Who Is Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wednesday 7-13-22 4th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tammuz 13, 5782 23rd. Summer Day

Who Is Jesus?
odb20220713.jpg

Read: Mark 8:27–30 | Bible in a Year: Psalms 7–9; Acts 18
Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

Who do people say I am? Mark 8:27

Who do people believe Jesus is? Some say He was a good teacher, but just a man. Author C. S. Lewis wrote, “Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse.

You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God, but let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher.” These now-famous words from Mere Christianity propound that Jesus would not have been a great prophet if He falsely claimed to be God. That would be the ultimate heresy.

While talking with His disciples as they walked between villages, Jesus asked them, “Who do people say I am?” (Mark 8:27). Their answers included John the Baptist, Elijah, and one of the prophets (v. 28). But Jesus wanted to know what they believed: “Who do you say I am?” Peter got it right. “You are the Messiah” (v. 29), the Savior.

But who do we say Jesus is? Jesus could not have been a good teacher or prophet if what He said about Himself—that He and the Father (God) are “one” (John 10:30)—wasn’t true. His followers and even the demons declared His divinity as the Son of God (Matthew 8:29; 16:16; 1 John 5:20). Today, may we spread the word about who Christ is as He provides what we need.

Who do you say Jesus is? If you believe He’s the Son of God, then how can you share who He is with others?

Dear Jesus, thank You for being the way, the truth, and the life. I’m glad I can cling to You. Help me to share with others the good news of who You are.

INSIGHT

We can observe two things from the disciples’ response to Jesus’ question, “Who do people say I am?” (Mark 8:27). First, the disciples knew what the people were saying about who Jesus was: “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets” (v. 28).

They weren’t simply an isolated and insulated group, oblivious to the culture and people around them. His disciples continued to interact with and understand the people to whom Christ was reaching out. One day soon, they’d be sent to continue His message.

Second, the people’s various answers to who Jesus was illustrated that even people who heard and saw Him had different opinions about Him. But Jesus wasn’t content with general answers to the question of who He was. He asked His disciples this question directly. Peter answered, “You are the Messiah” (v. 29).

Take a class on the New Testament.

By Alyson Kieda|July 13th, 2022

Evangelism Mark 8:27-30

27 And Jesus went out, and his disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way he asked his disciples, saying unto them, Whom do men say that I am?

28 And they answered, John the Baptist; but some say, Elias; and others, One of the prophets.

29 And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.

30 And he charged them that they should tell no man of him.

Read full chapter

Love, Walter and Debbie

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wednesday 7-13-22 4th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tammuz 13, 5782 23rd. Summer Day

Who Is Jesus?
odb20220713.jpg

Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

Who do people believe Jesus is? Some say He was a good teacher, but just a man. Author C. S. Lewis wrote, “Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse.

You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God, but let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher.” These now-famous words from Mere Christianity propound that Jesus would not have been a great prophet if He falsely claimed to be God. That would be the ultimate heresy.

While talking with His disciples as they walked between villages, Jesus asked them, “Who do people say I am?” (Mark 8:27). Their answers included John the Baptist, Elijah, and one of the prophets (v. 28). But Jesus wanted to know what they believed: “Who do you say I am?” Peter got it right. “You are the Messiah” (v. 29), the Savior.

But who do we say Jesus is? Jesus could not have been a good teacher or prophet if what He said about Himself—that He and the Father (God) are “one” (John 10:30)—wasn’t true. His followers and even the demons declared His divinity as the Son of God (Matthew 8:29; 16:16; 1 John 5:20). Today, may we spread the word about who Christ is as He provides what we need.

Who do you say Jesus is? If you believe He’s the Son of God, then how can you share who He is with others?

Dear Jesus, thank You for being the way, the truth, and the life. I’m glad I can cling to You. Help me to share with others the good news of who You are.

INSIGHT

We can observe two things from the disciples’ response to Jesus’ question, “Who do people say I am?” (Mark 8:27). First, the disciples knew what the people were saying about who Jesus was: “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets” (v. 28).

They weren’t simply an isolated and insulated group, oblivious to the culture and people around them. His disciples continued to interact with and understand the people to whom Christ was reaching out. One day soon, they’d be sent to continue His message.

