Who are the Promised Ones who shall possess the Land of God, forever?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are the Promised Ones who possess the Land of God, forever?!

Introduction:

Eschatology does not begin in the Book of Revelation, nor in Daniel or Ezekiel or even with the very words of Christ Yahshua. It begins in the beginning, with the start of the word and the grand plan of God, when the foundations of the earth were set, and the first man began and lived in the garden temple of God on this earth, called Eden or even Paradise.

When Adam was created from the natural elements of the earth and his mate from him, together they would form a family in God’s presence, in his holy Temple. They were to then preserve, maintain and guard the garden Temple from evil that could cause God to abandon them and his presence on the earth. They were to populate Eden and expand its area, to the entire planet and therefore expand the presence of God to all of the then both natural and spiritual earth. To bring all mankind into God and his presence forever. It was the age of innocence.

This first phase of the plan ended at the onset of the age of accountability when man predictively fell away from the presence of God by self-inflicted sin, and he clearly did. Adam and Eve were forced to leave the Temple as Adam of man, the first projected high priest for God, became degraded into a natural state of man, an unspiritual man led into the wilderness of the earth away from the presence of God.

God then decided to restart his purpose with another natural man born around the place of ancient Babel. There was a man named Abram of Ur, Mesopotamia, a part of modern day Iraq today. God Almighty called him out of there and he led him to a promised land away from his home and the land of the Chaldeans. They were known to be priests of other gods and foreign spirits.

God chose Abram to become his new high priest and the father of all future spiritually-transformed people, sealed and gathered from all nations. And thus God renamed him Abraham.

Abraham of faith would then cause the recompense and reinstatement, the renewed presence and Temple of God over time, by salvaging and restoring the remnant of mankind from all nations to himself.

And this man now called Abraham never had a child and especially a son to continue in the path of God’s purpose for mankind, until his God intervened and triggered the next phase of the plan. Abraham and Sarah, of an age well beyond birthing a child, conceived and birthed a son called Isaac, conceived entirely by the power of the Spirit of God.

God’s plan hinged upon a set of agreements or Promises given to Abraham and his descendants, first for his natural people and then for his spiritual people. The natural comes first then it becomes spiritual, its final design and form.

(1Co 15:36) Foolish man! Don’t you know that what you sow in the ground does not germinate unless it dies?

(1Co 15:37) And what you sow is not the body that will come into being, but the bare seed. And it’s hard to tell whether it’s wheat or some other seed.

(1Co 15:38) But when it dies, God gives it a new form, a body to fulfill his purpose, and he sees to it that each seed gets a new body of its own and becomes the plant he designed it to be.(TPT)

The natural or physical comes before the spiritual. This is the process that God created for us. He made us this way. As a seed that sheds its bland container for life and then at the right time sprouts into spiritual glorious splendor, and later into it final state of glory and immortality.

(1Co 15:43) The body is “sown” in decay, but will be raised in immortality. It is “sown” in humiliation, but will be raised in glorification.

(1Co 15:44) It is “sown” in weakness but will be raised in power. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body.(TPT)

When God promised land and a people to Abraham, and to his descendants independently, he first introduced the natural and physical things in these promises, knowing well they would all represent the final state of theses promises as spiritual people for a spiritual land.

Abraham knew this already and believed in his God by faith. He looked beyond this natural and physical state of promises, for a better country, a spiritual land for a spiritual chosen people of God.

(Heb 11:10) His eyes of faith were set on the city with unshakable foundations, whose architect and builder is God himself.(TPT)

Abraham looked by faith for and to the Kingdom of God as his better country. He sought a heavenly city of God. He did not look for an earthly piece of land or a physical city as Jerusalem as the final state and purpose of God, only a new Jerusalem a new Kingdom of God.

(Heb 11:16) But they couldn’t turn back for their hearts were fixed on what was far greater, that is, the heavenly realm! So because of this God is not ashamed in any way to be called their God, for he has prepared a heavenly city for them.(TPT)

This is the basis and beginning of Eschatology, for mankind’s final resting place, fully and immersed in the Kingdom of God.

As we proceed forward it must be understood that the New Covenant explains the Old Covenant and not visa versa.

Blessings to all

----------------

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God’s plan hinged upon a set of agreements or Promises given to Abraham and his descendants, first for his natural people and then for his spiritual people. The natural comes first then it becomes spiritual, its final design and form.

The natural or physical comes before the spiritual.

You tell the story in an interesting way, and there is certainly truth in it. But you take a few liberties that are not really stated in the Bible. Since this is just background to your main idea, I'll just let these things go.

But the idea that you correlate the natural/spiritual dichotomy to the Israel/Church dichotomy can be misleading. Replacement Theology completely eliminates the Jewish People from the Church because the majority of them are not spiritual, but only the natural children of Abraham.

But the truth is, all of the Church are both natural and spiritual. The Jewish People can be the natural children of Abraham today, and not be spiritual, but then become spiritual later.

Can you imagine my arguing that there is an English/Church dichotomy or a Germany/Church dichotomy? It doesn't make sense. The German nation may not be Christian today, but it may repent and return to being a Christian nation tomorrow. The English people may have forfeited their status as Christians today, as a people, but tomorrow they may, as a people, restore their identity as a Christian people.

So also can the Jews have denied their place as God's people today, and yet tomorrow, reestablish themselves as God's people. This isn't to say that every last one of the Jews must become a Christian for them to be a Christian people. To be a Christian people, only the majority of them need make that claim. That is also true for the Jewish people, in my view.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Simple. Check the Abrahamic Covenant. It will be the twelve tribes of Israel in the land of redeemed and restored "greater" Israel (after the Second Coming of Christ).

Reactions: marks

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple. Check the Abrahamic Covenant. It will be the twelve tribes of Israel in the land of redeemed and restored "greater" Israel (after the Second Coming of Christ).
Not so fast and not so simple Enoch. Show me your scripture support please. And there was not just one Covenant...

Reactions: marks

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the NT...

(Rom 2:28-29) You are not a Jew if it’s only superficial—for it’s more than the surgical cut of a knife that makes you Jewish. But you are Jewish because of the inward act of spiritual circumcision—a radical change that lays bare your heart. It’s not by the principle of law, but by power of the Holy Spirit. For then your praise will not come from people, but from God himself! (TPT)

(Gal 5:6) When you’re placed into the Anointed One and joined to him, circumcision and religious obligations can benefit you nothing. All that matters now is living in the faith that is activated and brought to perfection by love.(TPT)

(Gal 6:15) Circumcision doesn’t mean a thing to me. The only thing that really matters is living by the transforming power of this wonderful new creation life.(TPT)

(Col 3:11) In this new creation life, your nationality makes no difference, or your ethnicity, education, or economic status—they matter nothing. For it is Christ that means everything as he lives in every one of us!(TPT)

(Eph 3:6) Here’s the secret: The gospel of grace has made you, non-Jewish believers, into coheirs of his promise through your union with him. And you have now become members of his body—one with the Anointed One!(TPT)

(Eph 1:4) And he chose us to be his very own, joining us to himself even before he laid the foundation of the universe! Because of his great love, he ordained us, so that we would be seen as holy in his eyes with an unstained innocence.(TPT)

(Rom 16:13) And Rufus, for he is especially chosen by the Lord. And I greet his mother, who was like a mother to me.(TPT)

Rufus was a Roman citizen, chosen as Paul, the same in spirit.

(2Th 2:13) We always have to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, for you are dearly loved by the Lord. He proved it by choosing you from the beginning for salvation through the Spirit, who set you apart for holiness, and through your belief in the truth.(TPT)

Therefore, under the New Covenant, there is no difference inwardly or spiritually, not of genealogy, from a Judahite (contracted form - Jew) of the tribe or nation of Judah, or of a Greek or of a person of any other nation. What counts is the promise given to Abraham, being in the same new inward life as a new creation by the gospel of the same Body, and because the spirit of Christ lives in all.

So all the chosen people of and by God, our Father, since the beginning of human life, are only those that place their faith in his Son, Christ Yahshua and are saved. Paul, of the remnant and tribe of Benjamin of the ethnic national Israel and those of other nations were both chosen as the same people and exactly in the same standing with God.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Rom 4:16) The promise depends on faith so that it can be experienced as a grace-gift, and now it extends to all the descendants of Abraham. This promise is not only meant for those who obey the law, but also to those who enter into the faith of Abraham, the father of us all.(TPT)

(Rom 4:17) That’s what the Scripture means when it says: “I have made you the father of many nations.” He is our example and father, for in God’s presence he believed that God can raise the dead and call into being things that don’t even exist yet.(TPT)

(Rom 4:18) Against all odds, when it looked hopeless, Abraham believed the promise and expected God to fulfill it. He took God at his word, and as a result he became the father of many nations. God’s declaration over him came to pass: “Your descendants will be so many that they will be impossible to count!” (TPT)

All in faith in Christ, not just the nationals of Israel following the Law, also the foreign nationals are the same exact seed of the promise given to Abraham. This is what is meant by making Abraham the father of many nations.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not so fast and not so simple Enoch. Show me your scripture support please. And there was not just one Covenant...
There was only ONE Abrahamic Covenant, reiterated several times to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. And each time the Promised Land was mentioned for the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (the twelve tribes of Israel). So let's go to the beginning:

GENESIS 15: ABRAHAM'S DESCENDANTS
In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.

