Who is This?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Trinity is On Godhead and Three distinct and equal Persons. Not SEPARATE Persons. They have the one same Nature
What do you mean by “nature” here?

LDS Christians do believe that the Father/Son/Spirit are one in all of following: goodness, will, Truth, glory, mercy, justice, power, knowledge, etc. But they aren’t literally the same person- like Christ doesn’t pray to Himself.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What do you mean by “nature” here?

LDS Christians do believe that the Father/Son/Spirit are one in all of following: goodness, will, Truth, glory, mercy, justice, power, knowledge, etc. But they aren’t literally the same person- like Christ doesn’t pray to Himself.

Romans 1:20 has the word "Godhead", which is from the Greek "θειότης", which means "the Divine Nature"

This means that the Three Distinct Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, are coequally God "Essentially". They are each YHWH, Elohim, etc

No Person is "greater" or "inferior" to the other, in the "θειότης". They are equally WORSHIPPED as Almighty God

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:20 has the word "Godhead", which is from the Greek "θειότης", which means "the Divine Nature"

This means that the Three Distinct Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, are coequally God "Essentially". They are each YHWH, Elohim, etc

No Person is "greater" or "inferior" to the other, in the "θειότης". They are equally WORSHIPPED as Almighty God
I don’t find the word “nature” in scripture, but agreement on all being God and equal.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Isaiah 48:1 is very clear, that Yahweh is the Speaker in verse 12.

What prevails is the Word o GOD. The Word is GOD, understand? What does the Word of GOD say?

The Word of GOD says: Isaiah 48:v.1
Hear ye this, O house of Jacob, which are called by the name of Israel, and are come forth out of the waters of Judah, which swear by the NAME of the Lord, and make mention of the God of Israel, but not in Truth, nor in righteousness.

You are doing exactly like the rebbel Israel. They maked mention of the GOD of Israel, but not in Truth, nor in righteousness. What is the NAME of the Lord? The own prophet Isaiah proclamed the NAME in the verse 2, saying that The Lord of hosts is His NAME.
The witness of the prophet of the Lord is TRUE, YOUR TESTIMONY IS FALSE, the NAME of the Speaker is not Yahweh, as you said, it's a NAME of demon invented by the spiritists Rabbi, the esoteric and kabbalistic Rabbi. The Speaker has not NAME of a demon, called Yahweh, as you say he has.

Why people lend credence to Kabbalistic sources (?)
The esoteric, and Kabbalistic, and SPIRITISTS Rabbis and their followers never known the GOD of the fathers, the GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
The words "I am the first, I also am the last." literally means The Eternal God, without beginning and end.

The Word is GOD. GOD is Spirit. It is the Word who is from everlasting to everlasting. Yes, you have only the LITERAL knowledge of the existence of a GOD, but only LITERAL, you know not Him, and call Him by false NAME.
JESUS left very clear, saying: No man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal Him.

You know only LITERALLY by the letter, the letter kills, as we can see by your false testimony of GOD, and it could not be different because JESUS revealed not His Father for you.

Unitarianism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, and anyone else that denies that Great Bible Truth about Jesus Christ, are destroyed by these Scriptures!
They are destroyed not by Scriptures, but by false testimony of the Word of GOD, like yours.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Word is GOD. GOD is Spirit. It is the Word who is from everlasting to everlasting. Yes, you have only the LITERAL knowledge of the existence of a GOD, but only LITERAL, you know not Him, and call Him by false NAME.
JESUS left very clear, saying: No man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal Him.

You know only LITERALLY by the letter, the letter kills, as we can see by your false testimony of GOD, and it could not be different because JESUS revealed not His Father for you.

They are destroyed not by Scriptures, but by false testimony of the Word of GOD, like yours.
all sounds a bit religious to me!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 48:1 is very clear, that Yahweh is the Speaker in verse 12. The words "I am the first, I also am the last." literally means The Eternal God, without beginning and end.

These words are also Spoken by Jesus Christ in Revelation 1:18; 2:8 and 22:13, which makes Jesus Christ the Eternal God, YHWH.

Unitarianism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, and anyone else that denies that Great Bible Truth about Jesus Christ, are destroyed by these Scriptures!
You continue to show your ignorance of scripture and the context in which it is used. Your simpleton scriptural assumptions produce grave errs and may mislead many...

------------------------
The expression 'the first and the last' is used 5x in scripture. It is used twice in the OT in the Book of Isaiah 44:6; 48:12, and three times in the NT, in the Book of Revelation 1:17; 2:8; 22:13.

In the OT, in Isaiah, God Almighty can be readily considered 'the first and the last' because it is SPECIFIC to the context being spoken of. The subject is specifically talking about the existence of 'other gods,' rather the NON-existence of other gods or anything that would dare call itself GOD. '...I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.'

Now when we are speaking of Yahshua in Revelation, just because he uses the same particular phrase as his Father, does not mean he is claiming himself to be God, as his Father. In fact Yahshua never ever claims to be God!

Revelation 1:17-18 (KJV)
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

I am he that liveth, and WAS DEAD; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and
of death. *(God, his Father is immortal and never died at any time)

Revelation 2:8 (KJV)
8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which WAS DEAD,
and is alive; *(Again, God, his Father is immortal and never died at any time)

Revelation 22:13-16 (KJV)

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Blessed are they that do HIS (God, YHWH, Yahweh) commandments, that they may have
right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and
whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

I Jesus (NOT GOD, his Father) have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and
the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
*(God, his Father is not the offspring of David or any man!)

Here is the same term again used in a more personal and practical way. The term indicates the original creator or founder of things or people.

In Isaiah 41:4 we see God Almighty using this term 'the first and last' for himself with a purpose and meaning that will also be applied to his Son in the NT for a SIMILAR purpose.

“Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord—with the first of them and with the last—I am he.” Thus, the Bible connects the phrase “the First and the Last” with calling forth the generations.

While God Almighty was the one who called forth the generations of people, in the OT, He has now conferred that authority on/to His Son for a similar way. And that is why the Lord Jesus is called 'the First and the Last' in the book of Revelation, as his Father, and not being his Father

As his Father brought forth the physical generations of men on earth, it will be now Yahshua who will call forth the generations of people from the grave to enter into everlasting life in the Kingdom that he began with his Father since the Day of Pentecost.

God, his Father gave his Son authority to raise the dead (John 5:25-27). His voice will raise all dead Christians (1 Thess. 4:16 and 17), and he will change our bodies into new glorious bodies (Phil. 3:20 and 21). However, even when Yashua said he had the authority to raise the dead, he never claimed he had that authority inherently because he was God. He always said that his Father had given authority to him.

While teaching about his authority, Christ was very clear about who was the ultimate authority: 'The Son can do nothing by himself…....the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son…...For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in himself. And He has given him authority to judge' (John 5:19,22,26 and 27). If Jesus had the authority to raise the dead because he was in some way God, he never said it or even implied it. He said he had his authority because his Father gave it to him.

With the authority to raise the generations, came the title associated with the existence of the generations, and thus after his resurrection Jesus/Yahshua Christ is called 'the First and the Last.' Christ is the the founder and father of these new generations of the dead and the first of its kind from the dead, to immortality. He is surely 'the first and the last,' in this context.

This is yet another deceptive route or attempt here to force Christ to be the Almighty himself. It is another futile attempt to force a key part of the Roman Catholic pagan-political-religious Trinitarian concept, with all its traditions and trimmings onto the unsuspecting and innocent victim.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is This?
OP ^

He who is the Eternal Holy One, the Maker, the Wisdom, the Word, the Power, the Seed, the Quickening Spirit, the everlasting King Of kings and Lord of lords, the Christ Messiah, called by the name above all other names; JESUS.

Glory to God,
Taken

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
These words are also Spoken by Jesus Christ in Revelation 1:18; 2:8 and 22:13, which makes Jesus Christ the Eternal God, YHWH.

Eternal God, YHWH?
What are the FICTITIOUS GOD'S NAMES, or NICKNAMES, invented by demons by the esoteric, and kabbalistic, and SPIRITIST TETRAGRAMMATON?
Literally they are known as Elohim, Jehovah, Yahveh, HaShem, Adonai, Yehovah, Yehweh, among others, ALL these NAMES or NICKNAMES are fictitious names OF GOD, INVENTED by esoteric, kabbalistic and SPIRITISTS Jews, in the way the Devil likes.

Why people lend credence to Kabbalistic sources (?)

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
one can add:-
Revelation 1:17-18
'When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.'

and...
Revelation 22:16
“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

and
Revelation 1:11
saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send itto the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

to the previously quoted verses of:-
Revelation 1:8
and
Revelation 22:12-13

These clearly identify the subject matter's identity!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Isaiah 48:12

“Listen to Me, Jacob,
and Israel, the one called by Me:
I am He; I am the first,
I am also the last"

Who is the Speaker in this verse/passage, and what do the words, "I am the first, I am also the last", mean?

Bible Gateway passage: Isaiah 48 - Holman Christian Standard Bible

The speaker is God

God is telling you and I that there is no one else like Him. He was here from the beginning, and he will be everlasting. There is no break in the existence of God, ever, He has always existed, and will continue to be. In the name "I am" God is telling us that He will be whatever He desires to be, and to whomever He choses. There is only one eternal way, and that is our Heavenly Father's way.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I cannot understand what you are on about!