Who Really Wanted Jesus Crucified?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... are you only in this conversation in order to personally slander & attack me?

Oh I'm admittedly mostly here to EXPOSE you, post. Once again.

And 2 Corinthians 5:17 doesn't apply to you.

No, there's nothing new about you.

Same irreverent and blasphemous name.

Same unholy image of death boldly displayed as your avatar.

Same tactics of denying the most important Truths and all information that's a threat to the powers that be.

Same disinfo, dissention, distraction, dissuasion campaign.

All under a shortened version of your original name. No, nothing's new or changed about you, post.

Now tell everybody what your original full name was and what it really means.

Not a single thing to do with God, The Bible or Christianity ... at all.

On the contrary.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently, you don't really understand what Satan's temptation then was about. Of course Jesus in The Spirit before He was born through woman could never be tempted, and nor while in the flesh. Yet once Christ was born in the flesh through woman's womb, it was required... for His FLESH to be tempted in order to fulfill His Ministry as The Christ. So Christ's flesh is what Satan was actually tempting, which could not have ever happened before Jesus was born in the flesh.

You are correct, sir.

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched (tempted) with the feeling of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."
(Hebrews 4:15)

Reactions: Davy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just get tired of the bickering.
Same here. We need to stick to the topic, not get into personal attacks.

So getting back to the OP, the ones who wanted Christ crucified were the religious leaders of Israel. But since they managed to incite the Jewish mob in Jerusalem to cry out "Crucify him!" "Crucify him!" God held all Israel accountable. Not the Romans. Thus Christ prophesied the desolation of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. (Mt 23:37)

Jews do not like to see the New Testament holding them accountable for the death of Christ. But God is the one who holds them accountable. Israel had absolutely no excuse for rejecting Jesus of Nazareth as their true Messiah/King.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truman

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I'm admittedly mostly here to EXPOSE you, post. Once again.

And 2 Corinthians 5:17 doesn't apply to you.

No, there's nothing new about you.

Same irreverent and blasphemous name.

Same unholy image of death boldly displayed as your avatar.

Same tactics of denying the most important Truths and all information that's a threat to the powers that be.

Same disinfo, dissention, distraction, dissuasion campaign.

All under a shortened version of your original name. No, nothing's new or changed about you, post.

Now tell everybody what your original full name was and what it really means.

Not a single thing to do with God, The Bible or Christianity ... at all.

On the contrary.

huh?

oh so you're know me because you're one of the people banned for heresy on another religious forum, who came here, because here they let you go around preaching false doctrine, and you have a personal vendetta against me, probably because i was one of the people who exposed your lies, so now you're making unjustified personal attack posts with a heart full of dark hatred?

ok thanks for the clarity.

enjoy your vanity.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the word is "test" not tempt.
God cannot be tempted.

i have the 'impeccable' view of Christ; you have the 'peccable' view.
my position perfectly explains why Satan is testing Him in the wilderness; yours has a huge problem with why Satan, the most cunning of all God's creation, full of wisdom, is trying to accomplish something that he knows is absolutely impossible.

Nah, I'm just using common sense, while you're trying to be a Legalist, and a poor one at that.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you should take a closer look at James:

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
(James 1:14)​

if you contend that Christ was being tempted, then you necessarily are saying that Jesus had lusts and evil desires.
that is how temptation works; James gives us a definition of the process of temptation.
therefore your position is that He had sin: He Himself taught us that lust in ones heart is equivalent to carrying out that lust in the corporeal ((Matthew 5)).
so your position makes Christ impure, therefore He is not a perfect sacrifice, and there is no salvation.

Satan thought Christ could be tempted - just as you also think.
but Christ is God, and cannot be tempted. Christ was tested - not tempted - saying He is tempted is denying Him.

You need to study your Bible more...

Matt 4:1
4 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
KJV

Mark 1:13
13 And He was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto Him.
KJV

Luke 4:2-3
2 Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days He did eat nothing: and when they were ended, He afterward hungered.
3 And the devil said unto Him, "If Thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread."
KJV

Heb 2:18
18 For in that He Himself hath suffered being tempted, He is able to succour them that are tempted.
KJV

Heb 4:15
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.
(Job 1:6)​

are you saying Satan is God, since he is counted among the 'sons of God' ?
no?
then you're inconsistent in your application & interpretation of scripture.

That of course is a crazy, and a stupid statement on your part. There is nothing... in my writings that would lead anyone to think that I ever said that Satan is God! You just made BLASPHEMY, an INSULT, just by inferring that I ever would say such a thing!

I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU ARE A TRUE BELIEVER ON CHRIST AT ALL. I BELIEVE YOU ARE A 'PLANT', COME HERE TO DECEIVE MY BRETHREN IN CHRIST JESUS.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to study your Bible more...

Matt 4:1
4 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
KJV

Mark 1:13
13 And He was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto Him.
KJV

Luke 4:2-3
2 Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days He did eat nothing: and when they were ended, He afterward hungered.
3 And the devil said unto Him, "If Thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread."
KJV

Heb 2:18
18 For in that He Himself hath suffered being tempted, He is able to succour them that are tempted.
KJV

Heb 4:15
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
KJV

Bad translation.
The word is "tested" - look it up.
God cannot be tempted, and Christ is God.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah, I'm just using common sense, while you're trying to be a Legalist, and a poor one at that.

Your position puts sin in Christ.
You're wrong.
I'm right; there is no sin in Him.
I believe scripture; you contradict it.
I have a high view of Christ, you have a low view.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That of course is a crazy, and a stupid statement

I am pointing out that just because Satan knew Jesus is called the Son of God does not mean that Satan knew that in Jesus was the fullness of God in bodily form.

Your argument was that Satan knew Christ is God because Jesus is called son of God.
I showed you that Satan is called one of the 'sons of God' but that doesn't mean Satan is God.
So i disproved your argument by showing the absurd conclusions your argument leads to.

Welcome to logic

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all killed Him and put Him on the execution stake. Remember all have sinned and fall short of His glory. It was our sin that put Him there. Stop pointing fingers at certain groups we are all responsible. Many Jews as some have put it believed in Him and followed Him. Do you not realize His own disciples/apostles were all Hebrews. This happened in this part of the world what happens if it took place in Rome or Egypt. Do we then blame those ethnic groups. It happened in Jerusalem for a reason to fulfill Bible prophecy right back in the first 5 books + the prophets like Isaiah etc. He was the Passover Lamb! He had to die so we could receive redemption to cover and atone for our sin, just like the blood of the original Passover Lamb caused God to Passover those that had the blood of the lamb on the doorposts of their dwellings. Take the focus of the who, and focus on the why!
Do you have the Blood of the Lamb on your doorposts as He will come and Passover again! This is called the judgement.

You may find this helpful.

Shalom friends

Ha, ha! That's so... funny!!!

And it's an idea of the FALSE JEWS who hate Christ Jesus.

Too bad it's an idea pushed in some Christian Churches today, but that's the fault of those congregations for not cracking open God's Word for themselves to expose those false prophets telling them that junk!