GENESIS 26: ISAAC'S DESECENDANTS
And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar. And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of: Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father; And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

GENESIS 28: JACOB' S DESCENDANTS
And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan. Arise, go to Padanaram, to the house of Bethuel thy mother's father; and take thee a wife from thence of the daughters of Laban thy mother's brother. And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people; And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham... And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;

GENESIS 35: JACOB'S DESCENDANTS
And God appeared unto Jacob again, when he came out of Padanaram, and blessed him. And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel. And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins; And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land. And God went up from him in the place where he talked with him.

Now after giving you all these Scriptures, if you try to veer off from God's promises to the patriarchs Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, then you are simply asking for trouble. This matter is not debatable.

iu

Reactions: APAK

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@APAK
@Randy Kluth

Jesus Himself, took upon Himself the seed of Abraham, giving Jesus the right to be a heir to Abraham’s promised Land, giving rise to the Land of Jesus’ earthly Kingdom.

Heb 2:
[16] For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Gal 3:
[29] And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Glory to God,
Taken

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was only ONE Abrahamic Covenant, reiterated several times to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. And each time the Promised Land was mentioned for the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (the twelve tribes of Israel). So let's go to the beginning:

GENESIS 15: ABRAHAM'S DESCENDANTS
In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.

GENESIS 26: ISAAC'S DESECENDANTS
And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar. And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of: Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father; And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

GENESIS 28: JACOB' S DESCENDANTS
And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan. Arise, go to Padanaram, to the house of Bethuel thy mother's father; and take thee a wife from thence of the daughters of Laban thy mother's brother. And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people; And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham... And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;

GENESIS 35: JACOB'S DESCENDANTS
And God appeared unto Jacob again, when he came out of Padanaram, and blessed him. And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel. And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins; And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land. And God went up from him in the place where he talked with him.

Now after giving you all these Scriptures, if you try to veer off from God's promises to the patriarchs Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, then you are simply asking for trouble. This matter is not debatable.

iu

Nice try Enoch. I will given you a 'B' for effort. Great picture without any substance though. You have some scripture although no understanding of it is given and with no logic or context that I cannot understand....sorry

There were Covenants for land and for the people. It seems you are only interested in the land deals?...you cannot just ignore the Covenants to the people.

There were two types of Covenants given Enoch. 1. to the seed of Abraham only, and 2., to Abraham and his seed.

You are right the subject is not debatable and these land promises of the first type, to National Israel were fulfilled in the OT....you do know this right?

And I bet you can now quote the corresponding scripture that shows this to be true?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to the OT....

(Gen 12:1) Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee( KJV)

(Gen 12:2) And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing(KJV)

(Gen 12:3) And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.(KJV)

These words spoken in the Old Covenant only apply to the Old Covenant. The blessings and curses only apply to that Old Covenant not somehow bled into the New Covenant and the seed in Christ, and into the distant future.

Reactions: pittsburghjoe

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Great picture without any substance though.
What nonsense. Do you understand the meaning of from the river of Egypt (which is the Nile) to the Euphrates (in modern Iraq)? So now you are mocking the substance of what was posted. Did you even carefully read what was posted and then digest it thoroughly?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are right the subject is not debatable and these land promises of the first type, to National Israel were fulfilled in the OT....you do know this right?
How could they be "fulfilled" when the nation of Israel (a) never possessed the land from the Nile to the Euphrates all at once, and (b) they were dispersed in 70 AD (and were out for almost 2,000 years), and now the nation-state of Israel occupies perhaps 1/10th of the Promised Land? Keep in mind that they are to possess this land for eternity.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Introduction:

Eschatology does not begin in the Book of Revelation, nor in Daniel or Ezekiel or even with the very words of Christ Yahshua. It begins in the beginning, with the start of the word and the grand plan of God, when the foundations of the earth were set, and the first man began and lived in the garden temple of God on this earth, called Eden or even Paradise.

When Adam was created from the natural elements of the earth and his mate from him, together they would form a family in God’s presence, in his holy Temple. They were to then preserve, maintain and guard the garden Temple from evil that could cause God to abandon them and his presence on the earth. They were to populate Eden and expand its area, to the entire planet and therefore expand the presence of God to all of the then both natural and spiritual earth. To bring all mankind into God and his presence forever. It was the age of innocence.

This first phase of the plan ended at the onset of the age of accountability when man predictively fell away from the presence of God by self-inflicted sin, and he clearly did. Adam and Eve were forced to leave the Temple as Adam of man, the first projected high priest for God, became degraded into a natural state of man, an unspiritual man led into the wilderness of the earth away from the presence of God.

God then decided to restart his purpose with another natural man born around the place of ancient Babel. There was a man named Abram of Ur, Mesopotamia, a part of modern day Iraq today. God Almighty called him out of there and he led him to a promised land away from his home and the land of the Chaldeans. They were known to be priests of other gods and foreign spirits.

God chose Abram to become his new high priest and the father of all future spiritually-transformed people, sealed and gathered from all nations. And thus God renamed him Abraham.

Abraham of faith would then cause the recompense and reinstatement, the renewed presence and Temple of God over time, by salvaging and restoring the remnant of mankind from all nations to himself.

And this man now called Abraham never had a child and especially a son to continue in the path of God’s purpose for mankind, until his God intervened and triggered the next phase of the plan. Abraham and Sarah, of an age well beyond birthing a child, conceived and birthed a son called Isaac, conceived entirely by the power of the Spirit of God.

(1Co 15:36) Foolish man! Don’t you know that what you sow in the ground does not germinate unless it dies?

(1Co 15:37) And what you sow is not the body that will come into being, but the bare seed. And it’s hard to tell whether it’s wheat or some other seed.

(1Co 15:38) But when it dies, God gives it a new form, a body to fulfill his purpose, and he sees to it that each seed gets a new body of its own and becomes the plant he designed it to be.(TPT)

The natural or physical comes before the spiritual. This is the process that God created for us. He made us this way. As a seed that sheds its bland container for life and then at the right time sprouts into spiritual glorious splendor, and later into it final state of glory and immortality.

(1Co 15:43) The body is “sown” in decay, but will be raised in immortality. It is “sown” in humiliation, but will be raised in glorification.

(1Co 15:44) It is “sown” in weakness but will be raised in power. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body.(TPT)

When God promised land and a people to Abraham, and to his descendants independently, he first introduced the natural and physical things in these promises, knowing well they would all represent the final state of theses promises as spiritual people for a spiritual land.

Abraham knew this already and believed in his God by faith. He looked beyond this natural and physical state of promises, for a better country, a spiritual land for a spiritual chosen people of God.

(Heb 11:10) His eyes of faith were set on the city with unshakable foundations, whose architect and builder is God himself.(TPT)

Abraham looked by faith for and to the Kingdom of God as his better country. He sought a heavenly city of God. He did not look for an earthly piece of land or a physical city as Jerusalem as the final state and purpose of God, only a new Jerusalem a new Kingdom of God.

(Heb 11:16) But they couldn’t turn back for their hearts were fixed on what was far greater, that is, the heavenly realm! So because of this God is not ashamed in any way to be called their God, for he has prepared a heavenly city for them.(TPT)

This is the basis and beginning of Eschatology, for mankind’s final resting place, fully and immersed in the Kingdom of God.

As we proceed forward it must be understood that the New Covenant explains the Old Covenant and not visa versa.

Blessings to all

----------------
And the city New Jerusalem comes down from heaven, to earth, where Jesus rules and reigns forever, on the throne of David, and we shall rule and reign with Him, on the earth.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Promises made to the SEED of Abraham ONLY..NATIONAL Israel

Gen 12:6-7 ..this was an unconditional promise and with no commitment to Abraham. With no set time frame.
Gen 15:18-21..this was an unconditional promise with no set time frame
Gen 24:7....this promise was made to Abraham's seed only, unconditional and with no set time frame.

And Joshua 1:2-4, 21:43-45; Neh 9:7-8, Deut 9:4-6 confirms they took possession of the land and for the provided reasons.
Deut 8:18-20 say their possession of the land was CONDITIONAL. And they blew it. They did not meet the set conditions. They lost the land.
National Israel of the 12 tribes did indeed perish from this entire land and were enslaved. They never lived up to their end of the deal.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And the city New Jerusalem comes down from heaven, to earth, where Jesus rules and reigns forever, on the throne of David, and we shall rule and reign with Him, on the earth.
Since New Jerusalem is a HEAVENLY CITY it will replace the sun as a source of light for the New Earth. So this has absolutely nothing to do with the land promised to Abraham and his descendants.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It will be all the redeemed, Greek and Jew, who dwell forever on the new earth, in the city New Jerusalem, where Jesus will rule and reign forever.

There’s not one destiny for the Jews on earth, and another one for church in heaven.

I have plenty of scriptural proof, if needed.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could they be "fulfilled" when the nation of Israel (a) never possessed the land from the Nile to the Euphrates all at once, and (b) they were dispersed in 70 AD (and were out for almost 2,000 years), and now the nation-state of Israel occupies perhaps 1/10th of the Promised Land? Keep in mind that they are to possess this land for eternity.
You really need to calm down and provide scripture Enoch for your statements. This is meant to be a civil and calm exchange of ideas. You are reaching for straws here. Stay in focus of the discussion and with the appropriate scripture being discussed or challenged.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Promises made to the SEED of Abraham ONLY..NATIONAL Israel

Gen 12:6-7 ..this was an unconditional promise and with no commitment to Abraham. With no set time frame.
Gen 15:18-21..this was an unconditional promise with no set time frame
Gen 24:7....this promise was made to Abraham's seed only, unconditional and with no set time frame.

And Joshua 1:2-4, 21:43-45; Neh 9:7-8, Deut 9:4-6 confirms they took possession of the land and for the provided reasons.
Deut 8:18-20 say their possession of the land was CONDITIONAL. And they blew it. They did not meet the set conditions. They lost the land.
National Israel of the 12 tribes did indeed perish from this entire land and were enslaved. They never lived up to their end of the deal.
God has dispersed Israel from their land as punishment and brought them back several times.

Israel’s future and final destiny is in the promised land, with God and Jesus, forever.

And believers in Christ are also the seed of Abraham and heirs to the promise.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to the 2nd type of Covenant(s) related to Abraham and HIS seed, God's ELECT.....NOT specifically to National natural Israel...

(Gal 3:16) Remember the royal proclamation God spoke over Abraham and to Abraham’s child? God said that his promises were made to pass on to Abraham’s “Child,” not children. And who is this “Child?” It’s the Son of promise, Jesus, the anointed Messiah!(TPT)

Christ, the true Son of the Promise, is the seed and those in faith in him are the seeds of the promise given to Abraham, not the natural descendants or the national Israel of the old Covenant. Folks seem to miss this part a lot and do not separate the two types of Covenants.

The seeds of the promise is what really counts for everlasting possession of any 'land.' Not National Israel, only spiritual Israel. Although some of National Israel can be part or counted as part of the spiritual Israel, and then only a remnant as Paul was one.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to the NT...

(Rom 12:5) And so it is in the body of Christ. For though we are many, we’ve all been mingled into one body in Christ. This means that we are all vitally joined to one another, with each contributing to the others.(TPT)

(Eph 1:10) And because of God’s unfailing purpose, this detailed plan will reign supreme through every period of time until the fulfillment of all the ages finally reaches its climax—when God makes all things new in all of heaven and earth through Jesus Christ.(TPT)

(Gal 3:26) You have all become true children of God by the faith of Jesus the Anointed One!(TPT)

(Gal 3:28) And we no longer see each other in our former state—Jew or non-Jew, rich or poor, male or female—because we’re all one through our union with Jesus Christ with no distinction between us.

(Gal 3:29) And since you’ve been united to Jesus the Messiah, you are now Abraham’s “child” and inherit all the promises of the kingdom realm!(TPT)

All are one, as one Body in Christ.

The Body of Christ inherits all the promises of the Kingdom realm promised to Abraham. Abraham was looking for a better country - the Kingdom of God.

The New Testament explains the Old Testament…not vis versa. If one does the reverse you might end up becoming a premillennialist out of ignorance!

The Futurist Dispensationalists use the OT to explain the NT. They make the OT greater than the NT.

The Book of Hebrews was written to prove the supremacy of the NT over the OT.

The word ‘Covenant’ is used 20 times in the NT. And it’s used 14 times in the Book of Hebrews.

Paul explained the Promise given to Abraham, of those in Christ.