Where did sin originate from?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

scorpia

Jul 30, 2006
[font=Verdana']
8. SAAN BA NAGMULA ANG KASALANAN?
[font=Verdana'] Where did sin originate from?
[/font]

[font=Verdana']***MARAMI ANG NANINIWALA NA KAY EVA NAGMULA ANG KASALANAN MULA NANG KAININ NIYA ANG BUNGANG IPINAGBABAWAL SA PARAISO, NGUNIT [/font]
[font=Verdana']***Many believe it was from Eve where sin did originate from by the time she ate the forbidden fruit in the Paradise, but[/font]

[font=Verdana']TALIWAS SA KATOTOHANAN ANG PANINIWALANG ITO. HINDI KAY EVA NAGMULA ANG KASALANAN KUNDI SA INYONG PANGINOONG DIYOS. SA SIMULA PA [/font]
[font=Verdana']in contrary to the truth is this belief. It was not from Eve that sin did originate from but from your Lord God. Ever since from the beginning[/font]

[font=Verdana']LAMANG AY NAROON NA ANG KASALANAN. NAGKATAON LAMANG NA SI EVA ANG UNANG NATUKSO NITO.[/font]
[font=Verdana']sins were already out there. It so happened that Eve was the first one tempted to it.[/font]

[font=Verdana']
9. ANO BA ANG MGA URI NG KASALANAN?
[font=Verdana'] What are the kinds of sins?
[/font]

[font=Verdana']***MAYROONG DALAWANG URI ANG KASALANAN. ANG KASALANANG MORTAL AT KASALANANG ESPIRITWAL.[/font]
[font=Verdana']***There are two kinds of sins. The mortal sins and the spiritual sins.[/font]

[font=Verdana']
10. ANO ANG KASALANANG MORTAL?
[font=Verdana'] What are mortal sins?
[/font]

[font=Verdana']***ITO ANG ANG KASALANAN SA KAPWA TAO. ANG PINAKA MABIGAT NA KASALANANG MORTAL AY ANG ILIGAW MO ANG IYONG KAPWA TAO SA TAMANG [/font]
[font=Verdana']***These are sins against our fellow men. The most grave/serious mortal sin is to lead astray our fellow men in the right[/font]

[font=Verdana']LANDAS PATUNGO SA KALIGTASAN.[/font]
[font=Verdana']way leading to salvation.[/font]

[font=Verdana']
11. ANO NAMAN ANG KASALANANG ESPIRITWAL?
[font=Verdana'] What then are spiritual sins?
[/font]

[font=Verdana']***ITO NAMAN AY ANG MGA KASALANAN SA DIYOS AT ANG PINAKA MABIGAT NA KASALANANG ESPIRITWAL AY ANG SUBUKIN AT SISIHIN MO ANG IYONG [/font]
[font=Verdana']***These now are sins against God and the most serious of the spiritual sin is to test and blame your[/font]

[font=Verdana']PANGINOONG DIYOS.[/font]
[font=Verdana']Lord God.[/font]

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Here's the proper answer...

I Jn 3:8-10
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
(KJV)

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Sin is defined for me by the Holy Spirit. I cannot sin or even think about sinning without the Holy Spirit convicting me. The originator of sin was Lucifer when he spoke his five "I will" statements in Isaiah 14:13,14. "I will ascend into heaven; I will exalt my throne above the stars of God. I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north. I will ascent above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."

That last one alone would have condemned him as he had determined that he could be equal to God. That was impossible, of course, but it wasn't the possibility that condemned him but his pride. Unlike some people's belief, the devil is not omnipotent like God, and he and God are not locked in an eternal fight with neither able to defeat the other. We are told of Satan's end in Revelation.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
For me, I know it first came from Adam, but regardless, of concern for me is from where it originates from within me;

(1Jn 2:16)

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

(Jas 1:14)

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

That is why I walk in the Spirit so that temptations fail and sin has no more occasion in me;

(Gal 5:16)

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

(Gal 5:25)

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Now let's tell others how they can be made sinless and heirs to eternal life in Christ Jesus! :)

scorpia

Jul 30, 2006
The originator of sin was Lucifer when he spoke his five "I will" statements in Isaiah 14:13,14. "I will ascend into heaven; I will exalt my throne above the stars of God. I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north. I will ascent above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."

That last one alone would have condemned him as he had determined that he could be equal to God. That was impossible, of course, but it wasn't the possibility that condemned him but his pride. Unlike some people's belief, the devil is not omnipotent like God, and he and God are not locked in an eternal fight with neither able to defeat the other. We are told of Satan's end in Revelation.
But where did Lucifer came from?

For me, I know it first came from Adam, but regardless, of concern for me is from where it originates from within
And where did Adam and you came from?

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
But where did Lucifer came from?

? "lucifer" was a title given to a MAN, the King of Babylon. (Not a superstitious creature as some circles teach)

And where did Adam and you came from?

From the dust of the earth.

But "SIN" came from within Adam's own choice. God didn't make "sinners". We've made ourselves sinners. Jesus saves us from our sin.
Simple :)

Sorry, I seldom use it and guess I didn't do the multi-quote thing right.

scorpia

Jul 30, 2006
From the dust of the earth.

But "SIN" came from within Adam's own choice. God didn't make "sinners". We've made ourselves sinners. Jesus saves us from our sin.
Simple :)

Sorry, I seldom use it and guess I didn't do the multi-quote thing right.

The dust of the earth was created by God, didn't He? Adam's capability to choose also came from God and so are ours (capability to think and do sinful things). Can you pin point anyone who was not created by God and to whom do you think sin came and originated from?

Couppy

Jul 27, 2012
Sin is defined for me by the Holy Spirit. I cannot sin or even think about sinning without the Holy Spirit convicting me. The originator of sin was Lucifer when he spoke his five "I will" statements in Isaiah 14:13,14. "I will ascend into heaven; I will exalt my throne above the stars of God. I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north. I will ascent above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."

It is good to believe that we cannot sin as stated in 1 John 3: 9 'Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God'.

We should also be vigilant because 1 John 1:8-10 state

8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
[sup]10 [/sup]If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

It will be a good idea to recognise when we have sinned for sometime we may be too busy to hear the conviction of the Holy Spirit. Do you agree with me? But how can we do that if we cannot define what sin is?

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
The dust of the earth was created by God, didn't He? Adam's capability to choose also came from God and so are ours (capability to think and do sinful things). Can you pin point anyone who was not created by God and to whom do you think sin came and originated from?

This is a rhetorical question, right?
The answer is clear, this question doesn't make the answer given any less clear...

Sin came from a man's choice to disobey the Word of God. The first man Adam was the one whom we read is the direct ancestor of Jesus Christ. Our ancestor also. Adam was the very first MAN made by God in whom He bound by an oath that if he sinned he would die. All his descendents inherit this curse. We all sin like Adam, we all die like Adam
This is Bible 101 so I won't quote the verses.

Sin originated in Adam. We who descend from Adam inherit the trait of disobeying the Word of God, chosing our own will over His.

That is sin. We all do it.

(Rom 5:12)

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

The Gospel GOOD news is that, none of this MATTERS anymore!

In Christ, we satisfy the Law of Sin and Death and in baptism we DIE in Christ!

Now we are Risen with Him walking a new sinless guiltless shameless life in His Righteousness Joy and Peace in His Holy Spirit, the Kingdom of God!

So really, this is a very silly droll topic of "sin", when in fact, sin and death is destroyed in us who are filled with the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ Resurrected :)

Peace
Whitestone

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The very first sin did NOT... originate with the man Adam. The first sin originated from Satan when he rebelled against God in coveting His throne (Ezekiel 28; Isaiah 14). That's why... John said the devil sinneth from the beginning, which means prior to Adam and Eve's existence.

Reactions: whitestone

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
The very first sin did NOT... originate with the man Adam. The first sin originated from Satan when he rebelled against God in coveting His throne (Ezekiel 28; Isaiah 14). That's why... John said the devil sinneth from the beginning, which means prior to Adam and Eve's existence.

That is ridiculous. You have a very warped view of God obviously. Those references in Ezek and Isa have nothing to do with a supernatural creature sir. It is always about a "man" as those references say.

(Isa 14:16)

They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

(Eze 28:2)

Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

Please dispense with your superstitious supernatural devil stories, Please. It is false doctrine.

The "devil" or "satan" is always when a MAN chooses to disobey the Word of God. Starting with Adam. Always. Read the scriptures sir.

(1Jn 3:8)

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

And Jesus dwelling in me by Resurrection Life has destroyed the devil in me:
(Heb 2:14)

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Peace

scorpia

Jul 30, 2006
This is a rhetorical question, right?
The answer is clear, this question doesn't make the answer given any less clear...

Sin came from a man's choice to disobey the Word of God. The first man Adam was the one whom we read is the direct ancestor of Jesus Christ. Our ancestor also. Adam was the very first MAN made by God in whom He bound by an oath that if he sinned he would die. All his descendents inherit this curse. We all sin like Adam, we all die like Adam
This is Bible 101 so I won't quote the verses.

