Where does the Bible say...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm

We have one,

Heb 10:11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Heb 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

whom you have cast aside, and chosen men to rule and reign over you.

people still need to be sanctified

Hebrews 10:10
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

offered once in a bloody manner on the cross but for all in an unbloody manner

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says so!

matt 28:19-20

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

I am with you (the apostles) until the end!
The promise is to all believers.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marriage was from God the other from the devil, religion makes prisoners of men, and when men have being in prison for to long they are afraid to come out.

Need i repeat myself, Come out of her my "people". the emphasis being on the "my".

spiritual Babylon is the Roman Empire not the church

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s unbelievable that Jesus commissioned 13 to be his Apostles? It’s unbelievable that the Apostles then voted who would succeed the man that would replace one of the original 12? I think that scripture confirms both of those events
I think you're confused.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All believers are to go and teach all believers?

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you." John 14:26

"Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you?
Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshly tables of the heart." II Cor 3:1-3

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooo if I agreed with your theory I wouldn’t be confused? Fascinating....
Yes, my "theories" are everything. :rolleyes: No, I don't belong to a group that bestows infallibility upon human beings.

Jos 24:15 KJV And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Reactions: amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
spiritual Babylon is the Roman Empire not the church
Than we have Egypt, and God said to Moses, tell Pharaoh, let my people go so they can serve Me, but the Pharaohs of this world will not let Gods people go, and some people just grumble..

Exo_14:11 And they said unto Moses, Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?

some just love prison more than their own lives.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s unbelievable that Jesus commissioned 13 to be his Apostles? It’s unbelievable that the Apostles then voted who would succeed the man that would replace one of the original 12? I think that scripture confirms both of those events
The commission of Matthias was spurious. God does not ordain by the casting of lots.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T
The commission of Matthias was spurious. God does not ordain by the casting of lots.
And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-2_15-42-35.png
    upload_2021-1-2_15-42-35.png
    277 bytes · Views: 0

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
people still need to be sanctified

Hebrews 10:10
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

offered once in a bloody manner on the cross but for all in an unbloody manner
Your interpretation of this passage is errant. The unbloody manner is spiritual, not liturgical. Communion is a memorial. No religious ceremony imparts divine grace.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.
He was not commissioned by God. He was included and chosen by men, not God. Hence, the commission of Paul, the real replacement for Judas. The apostles are numbered as 12 in Revelation. Which one of "the thirteen" has been discarded?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

So all believers are apostles?

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

So we are to obey all believers?

1 Peter 5:2

Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

So all believers are to feed the flock?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was not commissioned by God. He was included and chosen by men, not God. Hence, the commission of Paul, the real replacement for Judas. The apostles are numbered as 12 in Revelation. Which one of "the thirteen" has been discarded?
you tell me which one, it’s your theory based on a straw man question. I can only repeat what scripture says: But when the apostles Barnabas (Matthias) and Paul heard this,.....

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your interpretation of this passage is errant. The unbloody manner is spiritual, not liturgical. Communion is a memorial. No religious ceremony imparts divine grace.

Malachi 1:11
For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure oblation, for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.

pure oblation is an unbloody sacrifice
Liturgical yes