Where is the conviction?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care how "futile" discussing a topic may be with whomever, for the simple reason that if my position is True,
and I've shown it to be so, then I'll never turn down an opportunity to defend that Truth. That's having conviction in a position, and
although I may say someone is wrong in theirs, it's that they believe they're right, so it's foreign and frustrating to me when I see
them defend their position so hard, yet so lazily at the same time.

If you're engaged in a discussion with someone that has a strong conviction in their position, even if you don't currently agree with them,
don't attack them for it, but ask yourself if you'd rather have that or someone who just makes claims, but doesn't really put forth the work in defending their position, and ignores, or bows out completely whenever the discussion becomes remotely challenging for them, etc.
I see too, too much of the latter types here.

Be the type of argumentator you'd like others to be.

Last edited: