When is the last day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only for the unsaved after judgement day!

Jesus will come to gather His elect, as we read in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18:

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

To God Be The Glory
Then I guess there isn't a last day.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you read the above?

In fact, when God divorced Israel, the signpost was "the tearing in half of the veil in the temple."

To God Be The Glory

I believe otherwise. The tearing of the veil creates the ability for all to have access to God, because Jesus paid for sins. This has no bearing on the divorcement which was the destruction of jerusalem in 70ad. Even the temple was torn down as promised by Jesus. The wrath of God was still to come.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where do you read the above?

In fact, when God divorced Israel, the signpost was "the tearing in half of the veil in the temple."

To God Be The Glory

Interpreting scripture....hmmmm! What do you think of this one in the light of Jesus?
Access to God through animal sacrifices and blood were not necessary. Access was now open through Jesus for all mankind. Quite different to divorce.....rather, reconciliation?

2 Corinthians 5:18
'Everything is from God, who has reconciled us to himself through Christ and has given us the ministry of reconciliation...'

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I guess you don't believe in Scripture since I gave you John 6:39, 40, 44, 54.
Now you've got me confused. John says if we believe in Jesus, we'll have eternal life (John 3:16), so I said, "Then I guess there isn't a last day." And then you say, "Then I guess you don't believe in Scripture since I gave you John 6:39, 40, 44, 54." Was John wrong when he said we'd have eternal life?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you've got me confused. John says if we believe in Jesus, we'll have eternal life (John 3:16), so I said, "Then I guess there isn't a last day." And then you say, "Then I guess you don't believe in Scripture since I gave you John 6:39, 40, 44, 54." Was John wrong when he said we'd have eternal life?
John 6:54 reads:

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Please follow OP.

To GodBe The Glory