Second, the people’s various answers to who Jesus was illustrated that even people who heard and saw Him had different opinions about Him. But Jesus wasn’t content with general answers to the question of who He was. He asked His disciples this question directly. Peter answered, “You are the Messiah” (v. 29).

27 And Jesus went out, and his disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way he asked his disciples, saying unto them, Whom do men say that I am?

28 And they answered, John the Baptist; but some say, Elias; and others, One of the prophets.

29 And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.

Read full chapter

Love, Walter and Debbie
Who Is Jesus Christ? | Bible.org

Love, Walter

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is if one does not truly believe JESUS to be WHO HE claimed to be , THEN they dont really believe IN HIM at all .
ITS a belief that has no faith , no trust and no obediance unto the TRUE MESSIAH .
I tell us all , this is a faith in another jesus and that one cannot and does not save a soul .
Now paul warned that early church and more than once , IF any comes bringin another gospel , Let him be accursed
HE also scolded the church for entertaining another jesus . TOO many are and have indeed come
to an image of another jesus that in fact is but an image of satan that is cloaked under the name of Jesus . IT WONT SAVE .
WE must learn the biblical Christ well and all bible docrtrine very well .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Son of God :) he said so himself
Yes HE sure did . even john makes mention of this in his letter to the church .
The reason the divinity of Christ is under such an attack , is because of the long desire goal to unite all religions to be as one .
How can the religons unite when Such a truth of Christ contradicts all thier false beliefs .
SEE , they need us to come to the conclusion that GOD has been at work in ALL religoins
and that its time we simply unite to serve this same god . BIG reason i didnt capitalize that god , cause tis the devil himself
As we all know muslims claim GOD has no SON . THUS this had to be eleminated
as a foundtaional truth in order to get christains and muslims to unite as one .
THEY instead have long focused on this false love connection and all the while
have changed the image of CHRIST into an image that any religoin can accept .
Just made him as simply another way to GOD . What a whopper of a lie has occured .
But its worked . WHEN even seventy percent of christains believe GOD is fine with all paths , THEN KNow and understand
we are in a great delusion of a massive deceptoin . GOD is fast been replaced
with a concept of love . And yet this love embraces all paths as valid , it embraces sin . THUS ITS OF THE DEVIL .
But many are getting sucked in more and more into this alternative version of GOd is love . cause it sure aint the love
that comes from GOD . The devil knows how to say THUS SAYETH THE LORD , and HE knows how to use
the same words like love , like unity , like freedom and etc , BUT rest assured his version of said words
ARE ALWAYS CONTRARY to the version o said words in that bible .

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes HE sure did . even john makes mention of this in his letter to the church .
The reason the divinity of Christ is under such an attack , is because of the long desire goal to unite all religions to be as one .
How can the religons unite when Such a truth of Christ contradicts all thier false beliefs .
SEE , they need us to come to the conclusion that GOD has been at work in ALL religoins
and that its time we simply unite to serve this same god . BIG reason i didnt capitalize that god , cause tis the devil himself
As we all know muslims claim GOD has no SON . THUS this had to be eleminated
as a foundtaional truth in order to get christains and muslims to unite as one .
THEY instead have long focused on this false love connection and all the while
have changed the image of CHRIST into an image that any religoin can accept .
Just made him as simply another way to GOD . What a whopper of a lie has occured .
But its worked . WHEN even seventy percent of christains believe GOD is fine with all paths , THEN KNow and understand
we are in a great delusion of a massive deceptoin . GOD is fast been replaced
with a concept of love . And yet this love embraces all paths as valid , it embraces sin . THUS ITS OF THE DEVIL .
But many are getting sucked in more and more into this alternative version of GOd is love . cause it sure aint the love
that comes from GOD . The devil knows how to say THUS SAYETH THE LORD , and HE knows how to use
the same words like love , like unity , like freedom and etc , BUT rest assured his version of said words
ARE ALWAYS CONTRARY to the version o said words in that bible .
We believe in what the scriptures say, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Walter

Reactions: amigo de christo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Who Is Jesus?
odb20220713.jpg

Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

INSIGHT

Read full chapter

Love, Walter and Debbie
@WalterandDebbie The Scriptures are indeed full of the Deity of Christ and God in Three Persons.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie