When they fall....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Always

Oct 23, 2023
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are living in a time where we see more and more men and women of God falling, I'm old enough to remember J.S, J.B, C.P E.L. and now supposedly T.J. I don't want to put their full names, because I want to make a discussable point without bringing up their ministries. Of course it is the Body of Christ's obligation to point out sinful behavior, it is also our obligation to show love, pray for these men, do we do this effectively to show the world the forgiving love that we have for our brothers and sisters in their fallen state?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are living in a time where we see more and more men and women of God falling, I'm old enough to remember J.S, J.B, C.P E.L. and now supposedly T.J. I don't want to put their full names, because I want to make a discussable point without bringing up their ministries. Of course it is the Body of Christ's obligation to point out sinful behavior, it is also our obligation to show love, pray for these men, do we do this effectively to show the world the forgiving love that we have for our brothers and sisters in their fallen state?
What I find interesting is how the love card is pulled to justify pointing out the mistakes/ shortcomings of others.
1 Corinthians 13 defines quite clearly the characteristics/ attributes of love. Perhaps I've missed something and can't for the life of me figure out how when you love someone you blame / find fault?

Always

Oct 23, 2023
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I find interesting is how the love card is pulled to justify pointing out the mistakes/ shortcomings of others.
1 Corinthians 13 defines quite clearly the characteristics/ attributes of love. Perhaps I've missed something and can't for the life of me figure out how when you love someone you blame / find fault?
Thinker, I'm sure pointing out a wrong action is not comparable with blame, as a mother I had to correct my child when a wrong was done, I didn't place blame, because the action was done, nothing to blame and with all the love in my heart I corrected. This is the love I'm speaking of, the scriptures state when you find your brother in a fault restore such one in the spirit of meekness considering thyself... Gal. 6:1-2. so many times we see ones being very harsh and the world sees that too.

Reactions: quietthinker