Sin originated in Adam. We who descend from Adam inherit the trait of disobeying the Word of God, chosing our own will over His.

That is sin. We all do it.

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

The Gospel GOOD news is that, none of this MATTERS anymore!

In Christ, we satisfy the Law of Sin and Death and in baptism we DIE in Christ!

Now we are Risen with Him walking a new sinless guiltless shameless life in His Righteousness Joy and Peace in His Holy Spirit, the Kingdom of God!

So really, this is a very silly droll topic of "sin", when in fact, sin and death is destroyed in us who are filled with the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ Resurrected :)

Peace
Whitestone

How could have had sin originated from Adam or Satan when both Satan and Adam were just under the creation of the Lord God and that Satan and Adam lived and moved because of God?

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
How could have had sin originated from Adam or Satan when both Satan and Adam were just under the creation of the Lord God and that Satan and Adam lived and moved because of God?

Obviously you are here to make God the originator of sin.

Allow someone to choose, and if they choose, that choice did not come from you. You allowed them to choose. Simple logic.

Not to mention the many many places the Bible lays sin at man's feet, and at satan's feet, as it were, and declares God to be righteous.

Love in Christ,
Mark

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
Hi Scorpia,

***MARAMI ANG NANINIWALA NA KAY EVA NAGMULA ANG KASALANAN MULA NANG KAININ NIYA ANG BUNGANG IPINAGBABAWAL SA PARAISO, NGUNIT
***Many believe it was from Eve where sin did originate from by the time she ate the forbidden fruit in the Paradise, but

The bible is very clear that God personally warned Adam not Eve, not to eat from the forbidden fruit.
Only Adam could commit the original sin because only he had received Gods word not to eat from it.

Which is a good point to bring up about God warning the Jews that they must heed the words of the Prophet/Messiah Christ unlike Eve with Adam.

TALIWAS SA KATOTOHANAN ANG PANINIWALANG ITO. HINDI KAY EVA NAGMULA ANG KASALANAN KUNDI SA INYONG PANGINOONG DIYOS. SA SIMULA PA
in contrary to the truth is this belief. It was not from Eve that sin did originate from but from your Lord God. Ever since from the beginning

Untrue.... the bible tells us clearly that there is NO sin in heaven. It is God's dwelling place. God cannot look upon the face of sin.
Sin in man did not originate from God. It simply originated when Adam knowlingly chose to disobey God.

LAMANG AY NAROON NA ANG KASALANAN. NAGKATAON LAMANG NA SI EVA ANG UNANG NATUKSO NITO.
sins were already out there. It so happened that Eve was the first one tempted to it.

Which sin? Wnere? Why make statements which cannot be justified by any evidence?

***MAYROONG DALAWANG URI ANG KASALANAN. ANG KASALANANG MORTAL AT KASALANANG ESPIRITWAL.
***There are two kinds of sins. The mortal sins and the spiritual sins.

As man is both a mortal being and a Spiritual being... made of flesh and capable of knowing God.
Then it is only right that a man must be born of Spirit and Truth.
Only one kind of sin but two types one which affects the body itself... sexual sin which is against God and your own body.
Then the other sin which is also against God and against your neighbour.
Both tandermount to a lack of love for God and your neighbour and even against yourself with sexual sin.
God created us as we are.

***ITO ANG ANG KASALANAN SA KAPWA TAO. ANG PINAKA MABIGAT NA KASALANANG MORTAL AY ANG ILIGAW MO ANG IYONG KAPWA TAO SA TAMANG
***These are sins against our fellow men. The most grave/serious mortal sin is to lead astray our fellow men in the right

All sin is sin and leads to death and separation from God. Do you really believe there is a grading of sins?
Christ died for all sins and the sins which lead to death were the sins that caused the woman Christ saved from stoning for adultery. Sometimes understanding the bible can be a little difficult. Christ was not saying some sins lead to death on judgement.
He was talking about the sins that lead to death there and then. Like adultery and homosexuality which was considered so serious no one talked about it.
Today the sins which lead to death are those in places like America where murderers can still face losing their life in this world for their sins against another human being.

LANDAS PATUNGO SA KALIGTASAN.
way leading to salvation.

Christ said:-

Mark 9:42

King James Version (KJV)

[sup]42 [/sup]And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

Sometimes we can see what Christ taught by the teaching that we must receive him as with the faith of a Child.
To receive the Kingdom of God with childlike faith.
We are warned to be careful of how we listen.

