Where To Begin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

fluffy_ming

Dec 27, 2023
Makati
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Hey there! Thinking about starting with the Bible? It's a big book, and I get how confusing it can be. When I began, I felt overwhelmed too. But someone smart suggested I start with the Gospel of John. It's an amazing story about Jesus that got me hooked. It's not just about religion, it's about life and love.

Here's some advice: After John, try Psalms and Proverbs. Psalms are great for comfort, and Proverbs give helpful advice for everyday life.

But remember, the Bible has lots of parts! Read different sections—like Genesis for beginnings, Exodus for adventure, and the New Testament for stories about grace and forgiveness. There's so much to explore! So, start wherever interests you. Listen to Audio bible and take your time. It's a journey, not a race. (links removed)

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Hey there! Thinking about starting with the Bible? It's a big book, and I get how confusing it can be. When I began, I felt overwhelmed too. But someone smart suggested I start with the Gospel of John. It's an amazing story about Jesus that got me hooked. It's not just about religion, it's about life and love.

Here's some advice: After John, try Psalms and Proverbs. Psalms are great for comfort, and Proverbs give helpful advice for everyday life.

But remember, the Bible has lots of parts! Read different sections—like Genesis for beginnings, Exodus for adventure, and the New Testament for stories about grace and forgiveness. There's so much to explore! So, start wherever interests you. Listen to Audio bible and take your time. It's a journey, not a race. (removed)

Welcome to the forum.

I noticed that You recommended starting with the Gospel of John. Do you agree with the Bishop‘s Bible rendering of John 1:1-5? (removed due to original link)

Last edited by a moderator:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
(New members link was removed from the O/P)

Last edited by a moderator: