Who can believe this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read Isaiah 42:1-20? It seems you have just made a supposition based on your wrong beliefs. 'Verse 1 plainly refers to Jesus, the rest is about the followers of Jesus. Verse 12 talks to the Christian peoples scattered and living in the coastlands and islands. We are 2 examples
Yes, verses 6 &7 is a prophecy about the servant, Jesus, whose mission was to come to Israel, a blind nation and bring salvation to them first and then to the world.

RC Sproul ministries:
"Theologically speaking, on Isaiah 42, the prophet Isaiah has one central message: The children of Israel have failed in their vocation to be God's holy servant. Therefore, if the Lord's people are going to serve Him in holiness, they must be cleansed and trust in Him alone."

And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them. Vs. 16

Hear, you deaf;
look, you blind, and see!
19 Who is blind but my servant,
and deaf like the messenger I send?
Who is blind like the one in covenant with me,
blind like the servant of the Lord?
vs. 18-19
He is talking about Israel here.

His mission began in Israel.
I do reject any notions of a 'rapture to heaven' and I believe that we Christians will go to live in all of the holy Land.
What do you think about 1 Thes. 4:16-17

Since there are some 2.6 billion Christians, don't you think the Holy Land will he a bit crowded.
Your theology is off on this. When Jesus reigns as King in Jerusalem, Christians from all nations will visit the king.
>> "Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, they will have no rain."
Zech. 14:16-17

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes, verses 6 &7 is a prophecy about the servant, Jesus, whose mission was to come to Israel, a blind nation and bring salvation to them first and then to the world.

RC Sproul ministries:
"Theologically speaking, on Isaiah 42, the prophet Isaiah has one central message: The children of Israel have failed in their vocation to be God's holy servant. Therefore, if the Lord's people are going to serve Him in holiness, they must be cleansed and trust in Him alone."

And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them. Vs. 16

Hear, you deaf;
look, you blind, and see!
19 Who is blind but my servant,
and deaf like the messenger I send?
Who is blind like the one in covenant with me,
blind like the servant of the Lord?
vs. 18-19
He is talking about Israel here.

His mission began in Israel.

What do you think about 1 Thes. 4:16-17

Since there are some 2.6 billion Christians, don't you think the Holy Land will he a bit crowded.
Your theology is off on this. When Jesus reigns as King in Jerusalem, Christians from all nations will visit the king.
>> "Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, they will have no rain."
Zech. 14:16-17
I regard Dr Sproul as a wolf in sheeps clothing. He promotes preterism and spiritualizes the Prophetic Word.
We Christian are now the Israelites of God; His Overcomers.
Thinking that Prophesies like Isaiah 42 has no application to us today, is gross error and simply leaves you in the dark.

1 Thess 4:16-17 tell what will happen when Jesus Returns. Those who remain alive, will be gathered to Him, thru the atmosphere to Jerusalem. Exactly what Matthew 24:30-31 says.
If you think there really are 2.6 billion Christians, shows how gullible you are. Anyway, the Holy Land is a huge area; from the Nile to the Euphrates.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I regard Dr Sproul as a wolf in sheeps clothing. He promotes preterism and spiritualizes the Prophetic Word.
We Christian are now the Israelites of God; His Overcomers.
Thinking that Prophesies like Isaiah 42 has no application to us today, is gross error and simply leaves you in the dark.

1 Thess 4:16-17 tell what will happen when Jesus Returns. Those who remain alive, will be gathered to Him, thru the atmosphere to Jerusalem. Exactly what Matthew 24:30-31 says.
If you think there really are 2.6 billion Christians, shows how gullible you are. Anyway, the Holy Land is a huge area; from the Nile to the Euphrates.
Sproul is a good teacher of theology. I do not agree with his preterist view, but that does not void the rest of his teaching. At least he doesn't push Replacement Theology.
So we will be raptured to Jerusalem?
Gullible? You are very judgmental, condemning billions of professed believers? Are you the Grim Reaper? Can you look inside all their souls? No you can't. Very cold ... enough for me. Bye.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
we will be raptured to Jerusalem?
Yes, To where Jesus is, will be, when He returns. Zechariah 14:4
A transportation from wherever we are on earth, to Jerusalem, where Jesus will be. Isaiah 2:2-4

I do not condemn anyone, my task is to present the Biblical truth. That many have chosen to believe fables and the idea that we can avoid Judgment, shows them to be easily fooled and gullible.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to add, R.C Sproul was a Calvinists. And has now found the absolute fact of what the rest of us call faith.

RIP

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to add, R.C Sproul was a Calvinists. And has now found the absolute fact of what the rest of us call faith.

