Who are Jesus' followers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

surrendersacrifice

May 27, 2007
Who are Jesus' followers?Those who follow Jesus in the way they live. By His example and words Jesus taught us what His life is all about. He taught us to go out of our way and give of our self completely to love and serve others, including, those who hurt and offend us. He showed us to (Luke 6:27-35) love our enemies, do good deeds to those who hate us, bless those who curse us, and pray for those who mistreat us. If anyone slaps us on one cheek, we must let him hit the other one too. We must lend expecting nothing back. We must give to everyone who asks for something. Even when there is unfaithfulness (Hosea 3:1) we must not divorce our spouse (Mark 10:11-12) and be merciful, just as our Father is merciful (Luke 6: 35-36). If someone takes us to court to sue us for our shirt, we must let him have our coat as well. We must walk an additional mile if the occupation forces ask us to carry their pack for one mile (Matt 5; 39-41).

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
All this is so true. I manage to do about 3/4 of them by my heart.In my younger days, even though I'd consider myself a Christian I'd treat people the same way the world does. Not much of a testimony.Now, as I study the bible more, I find I have compassion for folks where I never thought I did. I sometimes cuss things and people out (to myself) and complain at times, but I find myself even helping what I call my enemy even after I muttered under my breath about him or her. It's as if another force takes over when they need help of some sort, in spite of how I think.A good example is where I work. I hate my job, and complain to myself. I think they are cheap employers. But then I turn around and buy stuff for them (e.g. stationary type stuff) and I give my fellow workers change without expecting anything in return. I'm always cheerful and brighten things up. I would have never done that 25 years ago when I was in my 20's. They now look up to me like a parent or to that effect.Of course we know what that force is.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(surrendersacrifice;60813)
Who are Jesus' followers?Those who follow Jesus in the way they live. By His example and words Jesus taught us what His life is all about. He taught us to go out of our way and give of our self completely to love and serve others, including, those who hurt and offend us. He showed us to (Luke 6:27-35) love our enemies, do good deeds to those who hate us, bless those who curse us, and pray for those who mistreat us. If anyone slaps us on one cheek, we must let him hit the other one too. We must lend expecting nothing back. We must give to everyone who asks for something. Even when there is unfaithfulness (Hosea 3:1) we must not divorce our spouse (Mark 10:11-12) and be merciful, just as our Father is merciful (Luke 6: 35-36). If someone takes us to court to sue us for our shirt, we must let him have our coat as well. We must walk an additional mile if the occupation forces ask us to carry their pack for one mile (Matt 5; 39-41).
God divorced Israel. All I can safely say this is, Christians are not second class citizens.

Risen4meamp;amp;U

Oct 18, 2008
(surrendersacrifice;60813)
What you have wrote is Not entirely truth nor bibical. If your spouse leaves you and commits the act of adultery against you, then you're free to divorce them (Matt. 5:32; 19:9). In Old Testament law, the offending parties in adultery would both be put to death (Lev. 20:10; Dt. 22:22), thus leaving the innocent party free to remarry (Rom. 7:2; 1Cor. 7:39). Under the New Covenant, the sin of adultery is not diminished, but the penalties or results are redefined in light of grace and the innocent party has a proper right to end the marrage by divorce and is free to remarry another believer.But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness [sexual immorality], causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery. - Matthew 5:32 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness [sexual immorality], and marries another woman commits adultery." - Matthew 19:9This doesn't mean that you immediately get out of the marriage. Just upon the act of adultery, you shouldn't rush to the divorce court. Your first act should be, "... if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently (Gal. 6:1). In 1 Cor. 7:10-11, Paul writes, "A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband."If they refuse to restore and continue in the act of adultery, then you have every right to divorce