Who is God, What is God, Why is God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God is my Father.
I know this because God is love.
He loves me just as I am.
Too much to leave me as I am. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is God?

We use the generic term 'God' all the time, but have we stopped to ask ourselves who we believe God really is? What are God's powers, characteristics, and attributes? How do you define the Holy Spirit? A million different people have a million different definitions of God — what's yours?

I AM

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
Revelation 1:18 NIV

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 NIV

I am the Lord , who brought you up out of Egypt to be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy.
Leviticus 11:45 NIV

Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.
Isaiah 46:9 NIV

But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
John 8:23 NIV

On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
John 14:20 NIV

God continued speaking to Moses, reassuring him, “I am God . I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as The Strong God, but by my name God (I-Am-Present) I was not known to them. I also established my covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan, the country in which they lived as sojourners. But now I’ve heard the groanings of the Israelites whom the Egyptians continue to enslave and I’ve remembered my covenant. Therefore tell the Israelites: “I am God . I will bring you out from under the cruel hard labor of Egypt. I will rescue you from slavery. I will redeem you, intervening with great acts of judgment. I’ll take you as my own people and I’ll be God to you. You’ll know that I am God , your God who brings you out from under the cruel hard labor of Egypt. I’ll bring you into the land that I promised to give Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and give it to you as your own country. I AM God. ”
Exodus 6:6‭-‬8 MSG