Where's REAL Bible Teaching Gone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
veteran said:
Where has real Bible teaching and study gone in many of today's Churches?

I mean, look at the kind of topics many start here. The majority of them are pop ideas going around in Christian literature outside of God's Holy Writ.

Where's topics with real Bible Scripture examples line upon line, instead of mini hops and jumps with a lot of men's leaven added to it?

What would you rather hear, some man that seeks to be looked up to by his eloquent speech and ability to write a long philosophical treatise? Or would you rather hear God's Word directly from His Word taught to you line upon line?

How many know that it was the duty of the priests of Israel to stand before the people and read God's Word to them directly line upon line, while giving them the meaning? You know what that level of Bible teaching and study requires? It means the teachers cannot play hop-scotch within God's Word jumping around to get It out of the context of the Book, chapter and verse. It means having to cover verses those not called don't understand, or that might cause conflict with their organization system's doctrines, or that might offend someone.

So true, The Bible Teachers who do acually teach God's word as it is in truth, Are very few in comparison with the many who teach their own views.
This is very sad, As for what Church you go to and what Teachers you hear, could be the difference between life or death, sickness or health, victory or defeat.

Another sad thing is, I know many Charismatic/Pentecostal, Spirit filed, word of God believing people who go to Churches that aren't Spirit filled Churches, And they don't teach the fulness of God's word,
Yet they know that there are Churches near them that are Spirit filled and do teach the uncompromising word of God.

Much prayer is needed for these people, And for the Teachers who don't teach the fulness of God's word.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
7angels said:
you have great reasoning but still it would not be enough to convince me that christianity is the best religion to go with. the argument about Jesus still being alive while the rest are dead is pretty good too but now how do you prove Jesus is still alive?

what i am trying to get at is that the supernatural is necessary in order to prove that Jesus is alive. that what the Gospel teaches is true.
I don't know who in the world you're listening to, but they do not represent our Heavenly Father and His Son.

John 20:29
29 Jesus saith unto him, "Thomas, because thou hast seen Me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."
(KJV)

Did you not understand what Jesus said there?

It's about those of His disciples that actually saw Him after His resurrection in contrast to those who have not, yet those that haven't still believing The Father raised Him. And Jesus says those who believe as such are... blessed.

Per Christ at the end of John 8, He said Abraham saw His day and was glad, meaning Abraham wasn't there with His disciples after His resurrection either, yet Abraham believed God's Promise, and it was accounted to Abraham as righteousness. This is why Apostle Paul said God preached before The Gospel to Abraham (Gal.3:7-8). Abraham, and those after him that also believed simply didn't get to live to see it happen, yet they had Faith on The Promise that was given 430 years prior to the law.

An outward sign of miracles does not confirm that belief, because the false prophets of history were also able to perform miracles and signs (as it still is today). With the mouth confession of one's heart is made unto salvation by belief on Christ's resurrection (Rom.10).

Christianity is not a religion; it is Truth. The various orders and systems of men that try to claim... they represent Christianity is the religion idea you speak of, and that working by mammon is what's no different than all other religions on earth.

Those you're listening to exist to try and turn people away from the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus.