When in Revelation the Rapture will occur

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
cga said:
You will not be going to heaven, for the elect are not appointed to go to heaven, but will instead rule on the earth when Jesus Christ returns. Just the fact that you do not know this, already makes it dubious whether you are indeed chosen, for all who are chosen know this.
But we will. We are not appointed to wrath (trumpets, bowls). The great multitude in heaven Rev 7:9, Rev 19:1.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 13:8...Thank you for your insight... I will meditate on what you have said. Thanks.

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Heb 13:8 said:
But we will. We are not appointed to wrath (trumpets, bowls). The great multitude in heaven Rev 7:9, Rev 19:1.
Indeed we are not appointed to wrath, but just as God made a distinction between the Egpytians and the Israelites when God sent plagues to Egypt, so will God make a distinction on the earth when he sends plagues upon the entire world. So, as scripture states, the elect will remain on the earth, to rule. The great multitude that survives these plagues will also live on the earth.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
cga said:
Indeed we are not appointed to wrath, but just as God made a distinction between the Egpytians and the Israelites when God sent plagues to Egypt, so will God make a distinction on the earth when he sends plagues upon the entire world. So, as scripture states, the elect will remain on the earth, to rule. The great multitude that survives these plagues will also live on the earth.
The great multitude that is in heaven? Rev 19:1 says their in heaven. The great multitude is the elect. :rolleyes:

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
The great multitude that is in heaven? Rev 19:1 says their in heaven. The great multitude is the elect. :rolleyes:
No, the multitude in heaven are angels, hence why this same multitude, later in this same passage, rejoices over the marriage of the lamb to the bride, who are the elect,

Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: "Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. (Revelation 19:6 [NIV])

And it is these multitude of angels that will come with Jesus Christ at his second coming,

Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: "See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones (Jude 1:14 [NIV])

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. (Matthew 25:31 [NIV])

May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones. (1 Thessalonians 3:13 [NIV])

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels." (Mark 8:38 [NIV])

and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. (2 Thessalonians 1:7 [NIV])

And it is this multitude of angels, that will gather the elect, who are on the earth,

And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens. (Mark 13:27 [NIV])

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
rockytopva said:
Please... What an insult!
If someone says something that isn't true, what are they?
However, I do not wish to insult, just make you rethink your beliefs. You say: I plan to go to heaven and return with Jesus. The fact that none of your plan coincides with God's Plan for His people, shows you have believed a scenario found outside of the Bible. Is Tim LaHaye or David Jeremiah your teacher? Are they prophets?

My aim is to promote the truth of the Prophetic Word. When I see fables, false doctrines and theories not supported by scripture, I will refute them.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
However, I do not wish to insult, just make you rethink your beliefs. You say: I plan to go to heaven and return with Jesus. The fact that none of your plan coincides with God's Plan for His people, shows you have believed a scenario found outside of the Bible. Is Tim LaHaye or David Jeremiah your teacher? Are they prophets?

My aim is to promote the truth of the Prophetic Word. When I see fables, false doctrines and theories not supported by scripture, I will refute them.
Then you are a liar too, because the Elect are in Heaven in Rev 7:9-17 - rockytopva is correct, and also too, Heb 13:8.

We do not have to withstand a tyrant arbiter of God's Word who can't for the life of himself get Isaiah 30:26 right.
First remove the beam from your eye, then you can see how to remove the splinter from the eye of another.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him. -
Deuteronomy 18:22

I think you speak, as the bible says, presumptuously... or out of your own ego... This is why you get angry when people do not agree with you... It offends your ego.

idono

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
rockytopva said:
Wrong set of trumpets...

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: - Thessalonians 4:16
I don't see anything wrong with this scripture. What is the conflict with the seventh trumpet, do tell?

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
idono said:
What is the conflict with the seventh trumpet, do tell?
The Last Trumpet is blown by God.
The Last Trumpet is named.
The Last Trumpet is an assembly call.
The Last Trumpet sounds the end of the Church Age.

The seventh Trumpet is blown by an Angel.
The seventh Trumpet is numbered.
The seventh Trumpet is an announcement call.
The seventh Trumpet concludes God's Wrath with the seven Bowls.

I hope this helps.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Marcus O'Reillius said:
The Last Trumpet is blown by God.
The Last Trumpet is named.
The Last Trumpet is an assembly call.
The Last Trumpet sounds the end of the Church Age.

The seventh Trumpet is blown by an Angel.
The seventh Trumpet is numbered.
The seventh Trumpet is an announcement call.
The seventh Trumpet concludes God's Wrath with the seven Bowls.

I hope this helps.

If the last isnt the 7th,there must be an 8th,where is it?

Nov 2, 2016
USA
cga said:
No, the multitude in heaven are angels, hence why this same multitude, later in this same passage, rejoices over the marriage of the lamb to the bride, who are the elect,
Underline: No cga, the great multitude are people.

Rev 7:9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

Rev 7:13-14 Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?” 14I answered, “Sir, you know.” And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Rev 19:8 Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.” (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.)

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Marcus O'Reillius said:
Then you are a liar too, because the Elect are in Heaven in Rev 7:9-17 - rockytopva is correct, and also too, Heb 13:8.
Marcus please tell us all exactly where in Rev 7:9-17 heaven is mentioned. Note that verses 15-17 refer to the time on earth, after the Millennium. Rev 21:1-4

I know 'heaven' is not there, so what does that make you, in your statement above?

Rocky, I am not a Prophet. I point out Bible truths and if the truth upsets you, that is not my fault.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
keras said:
Marcus please tell us all exactly where in Rev 7:9-17 heaven is mentioned. Note that verses 15-17 refer to the time on earth, after the Millennium. Rev 21:1-4

I know 'heaven' is not there, so what does that make you, in your statement above?
keras, there is only two resurrections, one to life and one to death. where are you placing the resurrection to life and harpazo if the great multitude is in heaven before Jesus lands on the mount of olives?? Rev 19:1 !! where in scripture does it say the resurrection to life is at the mount of olives??

John 5:28-29 "Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Revelation 7:9 "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;"

This is after John's second vision has taken place. Only here, and in John 12:13 were palms used to glorify our Lord. The Jews used these palm branches, "and cried Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord". That is a fact, Jesus did come in the name of the Lord God Almighty.

Revelation 7:10 "And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb."

In other words, these great numbers of people, came from all races and nations and languages on the face of the earth, and each and every one of them have been saved.

This is not part of the "rapture" as many teachers teach. No; but it is the people who have died in the Lord's work, and have gone to be with Him. It is my father who died twelve years age, and my uncle Ron who has passed on; It's my grandmother Knecht, who passed on when I was a child, and every other saint of God, who lived a life on this earth, and died and went to be with the Lord; from any century in this earth age.

Those are the ones John sees standing before the Lord in their white robes, washed in the blood of the Lamb, and their sins made white as snow.

Though we laid their fleshly bodies in the ground, Praise God their souls went immediately to be with the Father. [Ecclesiastes 12:7] From Adam and Eve to this present time, all these saints of God are now angelic soul beings; though they sinned in the flesh, each has repented of their sins, and God is faithful and just to forgive all those sins, and make them white and pure as snow.

These are the people Christ brings with Him ,they got to Heaven when they died,why is that so hard to understand?

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
keras, there is only two resurrections, one to life and one to death. where are you placing the resurrection to life and harpazo if the great multitude is in heaven before Jesus lands on the mount of olives?? Rev 19:1 !! where in scripture does it say the resurrection to life is at the mount of olives??

John 5:28-29 "Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.
Heb 13, If you read Rev 19:1-2 carefully, you will see that those in heaven then, are the martyrs praising God for taking vengeance in their murderers. They are the souls of Christians killed for their faith, the millions of martyrs since Stephen. The 'harpazo' of 1 Thess 4 is just a gathering of all the faithful who remain alive as Jesus Returns to earth.
The resurrection of all the dead happens at the Great White Throne judgement. Rev 20:11-15

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
n2thelight said:
If the last isnt the 7th,there must be an 8th,where is it?
Different set of Trumpets. There is no eighth.

God's Trumpets are the First, the Last, and the Great.
The First Trumpet starts the Church Age.
The Last Trumpet ends the Church Age.
The Great Trumpet signals the Millennium.

They are quite apart from the seven Trumpets of the Scroll which announces God's Wrath.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
Marcus please tell us all exactly where in Rev 7:9-17 heaven is mentioned.
I have told you and I have told you.
You don't get it.

The scene in Rev 7:9-17 is in God's Temple in Heaven as evidenced by the people before whom the Great Multitude are arrayed:
The Throne (of the Father).
The Lamb.
The four Living Creatures.
The 24 Elders.
The Angels.

They are all in Heaven. The Earth is about to be a seething cauldron of desolation.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
Heb 13, If you read Rev 19:1-2 carefully,
Heb 13:8 - if you read Rev 19:1-2 in the way keras wants you to read it... is what he means.

The martyrs are not the Great Multitude heard in Rev 19:1-2.
The Martyrs are yet to be "made alive" and they are not a Great Multitude - there simply isn't enough of them to be that many.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
keras said:
Heb 13, If you read Rev 19:1-2 carefully, you will see that those in heaven then, are the martyrs praising God for taking vengeance in their murderers. They are the souls of Christians killed for their faith, the millions of martyrs since Stephen. The 'harpazo' of 1 Thess 4 is just a gathering of all the faithful who remain alive as Jesus Returns to earth.
The resurrection of all the dead happens at the Great White Throne judgement. Rev 20:11-15
Where in scripture does it prove that soul sleep is false? The dead rising are also a part of 1 Thess 4, the dead rise before harpazo. The GWT is after the 1,000 years. The resurrection to life is before the 1,000 years.

Marcus O'Reillius said:
Heb 13:8 - if you read Rev 19:1-2 in the way keras wants you to read it... is what he means.

The martyrs are not the Great Multitude heard in Rev 19:1-2.
The Martyrs are yet to be "made alive" and they are not a Great Multitude - there simply isn't enough of them to be that many.
Yeah right. That's too many martyr's.