Who Really Wanted Jesus Crucified?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think he knew all along?

Yes, Satan actually did know that Jesus is The Christ, God The Son. It wasn't only at the time of Lord Jesus' first coming that Satan tried to prevent the crucifixion. Satan's servants tried to prevent Christ's birth by many earlier attempts to destroy the 'Seed' of the Woman that Christ would be born through, beginning with Abel in Genesis.

Per Bible history, Satan:
1. was behind the first murder (revealed by Lord Jesus at the end of John 8); this was a direct attack on the Seed which Christ would be born through.
2. tried to split up Abraham and Sarah, since God had promised them His covenant would be with his seed after him.
3. tried to kill Jacob (by his brother Esau), because Esau claimed Jacob stole his birthright.
4. tried to have receiver of God's Birthright, Joseph, killed by his eleven brethren who smeared lamb's blood on Joseph's coat, and told his father that Joseph was dead. They then put Joseph in a pit while conspiring to actually murder him.
5. tried to kill baby Jesus through king Herod's command to execute all firstborn, in hopes of including baby Jesus. Herod was a descendant of Esau appointed king by the Romans.
6. ... tried to convert Jesus to bow to him, and he would then give all the kingdoms of this world to Jesus (Luke 4). That definitely would have prevented Christ's death on the cross, and thus prevented The Father's Salvation Plan through His Son's Blood shed upon the cross.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Satan actually did know that Jesus is The Christ, God The Son. It wasn't only at the time of Lord Jesus' first coming that Satan tried to prevent the crucifixion. Satan's servants tried to prevent Christ's birth by many earlier attempts to destroy the 'Seed' of the Woman that Christ would be born through, beginning with Abel in Genesis.

1. was behind the first murder (revealed by Lord Jesus at the end of John 8); this was a direct attack on the Seed which Christ would be born through.
2. tried to split up Abraham and Sarah, since God had promised them His covenant would be with his seed after him.
3. tried to kill Jacob (by his brother Esau), because Esau claimed Jacob stole his birthright.
4. tried to have receiver of God's Birthright, Joseph, killed by his eleven brethren who smeared lamb's blood on Joseph's coat, and told his father that Joseph was dead. They then put Joseph in a pit while conspiring to actually murder him.
5. tried to kill baby Jesus through king Herod's command to execute all firstborn, in hopes of including baby Jesus. Herod was a descendant of Esau appointed king by the Romans.
6. ... tried to convert Jesus to bow to him, and he would then give all the kingdoms of this world to Jesus (Luke 4). That definitely would have prevented Christ's death on the cross, and thus prevented The Father's Salvation Plan through His Son's Blood shed upon the cross.

understanding He is the Messiah is not the same as understanding that the Messiah is God Himself dwelling in the flesh.
Satan can deceive men. for him, that's easy.
but Satan cannot deceive God -- in the wilderness, after His baptism, Satan sought to tempt Christ into sin: to bring about the fall of the Messiah.
if Satan at that time understood that Christ was God Himself hidden in humanity, then what he was doing was horrendously stupid: God cannot be tempted.
God is not tempted; this was not 'the tempting of Christ' but the testing, i.e. proving of Him. Christ was 'assayed' and found blameless and holy.
Satan may have *thought* he was tempting Jesus, but he had no idea who He really is at that time; he could not have.

Satan isn't stupid. he's more cunning and clever and knows & understands the scripture better than you or i do. don't underestimate him or think of him as a fool! if he had known that it was God Himself fasting for 40 days in the wilderness, he's not so idiotic to have tried to get God to bow to him in exchange for earthly kingdoms.

you think you can make God blaspheme if you give Him cash??
ludicrous!
so if Satan is smarter than you ((he is)) how can you think Satan knew he was talking to God?
he thought Jesus was nothing more than an anointed man, that could be corrupted.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan isn't stupid. he's more cunning and clever and knows & understands the scripture better than you or i do. don't underestimate him or think of him as a fool! if he had known that it was God Himself fasting for 40 days in the wilderness, he's not so idiotic to have tried to get God to bow to him in exchange for earthly kingdoms.

ludicrous!
so if Satan is smarter than you ((he is)) how can you think Satan knew he was talking to God?
he thought Jesus was nothing more than an anointed man, that could be corrupted.

Awful lotta love for 's'atan, there, post.

Coincidence?

You know, as well as I do, that it's not.

Tell me, what does your name mean, again? I've forgotten.

Explain, ... please.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What surprises me are the amount of Christians who seem to want to crucify each other for seeing things differently. I don't think this blesses our Lord. You do believe in Him, right?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And don't forget what he said to Christ directly, face to face, while in the wilderness after his baptism.

"And when the tempter came to Him, he said, If Thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread."
(Matthew 4:3)

Reactions: Davy

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What surprises me are the amount of Christians who seem to want to crucify each other for seeing things differently. I don't think this blesses our Lord. You do believe in Him, right?

The mistake you're making is in assuming they are all Christians.

This forum, and many others like it, are chock full of False Prophets and Ravening Wolves.

If you truly don't already know that, ... beware.

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We all killed Him and put Him on the execution stake. Remember all have sinned and fall short of His glory. It was our sin that put Him there. Stop pointing fingers at certain groups we are all responsible. Many Jews as some have put it believed in Him and followed Him. Do you not realize His own disciples/apostles were all Hebrews. This happened in this part of the world what happens if it took place in Rome or Egypt. Do we then blame those ethnic groups. It happened in Jerusalem for a reason to fulfill Bible prophecy right back in the first 5 books + the prophets like Isaiah etc. He was the Passover Lamb! He had to die so we could receive redemption to cover and atone for our sin, just like the blood of the original Passover Lamb caused God to Passover those that had the blood of the lamb on the doorposts of their dwellings. Take the focus of the who, and focus on the why!
Do you have the Blood of the Lamb on your doorposts as He will come and Passover again! This is called the judgement.

You may find this helpful.

Shalom friends

Reactions: Truman

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awful lotta love for 's'atan, there, post.

it's called understanding & believing the scripture.

The serpent was more subtil than any beast
(Genesis 3:1)

You were the seal of perfection,
Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
You were in Eden, the garden of God

(Ezekiel 28:12-13)​

it's called being sober minded, and having wisdom, as opposed to being a vain and ignorant fool.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And don't forget what he said to Christ directly, face to face, while in the wilderness after his baptism.

"And when the tempter came to Him, he said, If Thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread."
(Matthew 4:3)

is the Son of God, Himself God? does that automatically follow?
then why do so many 'christians' contend that He is not God?

you are actually the one ascribing more wisdom, knowledge & power to Satan than i am, my fair dude.
you put yourself on the side of saying He knew what 'flesh and blood hath not revealed, but the Father in heaven' from the beginning.

do you believe Satan is omniscient? omnipresent?

or are you only in this conversation in order to personally slander & attack me?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The sin of us all nailed Him there. I'm not going to blame anyone. Though it was horrific what He went through, I am so glad that He did it. I thank the Jews for giving birth to Him. Now if we could show our appreciation for what He did by sincerely trying to get along with each other. That would make Him smile. I think He deserves that.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me, what does your name mean, again? I've forgotten.

Explain, ... please.

What do you mean, "again"?
But, have a look at and meditate on 2 Corinthians 5:17

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The sin of us all nailed Him there. I'm not going to blame anyone. Though it was horrific what He went through, I am so glad that He did it. I thank the Jews for giving birth to Him. Now if we could show our appreciation for what He did by sincerely trying to get along with each other. That would make Him smile. I think He deserves that.

Well said

Shalom Friend

Reactions: Truman

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
understanding He is the Messiah is not the same as understanding that the Messiah is God Himself dwelling in the flesh.
Satan can deceive men. for him, that's easy.
but Satan cannot deceive God -- in the wilderness, after His baptism, Satan sought to tempt Christ into sin: to bring about the fall of the Messiah.
if Satan at that time understood that Christ was God Himself hidden in humanity, then what he was doing was horrendously stupid: God cannot be tempted.
God is not tempted; this was not 'the tempting of Christ' but the testing, i.e. proving of Him. Christ was 'assayed' and found blameless and holy.
Satan may have *thought* he was tempting Jesus, but he had no idea who He really is at that time; he could not have.

ludicrous!

Religious fervor is not the same thing as 'understanding' in God's Word.

Satan's specific temptation at Lord Jesus happened specifically because Jesus of Nazareth WAS GOD COME IN THE FLESH "Immanuel". Why do you think that kind of temptation happened to Lord Jesus and not upon anyone else? Why do you think Satan would cause king Herod to kill all the firstborn at Christ's birth? Yeah, Satan knew. Satan knows... Who God is, and has all along.

