Where's Judah's Royal Sceptre Today?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

Ezek 21:26-27
26 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.
27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.
(KJV)

It's pretty obvious that The LORD is not using that term for "overturn" in the sense of total destruction, since He says with that overturn idea He will give that diadem (crown) in final to One Who comes Whose right it is, pointing to Christ Jesus. Even the idea He gave with 3 overturns reveals its existence throughout those overturns. In the "it shall be no more" phrase, the KJV translators added the word "more". This shall not be the same is the better translation.

Also, with God's prophecy about the diadem being removed from Zedekiah, the last king of Judah in Jerusalem, He included that idea of "this shall not be the same" linked with the overturn prophecy. That shows He would exalt the "low tree" after removing the crown from Zedekiah in Jerusalem...

Ezek 17:22-24
22 Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will also take of the highest branch of the high cedar, and will set it; I will crop off from the top of his young twigs a tender one, and will plant it upon an high mountain and eminent:
23 In the mountain of the height of Israel will I plant it: and it shall bring forth boughs, and bear fruit, and be a goodly cedar: and under it shall dwell all fowl of every wing; in the shadow of the branches thereof shall they dwell.
24 And all the trees of the field shall know that I the LORD have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish: I the LORD have spoken and have done it.
(KJV)

Thus the overturn prophecy is NOT about a literal destruction of the diadem (crown), but the wearer of it being changed until Christ comes to receive it.

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
The only problem is that the Tea Tephi Jeremiah Ireland scenario seem to be fabricated.

http://www.cai.org/bible-studies/tea-tephi-never-existed
"Although the different characters are mentioned in the ancient Irish documents, they would appear 'many centuries apart', and are fitted together in a 'totally imaginary reconstruction'."

http://www.biblemysteries.com/library/jeremiah.htm
[font="Arial] the prophet Jeremiah (in the company of his scribe Baruch) took King Zedekiah's daughter to Ireland where she founded a line of Davidic kings that has continued on down to this day. What corroborating evidence can be found in the Irish annals to back up this assertion? What FACTS can be gleaned from the ancient sources to show this compelling story to be true? Shocking as it may sound, there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER in either the Irish or the Scottish annals -- not even a TRACE of Jeremiah, Tea-Tephi and the ever-faithful Baruch! The TRUTH is, if Jeremiah ever brought Zedekiah's daughter to Ireland, it went TOTALLY UNNOTICED in the ancient Irish annals.[/font]

[font="Arial]Although the royal house of Britain is NOT directly descended from King David of Israel through the MALE LINE, it is, in all likelihood, descended from King David through a wife or female descendant of this king who married into the line of Brutus. If this was the case, Queen Elizabeth is descended from Judah through BOTH the lines of Zarah and Pharez. The line of Zarah was brought to Ireland by Heremon the grandson of Calcol; and the line of Pharez came to Britain when Joseph of Arimathea founded the Church of God at Glastonbury.[/font]

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The only problem is that the Tea Tephi Jeremiah Ireland scenario seem to be fabricated.

http://www.cai.org/b...i-never-existed
"Although the different characters are mentioned in the ancient Irish documents, they would appear 'many centuries apart', and are fitted together in a 'totally imaginary reconstruction'."

There's a dating error in the Irish Annals Of The Four Masters that can easily be found by going back from the time of Christ's birth as recorded in the Annals, to the time of the flood as also recorded in the Annals. The dating is around 500 years off, and when it is corrected, the Annals align with the Bible prophecy era of Jeremiah and the king's daughters. But Jeremiah and the king's daughters is only one aspect of the Bible prophecy and Britain's relation to it.

Although the royal house of Britain is NOT directly descended from King David of Israel through the MALE LINE, it is, in all likelihood, descended from King David through a wife or female descendant of this king who married into the line of Brutus. If this was the case, Queen Elizabeth is descended from Judah through BOTH the lines of Zarah and Pharez. The line of Zarah was brought to Ireland by Heremon the grandson of Calcol; and the line of Pharez came to Britain when Joseph of Arimathea founded the Church of God at Glastonbury.

The Annals speak of one Scota as Pharaoh's daughter, and that she married one from Milesian line from ancient Spain. The name Pharaoh is simply another name in ancient Egypt for king. So if there's no link to ancient Egypt in the Annals, why did it use the daughter of Pharaoh as an identifier? It's because Egypt is where Jeremiah and Zedekiah's daughters were taken captive to, and never mentioned again per Bible history. Yet the prophecy is sure, because God told Jeremiah He made him a prophet to the nations, to not only tear down and destroy with Jerusalem's destruction, but also 'to build and to plant'.

One of ancient Ireland's names comes from Scota, as it was anciently known as Scotia (and also as Hiberia which is associated with the word Hebrew). Some of the royal family and people of ancient Ireland moved to Alba and married within the royal lines there, and that nation became known as Scotland. In ancient Spain, one of its chief cities was Zarragossa, a city that still exists. It means 'stronghold or fort of Zarah'. I've seen the city's ancient ruins, and I was told by Spaniards there it was one of the ancient capitals of Spain. Most likely, that's where Apostle Paul was speaking of going when he determined to visit the brethren in Spain per the Book of Romans.

All this is going to remain a mystery until Christ returns. It is not for the majority to yet know and understand. But strange how it keeps popping up throughout western generations among Christ's Church in the West, like those in Christ are supposed to now know. Bible prophecy supports it, and there's still plenty of evidence to support that prophecy.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Doppelganger is a good buddy of mine, and Lord knows I think the world of him. However, the source he quoted from I'm familiar with is from John D. Keyser, a BI offshoot, or I should now say American-Israelite. He disputes the Tea Tephi story as Doppelganger already mentioned and he reverses the roles of the USA and Britain as being Ephraim and Manasseh respectively. The latter never bothered me much since both are from the birthright house of Joseph if we want to simplify the genealogy a tad. However, I still adhered to the idea that the USA is politcally the house of Manasseh who became "a people" but is also peopled by many from Ephraim, so there is truth to that.

Regarding the more important Tea Tephi story, I always held to the belief that even if the Tea Tephi story was false, some princess from the lineage of Zedekiah had to marry from the Pharez lineage to the Zarah lineage. Why do I say that? The reason is simply because Ezekiel 17 says so. If we look at the "branches" being mentioned, we see that the prophet is really talking about a genealogy. There is no other genealogy regarding a princess other than Zedekiah's lineage. In addition, there are two biblical references that the "king's daughters" were with Jeremiah as if God wanted that known for a reason.

So, even if there was no "Tea Tephi", one of those daughters still had to make it to a King of Zarah's lineage because it has biblical mention. I just use the name "Tea Tephi" to give a personality to one of the daughters of the Davidic lineage menitioned in the bible whether or not she was actually called that does not matter.

In the end, John D. Keyser does believe in the transference of the throne of David, but the manner is just different. I forgot how he traced his genealogy, but the bottom line was that the British Throne likewise went back to the house of David and the end result is the same.

Even "British-Israelism" has it's "denominations" as does mainline Christendom, and as such never had a real super-strong central authority. As a matter of fact, British-Israelism is not a specific branch of Christianity the way we think of Lutherans, Baptists, and so forth. The belief permeated into those denominations so that a British-Israelite person may identify himself as a "Baptist" but still believes in that teaching. It's a subset of a larger core of beliefs and permeated every denomination.

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
Believe me pushing this is isue is friutless, even I used to believe this, but having done enough homework to realize, it can't possibly be true ...
http://en.wikipedia....ings_of_Britain

The Tea Tephi British-monarchy link is also found in J. H. Allen's Judah's Sceptre and Joseph's Birthright (1902, p. 251). A central tenet of British Israelism is that the British monarchy is from the Davidic line and the legend of Tea Tephi from the 19th century attempted to legitimise this claim. Tea Tephi however has never been traced to an extant Irish source before the 19th century and critics assert she was purely a British Israelite invention.

A collection of alleged bardic traditions and Irish manuscripts which detail Tea Tephi were published by J. A. Goodchild in 1897 as The Book of Tephi, the work is however considered pseudo-historical or a forgery. There is though a queen called Tea (singular) in Irish mythology who appears in the Annals of the Kingdom of Ireland. She is described as the wife of Érimón a Míl Espáine (Milesian) and dated to 1700 BC (Geoffrey Keating: 1287 BC).

These dates are inconsistent with the British Israelite literature which date Tea Tephi to the 6th century BC, but later British Israelites such as Herman Hoeh (Compendium of World History, 1970) claimed that the Milesian Royal House (including Tea) was from an earlier blood descendant of the Davidic Line who entered Britain around 1000 BC. In 2001, the British-Israel-World Federation wrote an article claiming they no longer subscribed to these two identifications, but still strongly stick to the belief that the British monarchy is of Judahite origin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah
name Jeremiah
Born c. 655 BC
Died 586 B.C.

http://en.wikipedia....ings_of_Ireland
Kings in the Baile Chuind
Óengarb Túathal Máelgarb (d. circa 544) Uí Néill
Aíd probably Áed mac Ainmuirech (d. 598) Uí Néill/Cenél Conaill; seemingly misplaced chronologically
Aíd Olláin probably Áed Uaridnach (d. 612) Uí Néill/Cenél nEógain; seemingly misplaced chronologically
Diermait Diarmait mac Cerbaill (d. circa 565) Uí Néill? Origins obscure.
Feáchno Fiachnae mac Báetáin (d. 626), or perhaps Fiachnae mac Feradaig, father of Suibne Menn Cruthin/Dál nAraidi, or Uí Néill/Cenél nEógain

Milesian High Kings
Eber Finn and Érimón 1287-1286 BC 1700 BC
Érimón 1286-1272 BC 1700-1684 BC

Ollom Fotla 943-913 BC 1318-1278 BC

Eochu Uairches 5th century BC 633-621 BC 856-844 BC
Eochu Fíadmuine and Conaing Bececlach 5th century BC 621-616 BC 844-839 BC
Lugaid Lámderg and Conaing Bececlach 5th century BC 616-609 BC 839-832 BC
Conaing Bececlach (alone) 5th century BC 609-599 BC 832-812 BC
Art mac Lugdach 5th century BC 599-593 BC 812-806 BC
Fíachu Tolgrach 593-586 BC 806-796 BC
Ailill Finn 5th-4th century BC 586-577 BC 796-785 BC
Eochu mac Ailella 5th-4th century BC 577-570 BC

Báetán mac Ninnedo 567
Áed mac Ainmuirech 568-594
Áed Sláine and Colmán Rímid 595-600
Áed Uaridnach 601-607
Máel Coba mac Áedo 608-610
Suibne Menn 611-623

http://en.wikipedia....C3%89rim%C3%B3n
Geoffrey Keating dates Erimon's reign from 1287-1272 BC, the Annals of the Four Masters from 1700 to 1684 BC BC.

http://en.wikipedia....Driel_F%C3%A1id
Irial Fáid ("the prophet"), the youngest son of Érimón by his wife Tea, according to medieval Irish legends and historical traditions, became High King of Ireland after killing Ér, Orba, Ferón and Fergna, sons of Éber Finn, in the Battle of Cul Martha, in revenge for their killing of his brothers Luigne and Laigne. He cleared twelve plains, dug seven royal forts, and fought four battles against the Fomorians. Having ruled for ten years, he died at Mag Muaide, and was succeeded by his son Ethriel. The Lebor Gabála Érenn places his death during the reign of Tautanes in Assyria (1191-1182 BC according to Jerome's Chronicon). Geoffrey Keating dates his reign from 1269 to 1259 BC,[3] the Annals of the Four Masters from 1681-1671 BC

http://en.wikipedia....om_Adam_and_Eve
Some claims, supported, for instance, by the Orange Street Congregational Church and The British Israel World Federation, go that the British Royal Family originates from the kings of Scotland, which come from the kings of Argyleshire, which trace back to the kings of Ireland. Ultimately, according to British Israelism, a portion of the monarchy of Ireland which is linked with those of Britain starts with Tea Tephi, a supposed daughter of Zedekiah, last king of Judah. British Israelists argue that Tea Tephi was taken from Jerusalem to Ireland by the prophet Jeremiah. Once there, British Israelists argue she married Érimón and by him had a child named Íriel Fáid, who became the next High King of Ireland, and was succeeded by his son Ethriel, and so on until the British Royal Family is reached.

Another claim consists of descent from the Viking founder of the Norman dynasty, king Rollo, who married into certain European royalty which had lines tracing back to Joseph of Arimathea.
[The Norman Claim is probably true, But steeped in myth and legend also [Arimathea thru Arthur, but taken as a whole is a given fact], But their are plenty of Rabbinic sources that point to this]

http://en.wikipedia....itish_Israelism
Several early Jewish sources support Two House Theology, which is a key tenet of British Israelism. However these sources do not state where the ten lost tribes of Israel are located. The Babylonian Talmud (Mishnah) Sanhedrin 110b for example notes:

...THE TEN TRIBES WILL NOT RETURN [TO THE LAND OF ISRAEL], FOR IT IS SAID, AND CAST THEM INTO ANOTHER LAND, AS IS THIS DAY: JUST AS THE DAY GOES AND DOES NOT RETURN, SO THEY TOO WENT AND WILL NOT RETURN: THIS IS R. AKIBA'S VIEW. R. ELIEZER SAID: AS THIS DAY — JUST AS THE DAY DARKENS AND THEN BECOMES LIGHT AGAIN, SO THE TEN TRIBES — EVEN AS IT WENT DARK FOR THEM, SO WILL IT BECOME LIGHT FOR THEM

Many Jews however have never subscribed to Two House Theology, and continue to reject this doctrine and therefore oppose British Israelism. Despite this, there have been historic Jews who advocated Two House Theology. Several Medieval Rabbis and Jewish Torah scholars began to locate the ten lost tribes, but the location greatly varied. Modern British Israelites often quote from Maimonides who wrote:

...I believe the Ten Tribes to be in various parts of Europe.

Brit-Am has compiled many more of these Rabbinic sources, including the testimony of Nahmanides who placed the lost tribes of Israel in France and Northern Europe.
Moses ben Isaac Edrehi

Moses ben Isaac Edrehi (1774–1842), a Moroccan-born Rabbi and Kabbalist believed the lost tribes of Israel were also located in Europe, writing in his Historical Account Of The Ten Tribes (1836):

...Orteleus, that great geographer, giving the description of Tartary, notices the kingdom of Arsareth, where the Ten Tribes, retiring, succeeded [other] Scythian inhabitants, and took the name Gauther [Goths], because they were very jealous for the glory of God. In another place, he found the Naphtalites, who had their hordes there. He also discovered the tribe of Dan in the north, which has preserved its name. ...They further add, that the remains of ancient Israel were more numerous here than in Muscovy and Poland - from which it was concluded, that their habitation was fixed in Tartary [ie Scythia] from whence they passed into neighbouring places ... it is no wonder to find the Ten Tribes dispersed there; since it was no great way to go from Assyria, whither they were transplanted, having only Armenia betwixt them.

Jewish scholar Dr. Moses Margoliouth in his History of the Jews in Great Britain (1851) placed the ten lost tribes in Western Europe:

...the Israelites must have visited the western countries (of Europe) in the days of Solomon.

I know Jeremiah after he returned, had to intervene because an Aramean-Arabo portion of the Persian Forces what to steal the kings daughter. During this time the Persian Empire was in a state of revolt at times. Like with Darius.

There are a few posibilities though, they married those who went down to Egypt with them. Ahab's defunct line [Gypsy Kings]. Possibly through Scythpolis or Arsareth she married a Northern Tribes King. Possibly a Foriegn King associated with Egypt.
[The other line probably also crosses with David Solomon and Nathan in Iberia earlier]

... AND WHAT TIM_FROM_PA SAID ... Skeptics, don't understand the Bible, and anyone associated with BI is considered a fraud. But you, Tim and me know this cannot be true. They focus on small details, hoping to catch mistakes. But the big picture tells a different story. Here my thread on some of these connections ...

http://www.christian...l/page__st__150

PS - I just found this also -> http://www.shee-eire.com/magic&mythology/myths/Dinnshenchas/Temhair%28Tara%29/Page1.htm

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Regardless of what one 'wants' to believe, Scota, daughter of Pharaoh is mentioned in the Irish Annals Of The Four Masters. And because a dating error exists in the Annals, that's enough to scratch assumptions that relationship with prophecy about Jeremiah and the king's daughters in the Annals cannot be possible.

This matter is not just about the country of Britain anyway, thus many of the anti-British-Israel speakers have not begun to make a dent in the archaeological evidence of the ten tribes migrating into middle and western Europe in stages after their captivity in Assyria (which also aligns with the Bible prophecy about the ten tribes).

If God's Word is followed accurately and believed as written, then the Bible prophecy is certain in that the tribe of Ephraim literally became "a multitude of nations", and that David's throne must still be existing on earth all the way up to Christ's return (Gen.48; Gen.49). Those multitude of nations can only point to nations founded by Israelites of the ten tribes, because Ephraim was separated from Judah after Solomon's days, never to return to the Holy Land nor joined back in with Judah. There exists a great number of Bible prophecies showing the "house of Judah" and the "house of Israel" (ten tribes) will remain apart until Messiah returns to join a believing remnant of both of them back together again as one Israel again.

A multitude of Jewish rabbi have testified of that fact of their separation into two separate houses per the prophecy, some of them believing the ten tribes of Israel are irrevocably lost, others of them understanding that the ten tribes are a great number of people but still lost, but will one day be gathered back to the holy lands of promise.

This matter keeps popping up among non-theological historical figures in the histories of Ireland, Scotland, and England. And it's still popping up today among God's people in the West. The reason for that is NOT because of the so-called Tea Tephi myth, but because of Bible prophecy God gave to the ten tribes of Israel and from archaeological/anthropological evidences that gives weight to it.

Yet it is clearly not 'given' for all of God's people to know and understand today. It is enough that God keeps reminding a remnant, because He promised a remnant of Israel would always know in all generations.

That Britain is involved in the ten tribes prophecies is only a tip of the iceberg within all the Bible prophecy about lost Israel. The royal families in Europe are all connected from the same bloodlines, and so whoever came up with the term 'British-Israel' that's really an oxymoron term, because the Biblical prophecy about Ephraim involves more than one nation per the Gen.48 prophecy, and even more than the nation than Ephraim's brother Manasseh would become. Ephraim was the head tribe over the rest of the ten tribes in the northern Israelite kingdom called "the house of Israel" per 1 & 2 Kings and 1 & 2 Chronicles.

Some here on this forum may at sometime be given the unction by The Holy Spirit to want to know the Bible history about the ten lost tribes of Israel, and be given the patience to follow the Bible prophecies about it that will properly show how to look for the evidence, and also how to interpret the existing evidence in the world today. And if the Bible student remains in that study to the end, they will discover that the foundation of the western Christian nations of history was the end result of it, and its eventual prophetic purpose in prep for Christ's future Kingdom at His return. But the unbelieving remnants of Israel will never know nor understand it, not until Christ's return. That's when ALL nations will then know and understand it.

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009
Yes Vet is correct.
The real Judah ruled in Ireland til Christ(Shiloh) came.
They don't hold the royal sceptre today.

The sceptre moved to Ephraims of England descendants I believe.

the joining of the two sticks occurred in England and is represented in the English Coat of arms.

Eze 37:16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
Eze 37:17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.

coas1.jpg

Ephraim and Judah together here
with the Harp of David and the Royal crown which was of Hebrew origins.
X & T was the last letter in old Hebrew & Phoenician
It could have been written either way.
The last letter "Tau" meant Completion.

Iberi was the early name of Ireland later changed by the Romans to Hibernia

Iberi or Eberi

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009

There's a dating error in the Irish Annals Of The Four Masters that can easily be found by going back from the time of Christ's birth as recorded in the Annals, to the time of the flood as also recorded in the Annals. The dating is around 500 years off, and when it is corrected, the Annals align with the Bible prophecy era of Jeremiah and the king's daughters. But Jeremiah and the king's daughters is only one aspect of the Bible prophecy and Britain's relation to it.

The Annals speak of one Scota as Pharaoh's daughter, and that she married one from Milesian line from ancient Spain. The name Pharaoh is simply another name in ancient Egypt for king. So if there's no link to ancient Egypt in the Annals, why did it use the daughter of Pharaoh as an identifier? It's because Egypt is where Jeremiah and Zedekiah's daughters were taken captive to, and never mentioned again per Bible history. Yet the prophecy is sure, because God told Jeremiah He made him a prophet to the nations, to not only tear down and destroy with Jerusalem's destruction, but also 'to build and to plant'.

One of ancient Ireland's names comes from Scota, as it was anciently known as Scotia (and also as Hiberia which is associated with the word Hebrew). Some of the royal family and people of ancient Ireland moved to Alba and married within the royal lines there, and that nation became known as Scotland. In ancient Spain, one of its chief cities was Zarragossa, a city that still exists. It means 'stronghold or fort of Zarah'. I've seen the city's ancient ruins, and I was told by Spaniards there it was one of the ancient capitals of Spain. Most likely, that's where Apostle Paul was speaking of going when he determined to visit the brethren in Spain per the Book of Romans.

All this is going to remain a mystery until Christ returns. It is not for the majority to yet know and understand. But strange how it keeps popping up throughout western generations among Christ's Church in the West, like those in Christ are supposed to now know. Bible prophecy supports it, and there's still plenty of evidence to support that prophecy.

King Milesius was Scythian who left Egypt for Spain and after a short time there they moved on to Ireland.
Ireland was to be called Scotland originally and Scotland was called Alba(White) and later became Scotland

ZeraGoza is a city in Spain that King Milesius created and in Hebrew Goza means Stronghold. Like Modern Goza strip.
Zeragoza is stronghold of Zerah.

Zerah was a twin son son of Judah who was known as in scripture as the twin of Perez one who breeched the contract and thee Red Hand ofd Parez became a known phrase.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/88/Ulster_banner.svg/600px-Ulster_banner.svg.png
the Red Hand seen in old flag of Northern Ireland with the Royal Crown of Israel and the Star of David with a Hebrew Tau(Cross)
The Red hand has always been associated with Part of Ireland as well as the Harp of David

A bible prophecy of the breech of contract was to be unbreeched or repaired in the future. (Happened in Ireland/Scotland)

It is believed that TiaTelphi of the Perez line married a Judaites Irishmen who fulfilled this reunion of the twins. (repair the breech)
Perez happens to be a common Spanish name.

My ancestors were of the old Irish Bardic traditions and were of the last known bards when it was put to a stop.
Bards kept up with the family history.

There is a ebook telling the history of my family going all the way back to Heremon, one of the sons of King Milesius who ruled Connaught or the Western portion or Ireland.
O'Daily's, O'Neils, O'Connors are 3 big Irish names that came from this lineage.

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009
In the 18th century, historians discovered exciting proof of Phoenician-Celtic ties. An ancient Roman dramatist, Titus Maccius Plautus (died 184 B.C.) wrote a play, the Penulus, in which he placed then-current Phoenician into the speech of one of his characters. In the 18th century, linguists noticed the great similarity between that Phoenician and the early Irish Celtic language. In the adjacent box is a sample given by historian Thomas Moore's, History of Ireland, showing the connection between these languages. Leading 18th and 19th century scholars, such as Gen. Charles Vallancey, Lord Rosse, and Sir William Betham, also wrote on this subject. Vallancey, for instance, speaks of, "The great affinity found in many words, nay whole lines and sentences of this speech, between the Punic [Phoenician] and the Irish."

THE SIMILARITY BETWEEN THE EARLY IRISH-CELTIC AND THE SECOND CENTURY, B.C., Phoenician LANGUAGE, AS SHOWN BY THE PENULUS OF PLAUTUS:

PHOENICIAN OF PLAUTUS:
Byth lym mo thym nociothii nel ech an ti daisc machon
Ys i do iebrim thyfe lyth chy lya chon temlyph ula.

EARLY IRISH-CELTIC:
Beth liom' mo thime nociaithe, niel ach an ti dairie mae coinne
Is i de leabhraim tafach leith, chi lis con teampluibh ulla.

Celtic scholar, John Rhys, gives strong evidences of Canaanite colonization of the British isles in ancient times. "Ireland was known as IBERION," he says. (p. 201) The ancient name of the Israelites was Ibri or Iberi (modern: Canaanite), which is derived from the name, "EBER," or "HEBER," an ancestor and patriarch of that people. Mr. Rhys continues, "...in Ireland it was Ivernii in Ptolomy's time; and he mentions a town there called Ivernis, and a river Ivernios. To these may be added various forms of the name of the island, such as Juvenal's Iuuerna, distorted more usually by the Romans into Hibernia... THEIR EPONYMOUS ANCESTOR... is variously called... EBER, Emer, and HEBER." (ibid., p. 262-3)

HISTORICAL LINK

One last fascinating connection with ancient Israel is suggested by Professor Rhys, who says, "the (Celtic) Kymry were for some time indifferently called Cambria or Cumbria, the Welsh word on which they are based being, as now written, Cymru... and is there pronounced nearly as an Englishman would treat it if spelled Kumry or KUMRI." (p. 142) As students of Old Testament history well know, "Kumri" or "Khumri" was the name of the Israelites in Assyrian texts. (see, "The March of Archaeology," by C.W. Ceram, p. 216) The virtual identity in spelling and sound between the Israelite "Khumri," and the Celtic "Kymry," is too much of a coincidence to not have a relationship. Taken with the many other evidences, religious and cultural, the connection between the ancient Canaanites and Celts is too strong to be ignored. In fact, it is no longer a question of, "Did Canaanites settle in Europe in ancient times?" but only a question of, "How many of the people of Europe are of Canaanite descent?" When considering the great numbers of early Israelites (see our tract, "The Real Diaspora"), and the Biblical promise of multitudinous seed (Gen. 26:4, 32:12; Exo. 32:13; Jer. 33:22, etc.), it is evident that the Canaanite-Celtic connection is very significant.

Irish history records three main waves of colonization to that isle in ancient times: the Firbolgs, of whom little is known, the Tuatha de Danaan (meaning 'Tribe of Dan'; tuath means 'tribe'), and the Milesians. The latter two peoples are known to have originated in Asia and may have been related. "The Story Of Ireland," by A.M. Sullivan, tells us this: "The Milesian colony... were an Eastern people...they had passed from land to land, from the shores of Asia across the wide expanse of southern Europe, bearing aloft through all their wanderings the Sacred Banner, which symbolized to them at once their origin and their mission, the blessing and the promise given to their race. This celebrated standard, the 'Sacred Banner of the Milesians,' was a flag on which was represented a dead serpent and the rod of Moses..." (p.12) The Milesians traced their ancestry to "Gadelius," whose grandfather was "the king of Scythia." (p.13) Interestingly, Gad was a son of the patriarch Jacob, and his descendants formed one of the tribes of Israel. The Greek word Scythia is derived from the Semitic, Skutha, and the Persian, Saca, which are terms for the Israelites. (see our tract, "The Real Diaspora") As if this wasn't enough coincidence, the serpent symbol was a family heraldic emblem of the Israelite tribe of Dan (Gen. 49:17), whose descendants have been traced by leading modern American archaeologist Cyrus Gordon, to the Tuatha de Danaan of early Ireland! (see "Before Columbus," pp. 108-111)

Read more: The Canaanite Phoenician-CELTIC CONNECTION http://phoenicia.org/hebceltconn.html#ixzz1Sj8oyMAe

My opinion is the Canaanite name creates some confusion.
These should be called Israelites though they lived in the land of Canaan.
Canaanites were another people that were supposed to be run out of the land though they influenced the false religion of the Israelites

If these Israealites bred with tthe Canaanites then they wouldn't be much diffeerent than Esuas descendants.