Who are the elect? Not the pious IMO

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the point of the New Testament is that it is individual faith in Christ that saves, not circumcision, bloodlines, etc.

Yes, but it seems Truman believes that he is part one of the 12,000 of the 144,000... I think he's speaking about the part in Revelation 7.

Reactions: Truman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS: @FluffyYellowDuck I tend to do a lot of reading before going to sleep, but it's a moot point whether the reason for switching off the light is because of sleepiness or because the eyes can't stand any more. (Life does change in such ways, in ways one would not have imagined years ago...)

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My paternal grandmother's maiden name was Marr.
My dad told me that due to racism over the fact she was Italian, it was shortened to Marr.
Must be where I got my good looks from.
After all, I am 1/4 Guapo. ;)

Reactions: Nancy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, but it seems Truman believes that he is part one of the 12,000 of the 144,000... I think he's speaking about the part in Revelation 7.
You got it...arf, arf!
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: DuckieLady

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I personally think the elect are NOT people that are pious. I think the elect are people who are so screwed up that if God didn't intervene in their lives, they would perish. I think I am elect, not because I am pious but because Jesus came to me in such a supernatural way that if he didn't I would have perished. He let me know he is very real and he is God. And when I met him I realized we knew each other, from before earth born life. So I realized he foreknew me. This was before I ever started reading the Bible.

I think God looked through the future and knew who would eventually accept him and who would reject him. I think the elect are idiots such as myself that would throw away their eternity for some pleasures of Satan and after living in sin for so long and seeing its horrible consequences, finally realizing they need God. Not knowing the sever consequences of rejecting God, Jesus knew I was too stupid to realize what I was doing. In repentance I prayed to God and he answered my prayer(Thank you Jesus!!!!).

There is not much about the elect, explaining who they are. That is my opinion on who they are. Not saying I am correct, but that is what I think.
There tends to be a real fine line between the elect and the predestined. I think the elect are those in the O/T that were chosen as part of the story of Jesus, up to his death and resurrection. This includes the the prophets and the Apostles and also us believers by faith. I think that the predestined ones are like the son of perdition but also like Elijah aka John the B. So there is a mixture of good and evil in there....

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There tends to be a real fine line between the elect and the predestined. I think the elect are those in the O/T that were chosen as part of the story of Jesus, up to his death and resurrection. This includes the the prophets and the Apostles and also us believers by faith. I think that the predestined ones are like the son of perdition but also like Elijah aka John the B. So there is a mixture of good and evil in there....

Hi Angelina!
This is a new way to look at this for me. More and more I am seeing both the good and the evil as dual purposes for the same outcome...Gods Will. :)

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We're all sinners saved by grace. God has His purposes and we have His praise! As in, we praise Him. If and when He praises us, well, praise the Lord! :D

Reactions: Mantis and Nancy