***ITO NAMAN AY ANG MGA KASALANAN SA DIYOS AT ANG PINAKA MABIGAT NA KASALANANG ESPIRITWAL AY ANG SUBUKIN AT SISIHIN MO ANG IYONG
***These now are sins against God and the most serious of the spiritual sin is to test and blame your

PANGINOONG DIYOS.
Lord God.

It is really all about your heart. Honest Thomas said:
[sup]25 [/sup]The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
[sup]26 [/sup]And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
[sup]27 [/sup]Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
[sup]28 [/sup]And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

God knows our hearts and he knows our needs.
We can by preaching those things above stop those who need the help genuinely receiving it.
God meets us at our point of need. Jesus didn't leave Thomas to face his doubts. He saw that Thomas was struggling to believe
and he knew exact;y what he required to stop the doubting. There was Christ meeting his needs and why? Because God knows our hearts and he knows our needs. It is always best to trust him when in a crisis of faith. He will never let you go.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon

The bottom line is; whoever suggests that Adam was not the originator of sin bears false witness against the Written record of the Word of God and IS satan by doing so. Only death awaits such a man.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The bottom line is; whoever suggests that Adam was not the originator of sin bears false witness against the Written record of the Word of God and IS satan by doing so. Only death awaits such a man.

May God rebuke you for saying something stupid like that. You don't know who did the first sin as written because you obviously listen to men's doctrines instead of reading God's Word for yourself. So try reading this again...

I Jn 3:8
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
(KJV)

For simpletons, that reads that whoever commits sin is of the devil. And why is that Mickey Mouse club fans? Because the devil sinned from the BEGINNING. Well when was that Mickey Mouse club fans? PRIOR to Adam and Eve in God's Garden.

By the time we're told of "that old serpent" (Rev.12:7) in God's Garden of Eden tempting Eve, the devil was ALREADY in his role as adversary and tempter against God. Anyone even intimating that is not so makes themselves look foolish, since the devil's act against Adam and Eve was to tempt them away from following God's command to not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

In Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28, God using metaphorical speech there about Satan, is revealed how Satan first rebelled against God in coveting His Throne. In Rev.12:3-4 we are also shown when Satan first rebelled in drawing a third of the angels (stars) into rebellion with him. The deeper Biblical matter is, there was a world prior to the time of Adam, and that's when Satan first rebelled against God. God ended that rebellion, then established this present world from all the way back to Adam, to bring His Gospel Salvation through His Son Jesus Christ.

If you'll notice, there is nothing written about God creating Satan in the Genesis 1 & 2 accounts, nor of Satan's rebellion with his angels. Why? Because God later tells us about the time when Satan rebelled against Him. Most Churches refuse to cover it because they think it's too controversial of a subject, which actually is in effect an excuse to HIDE this Truth in God's Word to His Church.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
May God rebuke you for saying something stupid like that. You don't know who did the first sin as written because you obviously listen to men's doctrines instead of reading God's Word for yourself. So try reading this again...

I Jn 3:8
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
(KJV)
Bythe time we're told of "that old serpent" (Rev.12:7) in God's Garden of Eden tempting Eve, the devil was ALREADY in his role as adversary and tempter against God. Anyone even intimating that is not so makes themselves look foolish, since the devil's act against Adam and Eve was to tempt them away from following God's command to not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
For simpletons, that reads that whoever commits sin is of the devil. And why is that Mickey Mouse club fans? Because the devil sinned from the BEGINNING. Well when was that Mickey Mouse club fans? PRIOR to Adam and Eve in God's Garden.

May God have mercy upon your wicked mouth and your ignorant assumptions.
I forgive you for your wickedness toward me and your mishandling of scriptures. But you will burn for your ignorant assumptions against the plain word of God.

The "devil" sins from the beginning.

Obviously that was ADAM because THAT is who the first sin came from. Scriptures (again) say that sin came into the world by man.

That one man was ADAM. He is the father of sin. The "devil", for you "simpletons".

You deny that. You also throw in your private interpretation that sin existed prior to Adam sinning. How ignorant and dishonest can you get?? You are a double false prophet. May you be rebuked as the ass forbade the madness of Baalim. You are no different.

As you quoted, Jesus "destroyed him who had the power of death, that is the devil".

WHO?

The flesh that Jesus overcame! What is wrong with you?

That is why Jesus had to partake of sinful flesh, so that He could overcome temptation and through death, destroy the devil.

Do you understand yet????

What is wrong with you?