RIP
I know, I don't hold it against him. I just never heard him preaching about the end times, which would be a preterist view.
MacArthur just recently admitted to being a Calvinist in front of Sproul- after keeping it silent for umteen years. But of course, John is a Pre-Millennailist. And so two great teachers whom I value, can disagree about certain things. My Pastor was brilliant, learned a lot but he steered away from end time prophecy. He said there are too many views and didn't want to cause confusion of division. His purpose was to teach the Gospel, win, equip and send. He would simply, "It will all pan out out in the end". That way you just love your life, have faith and not worry about tomorrow.
I have unfortunately been consumed with end time prophecy for thirty years, drawn to it, thinking it was just a few years away. Now ... I still do, woe is me.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

RIP
I know, I don't hold it against him. I just never heard him preaching about the end times, which would be a preterist view.
MacArthur just recently admitted to being a Calvinist in front of Sproul- afterI keeping it silent for umteen years. But of course, John is a Pre-Millennailist. And so two great teachers whom I value, can disagree about certain things. My Pastor was brilliant and I learned a lot; but he steered away from end time prophecy. He said there are too many views and didn't want to cause confusion or division. His purpose was to teach the Gospel, win, equip and send. He would say simply, "It will all pan out in the end". That way you just live your life, have faith and not worry about tomorrow.
I have unfortunately been consumed with end time prophecy for thirty years, drawn to it, thinking it was just a few years away. Now ... I still do, wo
Yes, To where Jesus is, will be, when He returns. Zechariah 14:4
A transportation from wherever we are on earth, to Jerusalem, where Jesus will be. Isaiah 2:2-4

I do not condemn anyone, my task is to present the Biblical truth. That many have chosen to believe fables and the idea that we can avoid Judgment, shows them to be easily fooled and gullible.
Okay, so you do believe in a rapture, just not to heaven for a feast like some believe, but to be priests on earth. Did you take that further? Priests to whom? After the rapture there will be many left behind, on the fence who will survive and repopulate the world. A remnant Jewish population, may be in this group, after seeing Jesus and realizing He is their Messiah, are ashamed, mourn, but now believe. There could be 5 million and this is the group that will remain in Israel - not all Christians - billions. If you think this is naive, that God planned to only save a few million out of 8 billion, you are deceived.

>>>>1/3<<<<

Last edited:
Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MacArthur just recently admitted to being a Calvinist in front of Sproul- after keeping it silent for umteen years. But of course, John is a Pre-Millennailist. And so two great teachers whom I value, can disagree about certain things. My Pastor was brilliant, learned a lot but he steered away from end time prophecy. He said there are too many views and didn't want to cause confusion of division. His purpose was to teach the Gospel, win, equip and send. He would simply, "It will all pan out out in the end". That way you just love your life, have faith and not worry about tomorrow.
I have unfortunately been consumed with end time prophecy for thirty years, drawn to it, thinking it was just a few years away. Now ... I still do, woe is me.
I thought it was well known that MacArthur was a Calvinist.

Bible subjects can draw us in. I know what you mean.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Proverbs 1:20-27 Wisdom cries aloud in the open places, in the streets, she says: How long will you fools be content with your simplicity? If only you would respond to my reproof, I would fill you with My spirit and make My precepts known to you. But because you refuse My call, reject My advice and will have none of My admonition, then, I in turn will laugh at your doom and deride you, when terror comes like a hurricane and your doom approaches like a whirlwind and anguish and distress come upon you.

Proverbs 10:24-30 What the wicked dread will overtake them, what the righteous desire will be granted. When the whirlwind sweeps past, the wicked will be gone, but the righteous will be established forever. The fear of the Lord gives a person length of days, but the years of the godless are cut short. The Lord is a refuge for the blameless, but He brings destruction onto the evildoers.
The righteous will never be shaken, the wicked will not remain in the Land.

Proverbs 12:12-13 The strongholds of the wicked crumble like clay, they are caught by their own offensive talk and actions. The righteous come safely through the troubles ahead.

Proverbs 16:2-6 A person’s ways may seem right to him, but the Lord weighs up his motives. Commit to the Lord all that you do and your plans will be successful. The Lord works out everything for His own ends, so He has made the wicked for a Day of disaster. One and all, the proud are an abomination to the Lord, be sure of this: they will not go unpunished.
Through love and faithfulness, sin is atoned for, through the fear of the Lord: a person avoids evil.

Proverbs 8:4-21 It is to you that I call, to all mankind I appeal. You who are uninstructed: gain knowledge, you who are complacent and imprudent – gain understanding.
Listen, for I shall speak clearly, I say nothing but the truth, all that I say is right. It is straightforward to those with understanding, it is plain to those with knowledge. Choose My instruction rather that silver, My knowledge is better than pure gold. To fear the Lord is to hate evil, to hate pride, arrogance, cruelty, subversive talk and sinful actions. I am Wisdom, from Me comes sound advice and knowledge I love those who love Me and those who search for Me will find Me. In My hands are wealth and prosperity, I shall fill the treasuries of those who love Me.

Proverbs 8:22-31 The Lord appointed Me from the beginning, long ago before all else was made. When He set the heavens in place, gave the seas their boundaries and fixed the earth’s foundations, then I was by His side rejoicing in His presence. I got pleasure over the whole world and My delight was in mankind.
Ref: REB, NIV. Some verses abridged.

It seems obvious that the Wisdom described in Proverbs, is Jesus Christ. Colossians 1:15 Christ is the image of the invisible God, for by Him everything was created.

His instructions are as given to us by His prophets and personally in the New Testament. We are told in many passages to ‘fear the Lord’, that is: hate evil, pride, arrogance, cruelty, subversive talk and sinful actions. Not really impossible for us, is it?