When Is It Not Love To Harm Another Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

year2027

Jan 17, 2011
God first​
When is it not love to harm another life?​
01-26-2011​
One would think that it is never ok with God to harm to harm another life but some Christians say its ok to kill for food. But I say it never ok with God to harm another living creature. One is on side of love the other on side of himself otherwise the life of creature is more valuable than others.

Genesis 2:9And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Which did God give Adam to eat “every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food” not what Adam wanted but every tree only? The Adam was to understand which were eatable and which were not and part was not to be eating because there was life in it.

“To the sight” is a figure of speech that God using to show that something has changed in the heaven and earth. A figure of speech is when brings things to our understanding to point at then so lesson is more real. Later on God gives more details of what happen in a story form that can understand.

Leviticus 3:11And the priest shall burn it upon the altar: it is the food of the offering made by fire unto the LORD.

This is first time animals were classified as a food but did God reclassify them or was man that did that? Where animals in God’s sight when God said “every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food” yes they were so God lie or man changed God words. God cannot lie so man changed God’s words and this not the last time.

So I ask you what is love to do as you want or look out for other person needs otherwise your either a taker from others or you’re a giver to others of love. Who has the right to live animals of gas, people flesh, soil, and so on everybody has the right to life? Thank you, with love and holy kiss Roy.

year2027

Jan 17, 2011
God first

thanks TexUs

[font="'Times New Roman"]you said "There was no need to eat meat in Eden. "[/font]
[font="'Times New Roman"]
[/font]

[font="'Times New Roman"]when did the need change all I see is wants to eat because people want overpower their needs [/font]
[/font]

[font="'Times New Roman"]where does love come in?[/font]
[/font]

[font="'Times New Roman"]is it love to take a life so my belly is happy?[/font]
[/font]

[font="'Times New Roman"]and I eat meat because I am weak[/font]
[/font]

[font="'Times New Roman"]it is a sin to the spirit but God understands that we are weak[/font]
[/font]

[font="'Times New Roman"]with love and a holy kiss Roy [/font]

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
We know in the restored Earth (New Heaven), the lion will eat straw like the ox. So one could only assume this restoration is due to it being like this in Eden, as you also pointed out.

1. Veggies
2. Curse lead to meat
3. Restoration leads back to veggies

Most people who question the eating of meat drop their argument when they realize Christ did so.

9 When they got out on land, they saw a charcoal fire in place, with fish laid out on it, and bread. 10 Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish that you have just caught.” 11 So Simon Peter went aboard and hauled the net ashore, full of large fish, 153 of them. And although there were so many, the net was not torn. 12 Jesus said to them, “Come and have breakfast.” Now none of the disciples dared ask him, “Who are you?” They knew it was the Lord.13 Jesus came and took the bread and gave it to them, and so with the fish. 14 This was now the third time that Jesus was revealed to the disciples after he was raised from the dead.

4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, 2 through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, 3 who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

[font="Georgia][size="3"]Paul says teachings, like you're suggesting, are demonic. Eating meat is OK, it is simply a result of the cursed world we live in. There's a need (and therefore, a good need) to eat meat. In the New Earth when things are good again, there won't be a reason to eat meat anymore. (Don't ask me how this works- it's just what the Bible says).[/size][/font]

year2027

Jan 17, 2011
God first

thanks TexUs
a restored Earth means spirit earth
we will be the same form as we are now
in the beginning God created the earth and Heaven
which beginning spiritual or flesh beginning
Genesis 1:
[sup]1[/sup]In the beginning God created theheaven and the earth. [sup]2[/sup]And the earth was without form, and void;and darkness was upon the face ofthe deep. And the Spirit of Godmoved upon the face of the waters.
the earth had to repaired
Genesis 1
:3
And God said, Let there be light:and there was light. [sup]4[/sup]And God sawthe light, that it was good: and Goddivided the light from thedarkness. [sup]5[/sup]And God called thelight Day, and the darkness hecalled Night. And the evening andthe morning were the first day.

[sup]6[/sup]And God said, Let there be afirmament in the midst of thewaters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. [sup]7[/sup]And God madethe firmament, and divided thewaters which were under the firmament from the waters whichwere above the firmament: and itwas so. [sup]8[/sup]And God called the firmament Heaven. And theevening and the morning were thesecond day.

who day God or man because a different
a day for is 24 hours but God had not set a way to measure time our Sun was not turn on yet
2 Peter 3:
[sup]8[/sup]But, beloved, be not ignorant ofthis one thing, that one day is withthe Lord as a thousand years, and athousand years as one day.

Veggies should be our diet but we are weak
you say Christ ate fish but does say ate but had to be temped of all
Heb 13:
[sup]8[/sup]Jesus Christ thesame yesterday, and to day, and forever.​

Then​

[font="tahoma][size="2"]Genesis 2:9And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.​
[font="tahoma][size="6"]is a command today and forever​

[font="tahoma][size="2"]What change man did not God cannot change [/size][/font]​
[font="tahoma] [/font][/left][/size][/left][/font][/color][/b][/size][/color][/left][left][color=#5D5D5D][size=2][b][color="#000000"]
[font="tahoma][size="2"]with love and a holy kiss Roy​

[/size][font="tahoma] [/font]​
[/font]​

[/size]​
[/font]​

year2027

Jan 17, 2011
God first

thanks TexUs

Jesus Christ talk to the air and wind

oxygen life give his life so Christ could come

it oxygen choice just like the donkey choice to come for Christ to hide on

with love and a holy kiss Roy

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
There's nothing wrong with eating meat. Nothing whatsoever. Jesus ate fish in this NT account.

Luke 24:36-43 (NKJV)
[sup]36 [/sup]Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, "Peace to you." [sup]37 [/sup]But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit. [sup]38 [/sup]And He said to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts? [sup]39 [/sup]Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have." [sup]40 [/sup]When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. [sup]41 [/sup]But while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled, He said to them, "Have you any food here?" [sup]42 [/sup]So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb. [sup]43 [/sup]And He took it and ate in their presence.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Yes, I noticed the OP ignored my question...
If it's unloving to eat meat then Jesus was unloving.

Of course his logic doesn't stand up against itself hence the evasion to my question.

year2027

Jan 17, 2011
[font="tahoma][size="2"]God first

thanks Duckybill and TexUs

Duckbill - then he did eat but let the fish had already begin to turn to dust again

TexUs - Jesus Christ got a promise from the Fish that was dead, the oxygen he needed, the water that he needed and so on that it was ok because life add left that matter

When you show where the love is in it because love taking from others so you can live

oxygen has less right to live than us? no
your for getting the verse God is love

Rom 1:[sup]27[/sup]And likewise also the men,leaving the natural use of thewoman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly,and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error whichwas meet.

who did God gave who up everybody that sins
[sup]Rom 1:29 [/sup]Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication,wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, [sup]30[/sup]Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters,inventors of evil things,disobedient to parents, [sup]31 [/sup]Without understanding, covenant breakers,without natural affection,implacable, unmerciful: [sup]32 [/sup]Who knowing the judgment of God, thatthey which commit such things areworthy of death, not only do thesame, but have pleasure in themthat do them.
God give us the Law to slowing edge back in right direction
but were commanded in the Beginning not to eat meat which I do but its wrong of me

[font="tahoma][size="2"]Genesis 2:9

[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma][size="2"]And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.​
[font="tahoma][size="3"]​
[font="tahoma][size="2"]if God told us this first either the bible is lying to us or God​
[font="tahoma] [/font][/left][left][font="tahoma][size="2"]it cannot be the way I want or you want​
[/font]​
[font="tahoma][size="2"]scripture must agree [/size][/font]​
[font="tahoma] [/font][/left][left][font="tahoma][size="2"]with love and a holy kiss Roy[/size][/font]​
[/font]
[/size]​
[/font]
[/size][/size][/font]
[/size]
[/size][/font]

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
God told Peter to "kill and eat" animals. There is nothing wrong with doing so.

Acts 11:4-9 (NKJV)

[sup]4 [/sup]But Peter explained it to them in order from the beginning, saying: [sup]5 [/sup]"I was in the city of Joppa praying; and in a trance I saw a vision, an object descending like a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came to me. [sup]6 [/sup]When I observed it intently and considered, I saw four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. [sup]7 [/sup]And I heard a voice saying to me, 'Rise, Peter; kill and eat.' [sup]8 [/sup]But I said, 'Not so, Lord! For nothing common or unclean has at any time entered my mouth.' [sup]9 [/sup]But the voice answered me again from heaven, 'What God has cleansed you must not call common.'

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Genesis 1:29-30 (NKJV)
[sup]29 [/sup]And God said, "See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. [sup]30 [/sup]Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food"; and it was so.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
So you're saying the fish that the ate were floating on the water, dead?

What about all the references to him telling them to cast their nets (to catch living fish) on the other side of the boat? If they were dead, floating on the water visibly, there'd be no need to tell them where to throw their nets.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Exodus 12:5-8 (NKJV)
[sup]5 [/sup]Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year. You may take it from the sheep or from the goats. [sup]6 [/sup]Now you shall keep it until the fourteenth day of the same month. Then the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it at twilight. [sup]7 [/sup]And they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses where they eat it. [sup]8 [/sup]Then they shall eat the flesh on that night; roasted in fire, with unleavened bread and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.

year2027

Jan 17, 2011

Duckbill -- it was dream only and Paul did not eat it was teach Paul lesson - - yes God made it us able to eat but does make right - God word not go
[/size][/font][font="tahoma][size="2"]against otherwise thing must fit together so because God is love what is love to take another or to give to another[/size][/font][font="tahoma] [/font][/color]
[color="#5D5D5D"][font="tahoma][size="2"]I will note I miss read but there no love in that verse because God is love there a problem still with your understand [/size][/font]

[font="tahoma] [/font][/color]
[font="tahoma][size="5"]TexUs - they catching men did not read where made catchers of men they were apostles now but man first and Jesus Christ knew we are weak [/size][/font][font="tahoma][size="5"]
[/size][/font]
[font="tahoma][size="5"]Rom 1:[/size][/font][sup]13[/sup]Now I would nothave you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come untoyou, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles. [font="tahoma][size="2"] [/size][/font]
[font="tahoma][b][color="#000000"][sup]21 [/sup]Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. [sup]22 [/sup]Professing themselvesto be wise, they became fools, [sup]23 [/sup]And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four footed beasts, and creeping things. [sup]24 [/sup]Where fore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: [sup]25 [/sup]Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. [sup]26 [/sup]For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: [sup]27 [/sup]And like wise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet. [sup]28 [/sup]And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; [sup]29 [/sup]Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, [sup]30 [/sup]Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, [sup]31 [/sup]Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: [sup]32 [/sup]Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.[/b][/font]

[font="tahoma][b][color="#000000"] [/b][/font][/color]
[font="tahoma][b][color="#000000"]who is God talking about we are fools of this world[/b][/font][/color]
[font="tahoma][b][color="#000000"]love is only answer there can ever be[/b][/font][/color]
[font="tahoma][b][color="#000000"]with love and a holy kiss Roy[/b][/font][/color]
[font="tahoma][size="2"] [/size][/font]

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010

I can't tell if you're a troll or just totally blowing off my question. I was not talking about "fishers of men".
Why would Jesus do this if they were catching dead fish?

Just as day was breaking, Jesus stood on the shore; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. 5 Jesus said to them, “Children, do you have any fish?” They answered him, “No.” 6 He said to them, “Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some.” So they cast it, and now they were not able to haul it in, because of the quantity of fish.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
[font="tahoma][size="2"]
Duckbill -- it was dream only and Paul did not eat it was teach Paul lesson - - yes God made it us able to eat but does make right - God word not go
[/size][/font][font="tahoma][size="2"]against otherwise thing must fit together so because God is love what is love to take another or to give to another[/size][/font][font="tahoma] [/font][/color]
[color="#5d5d5d"][font="tahoma][size="2"]I will note I miss read but there no love in that verse because God is love there a problem still with your understand [/size][/font]
Actually it was about Peter. And God told Peter to KILL AND EAT. The problem is with you.

year2027

Jan 17, 2011

thanks Duckybill and TexUs[/size][/font]
[font="tahoma][size="2"]
[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma][size="2"]
I eat meat too but is it not loving God but I think God understands

matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

how can say to them it not speaking with new tongues mean we are born again yet

Jesus Christ is talking about the return of Christ
has not new birth come yet

[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma][size="2"] What is to me because you can believe what you pict for your heart and I not trying to be mean but can be wrong

[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma][size="2"] we free ourself that old man our flesh we die with Christ but is to die with Christ a creature in the spirit to die fleshly

Matt 9:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Born should be translation conceive

look it up it can and meant
[/size][/font]
conceive, begot, and born
[font="tahoma][size="2"]
because Christ not say what he is saying in

matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Peter was out of the body otherwise his new body in Acts his his body where the end in seed began the heat from your can reach the stars or a sound from your body can reach stars

Matt 3:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. 20But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. 22He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

the one that say hearer not word - way side

but the hear among the thorns is he that heareth the word - this them of Matthew 7:22

but are ones who hear word of God it it grow in their heart we are hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

christ the seed always

Now about the fish Christ did was tell to them were to catch their nets

show the love in eating meat and I eat meat too but i look for love in everything because God is love

am I real you joke while I had Stoke in 2008 I did not talk nine days

lets see some Christian another board talk about stoning me because I said with holy kiss on one board in 2003

but does God word say in Rom 16:16

Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
so am wrong to say there not love harming animals because I cannot see it

[/size][/font]

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma][size="2"]
[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma][size="2"] God first

thanks Sandy

I eat meat too but is it not loving God but I think God understands

how can say to them it not speaking with new tongues mean we are born again yet

Jesus Christ is talking about the return of Christ

has not new birth come yet

What is to me because you can believe what you pict for your heart and I not trying to be mean but can be wrong

we free ourself that old man our flesh we die with Christ but is to die with Christ a creature in the spirit to die fleshly

Matt 9:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Born should be translation conceive

because Christ not say what he is saying in

Peter was out of the body otherwise his new body in Acts his his body where the end in seed began the heat from your can reach the stars or a sound from your body can reach stars

Matt 3:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. 20But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. 22He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

the one that say hearer not word - way side

but the hear among the thorns is he that heareth the word - this them of Matthew 7:22

but are ones who hear word of God it it grow in their heart we are hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

christ the seed always

Now about the fish Christ did was tell to them were to catch their nets

show the love in eating meat and I eat meat too but i look for love in everything because God is love

am I real you joke while I had Stoke in 2008 I did not talk nine days

lets see some Christian another board talk about stoning me because I said with holy kiss on one board in 2003

but does God word say in Rom 16:16

Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
so am wrong to say there not love harming animals because I cannot see it

[/size][/font]
Thanks but you lost me a long time ago.