So trying to assign some flesh attribute to Satan as if he were like some deceived flesh man is completely ludicrous.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religious fervor is not the same thing as 'understanding' in God's Word.

Satan's specific temptation at Lord Jesus happened specifically because Jesus of Nazareth WAS GOD COME IN THE FLESH "Immanuel". Why do you think that kind of temptation happened to Lord Jesus and not upon anyone else? Why do you think Satan would cause king Herod to kill all the firstborn at Christ's birth? Yeah, Satan knew. Satan knows... Who God is, and has all along.

So trying to assign some flesh attribute to Satan as if he were like some deceived flesh man is completely ludicrous.

is Satan aware that God cannot be tempted with evil? ((James 1:13))

in the garden, and in Job 1-2, does Satan try to corrupt God or try to corrupt the sons of God, so that they will curse God, and sin?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is Satan aware that God cannot be tempted with evil? ((James 1:13))

The topic isn't where or not God can be tempted, because we well know He cannot be tempted.

The matter is whether or not Satan 'knew' that Jesus of Nazareth is God come in the flesh. He did, and that's where I stand...

Matt 4:6-7
6 And saith unto Him, "If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, 'He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.'"

7 Jesus said unto him, "It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."
KJV

Apparently, you don't really understand what Satan's temptation then was about. Of course Jesus in The Spirit before He was born through woman could never be tempted, and nor while in the flesh. Yet once Christ was born in the flesh through woman's womb, it was required... for His FLESH to be tempted in order to fulfill His Ministry as The Christ. So Christ's flesh is what Satan was actually tempting, which could not have ever happened before Jesus was born in the flesh.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The topic isn't where or not God can be tempted, because we well know He cannot be tempted.

it certainly is germane to the topic we're discussing.

if Satan knows Christ is more than an anointed man of God, that Christ is in fact God Himself having become the God-Man, and if Satan also knows that God cannot be tempted, the burden is on you to explain why Satan is so idiotically trying to tempt God to sin if he knows it's impossible?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently, you don't really understand what Satan's temptation then was about. Of course Jesus in The Spirit before He was born through woman could never be tempted, and nor while in the flesh. Yet once Christ was born in the flesh through woman's womb, it was required... for His FLESH to be tempted in order to fulfill His Ministry as The Christ. So Christ's flesh is what Satan was actually tempting, which could not have ever happened before Jesus was born in the flesh.

the word is "test" not tempt.
God cannot be tempted.

i have the 'impeccable' view of Christ; you have the 'peccable' view.
my position perfectly explains why Satan is testing Him in the wilderness; yours has a huge problem with why Satan, the most cunning of all God's creation, full of wisdom, is trying to accomplish something that he knows is absolutely impossible.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Christ's flesh is what Satan was actually tempting

you should take a closer look at James:

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
(James 1:14)​

if you contend that Christ was being tempted, then you necessarily are saying that Jesus had lusts and evil desires.
that is how temptation works; James gives us a definition of the process of temptation.
therefore your position is that He had sin: He Himself taught us that lust in ones heart is equivalent to carrying out that lust in the corporeal ((Matthew 5)).
so your position makes Christ impure, therefore He is not a perfect sacrifice, and there is no salvation.

Satan thought Christ could be tempted - just as you also think.
but Christ is God, and cannot be tempted. Christ was tested - not tempted - saying He is tempted is denying Him.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If thou be the Son of God

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.
(Job 1:6)​

are you saying Satan is God, since he is counted among the 'sons of God' ?
no?
then you're inconsistent in your application & interpretation of scripture.

the 'peccable' view of God, IMHO, is indefensible - and i can support that opinion fully with scripture and sound doctrine.

Christ is become man just like us, tested just like us in every way - yet found ((via testing)) to be without sin.
sin dwells in the heart and the flesh, and is expressed in actions. it is a spiritual property foremost, not a physical property - and in God there is no sin. therefore He cannot be tempted ((James 1)) even as He humbles Himself and takes on the form of man.

Matthew 4, Mark 1, Luke 4 & Hebrews 4 are not about sinlessness through tremendous feats of human willpower.
they are about divinity. in the same way it's not by our own will or effort or desire that we are saved, but by the divine intervention of Holy God in His graceful lovingkindness extending mercy through faith, and by His Spirit bringing about a new creation in us, redeeming our corruption through death & resurrection in The Son.