When should you take communion?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not denying the fact, but what is the context and meaning of the words. Until you know what they are you are just trotting out tradition.
Oh, I so wish I had your understanding! How have you arrived at such perfect wisdom?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, believe it or not I have looked at the scripture time and time again. I have compared notes with scholars who are impeccable in their understanding. I have read the comments of people who are experts in the language of the day. When all is said and done, what I have said is the product of extensive research that cannot be faulted because it is not my ideas. it is the product of learned men.
It cannot be faulted??? Read my post immediately above!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How often? Is it true that you can take communion either every week, month or year? Thanks everyone!
People usually take it every Sunday or Sabbath day. You will probably get a lot of weird answers asking that question on this unorthodox forum. But most churches that do it and see it as important do it every week.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you take all the aforementioned scriptures into consideration as mentioned in my previous post #14, it suggests that the 1st day of the week and the breaking of bread participated in thereon was not a meal, but rather the time that the disciples came together as the church and remembered the Lord accordingly at that time, partaking of the Lord's supper weekly. Look closely at the scriptures cited to ascertain the difference.
Yes that is clear from scripture that breaking bread was an act that was performed frequently. As I said in post #26 most churches agree that breaking bread is done on the Sabbath weekly.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every week as did the the disciples.
Acts 20:7

7And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.
Great verse there. I hadn't seen that one. Perfect!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is simply your (flawed) interpretation. Do you have anything worthwhile to contribute?
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing personal opinion. Proverbs 18:2

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing personal opinion. Proverbs 18:2
Proverbs 18:3, "When wickedness comes, contempt comes also,
and with dishonor comes disgrace."