Who has read Malachi lately?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...but it was of Israel, not the church (which began at Pentecost).
But then again, our God has never changed:

"For I am the LORD, I change not; ..." Mal 3:6

The way people deal with God (or not) may differ from person to person and from time to time, but does not God love us all? Our God is no respecter of persons. For the final judgment of a person brought up as physical follower of Moses, the man of God, or in a modern massive city like New York, will God not give both the same fair consideration and opportunity according to what the person has available to him?

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Dave L Maybe you could start your own thread about whatever it is you are seeking to advance, please?

Malachi is a refreshing book.
And also the last written warning in Protestant Bibles today before Jesus arrived on the scene as a man of flesh! Do any of the warnings to the natural children of Israel (the offspring of Jacob) apply to believers in Christ today?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such a timely and relevant book about the faithfulness of the pilgrim remnant, even though its subject is not the church at all, being prior to Pentecost.
Consider this verse:

"Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the LORD is contemptible." Mal 1:7

Is the Apostle Paul not writing about the very same table?

"But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.
Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils." I Cor 10:20-21

Why would the "polluted bread" of Malachi be different than the "cup of devils" of Paul?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Jacob Marley FYI, thread...
I know that at times we have disagreed, but have I offended you in some way? You bypassed or ignored 4 of my posts with questions to you in order to tag another member? What is with that? If you don't want discussion, then why bother to post on an open forum...?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Consider this verse:

"Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the LORD is contemptible." Mal 1:7

"But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.
Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils." I Cor 10:20-21

Why would the "polluted bread" of Malachi be different than the "cup of devils" of Paul?
So did you have anything particular in mind in relation to the cup of devils?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So did you have anything particular in mind in relation to the cup of devils?
You had posted this previously. I posted what I did in disagreement. Do you not see the connection?

Such a timely and relevant book about the faithfulness of the pilgrim remnant, even though its subject is not the church at all, being prior to Pentecost.

Amadeus said: Consider this verse:

What is this church, which you say is not the subject? Please clarify...
God has not changed. Do you not see a connection now?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You had posted this previously. I posted what I did in disagreement. Do you not see the connection?

What is this church, which you say is not the subject? Please clarify...
God has not changed. Do you not see a connection now?
It started at Pentecost in Acts 2; but there are good applications from the Old Testament, though not the primary interpretation.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It started at Pentecost in Acts 2; but there are good applications from the Old Testament, though not the primary interpretation.
And any answers to my questions?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Malachi 4 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁵ Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
⁶ And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
Restoration of family bonds!
@Heart2Soul I really love Malachi as a little prophecy....

Short but absorbing and applicable....

Reactions: Heart2Soul