Who have Authority over God’s Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

OneIsTheWord

Sep 10, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings

The Book of Acts begins in Jerusalem with the disciples huddled in a room on the Day of Pentecost.
Then the Holy Spirit came upon them and authorized them to be His witnesses.
The rest of Acts describes the ripple effect of that great event. Jesus’ followers first witnessed the world.

And they called them and charged them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it is right in the sight of God to hearken unto you rather than unto God, judge ye: for we cannot but speak the things which we saw and heard.
Acts 4:18-20 (ASV)

When human authority rejects God’s authority, it becomes twisted and loses its right to demand compliance (Acts 4: 5:29).
From the beginning, God’s people resisted any command that was against God’s will.

But the eleven disciples went into Galilee, unto the mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
And when they saw him, they worshipped him; but some doubted.
And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth.
Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.
Matt 28:16-20 (ASV)

Wherefore also God highly exalted him, and gave unto him the name which is above every name; that in the name of Jesus, every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things on earth and things under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Phil 2:9-11 (ASV)

God also bearing witness with them, both by signs and wonders, and by manifold powers, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to his own will.
God's new order and His gifts to man

For not unto angels did he subject the world to come, whereof we speak.
But one hath somewhere testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? Or the son of man, that thou visitest him?
Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; Thou crownedst him with glory and honor, And didst set him over the works of thy hands:
Thou didst put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that, he subjected all things unto him, he left nothing that is not subject to him. But now we see not yet all things subjected to him.
But we behold him who hath been made a little lower than the angels, even Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God, he should taste of death for every man.
Heb 2:4-9 (ASV)

And the angel of the Lord protested unto Joshua, saying,
Thus saith Jehovah of hosts: If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou also shalt judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee a place of access among these that stand by.
Zech 3:6-7 (ASV)

Joshua was decommissioned as the nation’s high priest. For his faithfulness, he was promised the privilege of exercising authority over God’s temple-My house-and its

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings

The Book of Acts begins in Jerusalem with the disciples huddled in a room on the Day of Pentecost.
The rest of Acts describes the ripple effect of that great event. Jesus’ followers first witnessed the world.

And they called them and charged them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it is right in the sight of God to hearken unto you rather than unto God, judge ye: for we cannot but speak the things which we saw and heard.

When human authority rejects God’s authority, it becomes twisted and loses its right to demand compliance (Acts 4: 5:29).
From the beginning, God’s people resisted any command that was against God’s will.

But the eleven disciples went into Galilee, unto the mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth.
Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

Wherefore also God highly exalted him, and gave unto him the name which is above every name; that in the name of Jesus, every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things on earth and things under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

God also bearing witness with them, both by signs and wonders, and by manifold powers, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to his own will.

But one hath somewhere testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? Or the son of man, that thou visitest him?
Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; Thou crownedst him with glory and honor, And didst set him over the works of thy hands:
Thou didst put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that, he subjected all things unto him, he left nothing that is not subject to him. But now we see not yet all things subjected to him.
But we behold him who hath been made a little lower than the angels, even Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God, he should taste of death for every man.

Thus saith Jehovah of hosts: If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou also shalt judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee a place of access among these that stand by.

Joshua was decommissioned as the nation’s high priest. For his faithfulness, he was promised the privilege of exercising authority over God’s temple-My house-and its
Paul teaches the kingdom of God is a kingdom of power (1 Cor 4:20). Who has God given the power to?

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

OneIsTheWord

Sep 10, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul teaches the kingdom of God is a kingdom of power (1 Cor 4:20). Who has God given the power to?
greetings
yes, the Kingdom is absolute, men as well as women much acknowledge that Jesus is Christ!

Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:
Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
1 Cor 10:32-33 (KJV)

Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.
Psalms 63:4 (NKJV)
giphy (71).gif
(for Solomon had made a bronze platform five cubits long, five cubits wide, and three cubits high, and had set it in the midst of the court; and he stood on it, knelt down on his knees before all the assembly of Israel, and spread out his hands toward heaven);
2 Chron 6:13 (NKJV)

I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting; in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing,
1 Tim 2:8-9 (NKJV)

Last edited:
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings

ALL Authority has been given to the Eternal High Priest = LORD Jesus Christ

This has never changed and will never change.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#1 God's Kingdom is Christ = Colossians 1:9-14

For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.
He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.

#2 God's Power is His Holy Spirit = "Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the LORD of armies."

Acts ch1 - And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”
And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.
But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

This is the Authority and Power that came down from Heaven to chosen vessels and will continue until the Return of CHRIST.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.
He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,

#2 God's Power is His Holy Spirit = "Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the LORD of armies."

Acts ch1 - And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”
And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.
But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
The problem is due to the lil god teachings and kings kid teachings most folks THINK THEMSELVES TO BE THE POWER OF GOD .
KEEP ON REMINDING THE PEOPLE DAVID . DO IT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH .
We are but simple sinners saved and changed by grace . GOD is the POWER , HIS SPIRIT the POWER
and we are naught . LET THE LORD get all recognition in all things . thats right david , POINT TO THE GLORIOUS LORD .
new age teachings are an abomination i wish churches had not embraced at all .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is the Authority and Power that came down from Heaven to chosen vessels and will continue until the Return of CHRIST.
An example of where this lil god teaching leads too .
Lets use kenneth copeland as an example .
The man got so in love with his own self and thought himself to be the POWER of GOD
HE actually said this before his church . NOW before i say what it was
i am gonna let you know something . EVEN WHEN HE SAID IT , HIS FOLLOWERS DID NOT ABANDON IT .
HE said . WHILE I was praying to GOD , I had to tell GOD TO MOVE JESUS OUT OF MY WAY
SO I COULD GET THE JOB DONE . YEAH , PONDER ON THAT FOR A BIT .
not only that but i have heard these pride filled men talkling about
HOW the paralzed man DIDNT EVEN NEED JESUS , IF THEY HAD JUST HAD FAITH IN THEMSELVES . ITS TOTAL BLASPHEMY
and i SHUN THEIR DOCTRINE TO HELL . THEY lie and are power hungry folks .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

IF you examine the lil gods theology it sounds just like new age theology .
WE HAVE THE POWER IN OURSELVES . NOTHING ABOUT JESUS , NOTHING about that .
WE HAVE IT IN US ALREADY and have had it in us , WHAT A LIE FROM HELL .
But folks just love that lil god junk that all them false preachers teach . ME , i shun the garbage to hades if i could .
The doctrine REEKS WITH STINK .

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would just like to bring to your attention one detail regarding the Apostles and the day of Pentecost….for what it’s worth.

The apostles abode in the upper room. That was the sleeping quarters of the men. (V 13) Women were not allowed in men’s sleeping quarters…. and vise versa.

They continued with one accord in prayer …..that was in the temple at the hours of prayer. (6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm) ….V 14

V 15 Would also take place in the temple not the sleeping quarters…. it would never be able to accommodate about 120.

Act 1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, an

Act 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Act 1:15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

Verses 2:1,2 and 15 tells us where they were at the outpouring of the spirit. The word house (oikos) is used frequently in the Word as the House of God…..upper room is the Greek word hyperōon.

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

Act 2:15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Screenshot_20230704-174152~2.png
The word is God's authority over his body of believers called " church, Bride of Christ"!

Reactions: David in NJ

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 28:20 CLNT
20 teaching them to be keeping all, whatever I direct you. And lo! I am with you all the days till the conclusion of the eon! Amen!"

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's right, for EVERY man. Jesus's sacrifice is for ALL people and NOT just believers.

Reactions: OneIsTheWord

OneIsTheWord

Sep 10, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would just like to bring to your attention one detail regarding the Apostles and the day of Pentecost….for what it’s worth.

The apostles abode in the upper room. That was the sleeping quarters of the men. (V 13) Women were not allowed in men’s sleeping quarters…. and vise versa.

They continued with one accord in prayer …..that was in the temple at the hours of prayer. (6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm) ….V 14

V 15 Would also take place in the temple not the sleeping quarters…. it would never be able to accommodate about 120.

Act 1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, an

Act 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Act 1:15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

Verses 2:1,2 and 15 tells us where they were at the outpouring of the spirit. The word house (oikos) is used frequently in the Word as the House of God…..upper room is the Greek word hyperōon.

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

Act 2:15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
greetings
yes, I understand

Two types of praying
One your inner-self or inner pray are secret prayer, the enemy does not hear or know your state of mind Two praying out loud, outcry- salvation is confessing and acceptance, acknowledge

But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
(Matthew 6:6)

Time of prayer
Then He came and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, "Simon, are you sleeping? Could you not watch one hour?
(Mark 14:37)

prayer
4:00 AM to 6:00 AM

The third time
(Mark 14:41)

And he cometh the third time, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: it is enough, the hour has come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. (Mark 14:41)

Now from the sixth hour, there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.
And about the ninth hour, Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? That is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
(Matthew 27:45-46)
the sixth hour - 12:00 noon - the ninth hour
- 3:00 PM

Christ pray three hours to His Father
b807c78df7871f98f5028fa28b44362d.gif
Jerusalem early morning
Vs Eastern time US & Canada

Jerusalem early morning

1:
00 am-------------------------------US 6:00 pm

2:00 am-------------------------------US 7:00 pm

3:00am--------------------------------US 8::00 pm