Who has read Malachi lately?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who has read Malachi lately? :)

I do love this verse:

"Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name."
Malachi 3:1-4 describes my life from 2000-2020.
I was different in school. Most were square pegs and fit well into square holes.
I was a round peg, though they tried to make me fit in a square hole. I was traumatized.
I believed a lie that there was something wrong with me.
I've seen and am seeing this in my close family members over and over again.
One is being tested for possible genetic mutations.
It's taken me 60 years to understand that it's because I'm a physical descendant of Levi, son of Israel.
God told me clearly that I was a Levite 23-24 years ago. It was only a year ago that I was able to accept it.
I've always been different.
I'm a very sensitive person and I get my feelings hurt easily and deeply. Compared to others.
Before '96, there was no hint of anyone Jewish or Israeli in my family.
I'm easily excited and when the Lord touches me I soar.
I'm not a bad person, I'm just different. God made me this way.
Even when I'm around people, I end up lonely because I'm different.
I don't read the bible the way most people do, at least not anymore.
He leads me to what He wants to say to me.
I'm a levite/prophet-apostle/worship facilitator/priest who loves Elohim and desires to express this by loving and helping anyone I can.
I am what I am, a child of the great I am, by the blood of the Lamb, the Lamb who was slain.
I'm precious in His sight, the apple of His eye, I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Shalom.

Last edited:
Reactions: jessiblue and Ziggy

jessiblue

Aug 21, 2021
a Heavenly place
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Malachi 3:16-17
New King James Version

A Book of Remembrance
16 Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another,
And the Lord listened and heard them;
So a book of remembrance was written before Him
For those who fear the Lord
And who meditate on His name.

17 “They shall be Mine,” says the Lord of hosts,
“On the day that I make them My jewels.
And I will spare them
As a man spares his own son who serves him.”

It’s comforting to be reassured in such an endearing way by our Father. Just the thought of a book of remembrance touches our hearts, doesn’t it? He is letting us know that He hears the words and prayers of His kids—those who fear (revere) and love Him.

And in verse 17, “on that day” lets us know this is a prophetic promise in reference to His second coming. -jb

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
upload_2021-8-23_17-15-3.png
It was Thursday morning, March 16, 2000. I was in the fourth day of a five day retreat called, "Five Days Of Healing." I was "in the fire." I had just put on the song, "Fire, There's A Fire."
As I lifted my gaze and hands up to worship the Lord, a window of heaven opened a few feet in front of my face. Through it I saw into another realm. About 50 yards from me was the base of a snow-covered, rocky mountain.
Coming down the last five or so yards of it was a horse which was going sideways to slow it's descent. On the horse, wrapped in a heavy fur garment, was Yeshua. There was a blue glow radiating off of Him, for less than a foot. It was the glow of His majesty.
As He reached the level ground, He started the horse trotting towards me. Then the window closed and I became aware of the heavy presence of God.
Above my room, I could hear the Lord laughing at His enemies. What a laugh!
The weight of His presence slowly bent me over backwards, and taking about 15 seconds, softly laid me on the floor. As I looked up and across the room, I saw a tongue of fire zoom into view. It zig-zagged around a bit, and then flew into my chest.
An eruption came out of my mouth; I finally had the gift of tongues. My body started shaking quite powerfully. I felt my spirit grow larger than my body. I heard the Lord speak proclamation and prophetic utterance into me. The event then calmed down and ended.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Malachi 3:16-17
New King James Version

A Book of Remembrance
16 Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another,
And the Lord listened and heard them;
So a book of remembrance was written before Him
For those who fear the Lord
And who meditate on His name.

17 “They shall be Mine,” says the Lord of hosts,
“On the day that I make them My jewels.
And I will spare them
As a man spares his own son who serves him.”

It’s comforting to be reassured in such an endearing way by our Father. Just the thought of a book of remembrance touches our hearts, doesn’t it? He is letting us know that He hears the words and prayers of His kids—those who fear (revere) and love Him.

And in verse 17, “on that day” lets us know this is a prophetic promise in reference to His second coming. -jb
@jessiblue Great verses! and I think maybe the pilgrim character of the early believers in Acts 2.42 may have its spiritual roots with the character of the Godly remnant of the Old Testament, such as Malachi 3.16 expresses...

Reactions: jessiblue

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 16771
It was Thursday morning, March 16, 2000. I was in the fourth day of a five day retreat called, "Five Days Of Healing." I was "in the fire." I had just put on the song, "Fire, There's A Fire."
As I lifted my gaze and hands up to worship the Lord, a window of heaven opened a few feet in front of my face. Through it I saw into another realm. About 50 yards from me was the base of a snow-covered, rocky mountain.
Coming down the last five or so yards of it was a horse which was going sideways to slow it's descent. On the horse, wrapped in a heavy fur garment, was Yeshua. There was a blue glow radiating off of Him, for less than a foot. It was the glow of His majesty.
As He reached the level ground, He started the horse trotting towards me. Then the window closed and I became aware of the heavy presence of God.
Above my room, I could hear the Lord laughing at His enemies. What a laugh!
The weight of His presence slowly bent me over backwards, and taking about 15 seconds, softly laid me on the floor. As I looked up and across the room, I saw a tongue of fire zoom into view. It zig-zagged around a bit, and then flew into my chest.
An eruption came out of my mouth; I finally had the gift of tongues. My body started shaking quite powerfully. I felt my spirit grow larger than my body. I heard the Lord speak proclamation and prophetic utterance into me. The event then calmed down and ended.
That’s awesome

Reactions: amadeus and Truman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Such a searching little prophecy, Malachi! and we have strong signs of the pilgrim remnant: 'then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another...' (3.16).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Truman the Levite The term 'pilgrim remnant' refers to the character of God's faithful people, even as many who profess to know God have departed from His ways. It's interesting that the character of those in Acts in the early church who 'continued steadfastly' (2.42) is similar to that of the faithful remnant in the Old Testament.

Reactions: Truman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think this needs to be deleted.
@Heart2Soul Yes, this does look superfluous; thanks; and I have just looked through all my 'umm' comments since the beginning of 2017 in the search function and couldn't find the offending post.

If you could possibly tell me where it is, or delete it yourself, I'd be glad, please....

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who has read Malachi lately? :)

I do love this verse:

"Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name."

Yes, I picked up on that one too. It is something I encouraged my disciples to do instead of always speaking about the world events. We need to talk about what the Lord is doing instead of always talking about this or that in the world.

Reactions: marks and farouk