Who is God's God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is another option. Maybe Jesus didn't call himself God because he didn't think he was God? If that is the case, then the verses I quoted in the OP would present no difficulties. We wouldn't have to explain who the God and Father of God is.

I think a Father, God in this case, and His son, Jesus in this case, are not the same person at all. We'd have to radically redefine the meaning of "father" and "son" in order to do so.
So some of us think Jesus was God in flesh, and others think Jesus was a man who God raised as his only Son, a sinless man.

I think it is safe to believe either.

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And some of your post's are simply denying the Deity of Christ, so... that explains my responses.

See your simple Thread is trying to use "Jesus has a God" to deny The Trinity.

Or, more specifically you are denying the Deity of Christ.
Where have I denied the Deity of Christ or the trinity?
So, my posts will reflect that aspect that is your actual goal, here.
My goal was to see if anyone knows who the God and Father of God is. I trust you read the OP. If not, give it a look.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Where have I denied the Deity of Christ or the trinity?

If your Thread is trying to prove the Deity of Christ then ive not read a sentence by you, that even suggest you believe it.

I think you referred to it as "a tough nut to crack"..

So, i just cracked it for you, in my previous post.

Read it carefully.

Post #40

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So some of us think Jesus was God in flesh, and others think Jesus was a man who God raised as his only Son, a sinless man.

I think it is safe to believe either.
Amen to that! So long as we confess Jesus as our Lord and believe God raised him from the dead, we are saved.

Rom 10:9-10,

9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.​
10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.​
Doesn't say one way or the other if Jesus is God or not, so as you said, it's safe to believe either.

Reactions: Bob Estey

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think a Father, God in this case, and His son, Jesus in this case, are not the same person at all. We'd have to radically redefine the meaning of "father" and "son" in order to do so.
And what is the need to redefine words? Its seems the trinitarian idea starts with Circular Reasoning; the doctrine is true, now let’s rationalize how - even to the point of redefining words.

If we start instead with the idea that the all knowing Creator of the universe knows what words to use to reveal himself, we need not rely on Gnosticism or esoteric word play. “Father” and “Son” are relationship words of 2 Beings - neither of who is named ‘god.’

We need not rely on some mystical parsing between synonyms for “Being” means a person.

Scripture tells us over and over again that there a one true God. And no translation says there is a multi-person God one.

In another thread, a poster cannot accept that wine, by definition, is an alcoholic beverage. Given these facts, I return again to the need to redefine words.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Doesn't say one way or the other if Jesus is God or not, so as you said, it's safe to believe either.

That's true.

As...It does not matter, if you believe that the "Trinity" is true or if you believe its not ......regarding Salvation.

So, a deceit theology is to teach that if you dont "accept the Trinity" as True, you can't be saved"......

There was a point in the History of Christianity, during the Catholic Created "dark ages"... that if you didn't believe it, you could find yourself tied to a wooden stake and burned alive.

I dont think that the "cult of mary" has burned any real Christians, for a while now...
And that's a good thing, as no doubt Mary is very happy that they stopped.

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the "word of God" says..

"God was manifest in the Flesh" is 1 Timothy 3

"The Word became Flesh" is 1 John .

So, if you simply take those 2 verses and compare them with John 1, "the Word was God'.

= You see that its all the same JESUS... both pre-incarnate and virgin born.

This is why Jesus said...>"Before Abraham was ..born, I AM">.

See that "I AM"? @Rich R ???

That is Jesus defining Himself as God's Name.......as that is what God told Moses His NAME is, when Moses asked the Burning Bush"....> = "what is your Name'.?????

= Jesus just said the SAME......>"before Abraham was born.....I AM".

And that is why Jesus told us...

"If you've seen ME.. you've SEEN the Father"

And ... That is why Jesus told us...

"I and my Father are ONE".

And that is why John 1:10 says that JESUS "made the World".

And that is why Colossians 1:16, says that He is the Creator.

And now, take all that back, to...

"Let... US.... make man ... in OUR Image"... Genesis 1.

And you see that this is God the Father and Jesus pre-incarnate as the WORD" == both of them, as "US"..

And then, to understand all this completely..

Its like this.. Readers...

God SPOKE creation, as "let there BE", and Jesus is the WORD... Pre-incarnate.

So, see all that?

God SPOKE and Jesus is the WORD, pre-incarnate.

A.) = Jesus IS the God-Man.

Fully God, and Fully Human.

Jesus is GOD become one of US... to offer Salvation to ALL of us.

Jesus is God wrapped in Human Flesh.

And that is why Thomas said, upon seeing The Lord after He was Risen from the Dead....>"My Lord and my
GOD">.

And Jesus didn't correct Thomas, because God does not correct THE TRUTH.....
OK. All those verses say Jesus is God. I'm not arguing that point. But none of those verses explain who the God and Father of God is.

There's no game going on here. I think it's valid question. Sorry, but I can't just ignore the many verses that say Jesus has a God and a Father. I just want to know who that might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.