Who taught you about God? Who is your God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
If Jesus is your God who and how were you taught?

Paul told us that only God could teach one to know God, has God taught you, how did he teach you?

(1 Corinthians 2:10-12) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God.”

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
No matter how we are taught the things of God---whether through the reading of His word, or through anointed human teachers, everything we learn that is the truth of God comes only by His Spirit.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Good topic Thankful 1.....Lets see, if I can answer that in a short post...

I have always known God as far back as I can remember, I have always talked with Him even after I left the church, and not in any relationship with Him at all, kinda like a genie in a bottle, the thing is if I ask He did it....He brought me to Australia about 8 years ago, and I firmly believe it was to really find Him..to find the heart to heart relationship..I rededicated my life to Him back in 97, He said I did not have to worry, He was my Father and would care for me..when I came to Australia for hoilday and to visit family, my hubby had a heart attack and the doctors said no flying for him, so here I am still today..I left everything I had at home, children (grown then) and grandchildren. I was here with nothing but the clothes I had brought for a holiday...in a church after about 3 months that was killing my spirit, I could feel myself dying inside, missing home and begging the doctors to let us leave Australia to go home...

God ask me one day when was I going to let Him take care of His children that He had given me..was stunned to hear His voice so clear...I turned my children and grandchildren over to Him then and there..We moved into a house closer to my husbands doctors out of a house owed by his family...no furniture, no nothing...met a lady that assited people with disabilities, she provide all I needed for the house...I was so grateful I ask if I could help her in any way....and did she know a good Baptist church around the area...LOL...Baptist was how I grew up, and still stuck in the mindset of doctrine, it was safe....So she suggested a church and welcomed my assistance with her paperwork..I volunteered...I get no money here in Australia, my husband does as he has been pensioned off, he can not work and we are together 24/7 due to his health...so here we are volunteering with this lady two days after meeting her..this man drives up to her place and gets out of a van and hands the keys to John (hubby)...we ask him what was this for?..who are you?..well he says..I am the Pastor of the church you are coming to Sunday, and here is the van to use, you are Grace Care Ministries..HUH...What the heck, you do not know me, and what the hell is Grace Care Ministries (American Redneck showing)...Grace Care is what you make of it, and you need a way to go...First encounter with someone that hears God's voice as clear as I do...He said God directed him to us and that was our ministry..scary..

Went we went to the church that first Sunday...I heard God cleary say..Welcome Home...How do you like your new family, I had been welcomed with open arms, the church is in a school gym..not my idea of church..(no name of the church, no pews)...well in worship this guy falls on the floor and is all over the place and I asked the Lord are you sure this is where you want me, I might better think about it and maybe try a new church next week...just heard quiet laughter....well to make a long story short...I am still in the church...loving all the gifts of the Spirit, after being Baptisted by the Holy Spirit...watching God grow my ministry, which is called Central Coast Outreach Services..God has taught me to see the Truth in His Words, to stand on His Words, to Believe His Words..He has taught me to Trust Him in all things..and He is faithful..He has taught me that LOVE is the most important thing in life...and to listen for He speaks and He hears the cries of His children and that He provides all things...to rejoice in all things, and to proclaim the Good News...He has taught me He is alive and waiting on us to find Him in a personal way and to have fun with Him...He has taught me that if it is not in His word, that it is a lie from Hell...and how to battle in the Spirit without the Georgia Redneck coming out and I think one of the most important things is how to forgive those that have hurt me in the past....How to live in FREEDOM..wahoo that is the most awesome part...I am free...

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
One of the biggest indicators for me that I didn't know The Father and His Son in my early years was, that everytime I opened up His Word to try and understand, all it did was confuse me.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Good topic Thankful 1.....Lets see, if I can answer that in a short post...

I have always known God as far back as I can remember, I have always talked with Him even after I left the church, and not in any relationship with Him at all, kinda like a genie in a bottle, the thing is if I ask He did it....He brought me to Australia about 8 years ago, and I firmly believe it was to really find Him..to find the heart to heart relationship..I rededicated my life to Him back in 97, He said I did not have to worry, He was my Father and would care for me..when I came to Australia for hoilday and to visit family, my hubby had a heart attack and the doctors said no flying for him, so here I am still today..I left everything I had at home, children (grown then) and grandchildren. I was here with nothing but the clothes I had brought for a holiday...in a church after about 3 months that was killing my spirit, I could feel myself dying inside, missing home and begging the doctors to let us leave Australia to go home...

God ask me one day when was I going to let Him take care of His children that He had given me..was stunned to hear His voice so clear...I turned my children and grandchildren over to Him then and there..We moved into a house closer to my husbands doctors out of a house owed by his family...no furniture, no nothing...met a lady that assited people with disabilities, she provide all I needed for the house...I was so grateful I ask if I could help her in any way....and did she know a good Baptist church around the area...LOL...Baptist was how I grew up, and still stuck in the mindset of doctrine, it was safe....So she suggested a church and welcomed my assistance with her paperwork..I volunteered...I get no money here in Australia, my husband does as he has been pensioned off, he can not work and we are together 24/7 due to his health...so here we are volunteering with this lady two days after meeting her..this man drives up to her place and gets out of a van and hands the keys to John (hubby)...we ask him what was this for?..who are you?..well he says..I am the Pastor of the church you are coming to Sunday, and here is the van to use, you are Grace Care Ministries..HUH...What the heck, you do not know me, and what the hell is Grace Care Ministries (American Redneck showing)...Grace Care is what you make of it, and you need a way to go...First encounter with someone that hears God's voice as clear as I do...He said God directed him to us and that was our ministry..scary..

Went we went to the church that first Sunday...I heard God cleary say..Welcome Home...How do you like your new family, I had been welcomed with open arms, the church is in a school gym..not my idea of church..(no name of the church, no pews)...well in worship this guy falls on the floor and is all over the place and I asked the Lord are you sure this is where you want me, I might better think about it and maybe try a new church next week...just heard quiet laughter....well to make a long story short...I am still in the church...loving all the gifts of the Spirit, after being Baptisted by the Holy Spirit...watching God grow my ministry, which is called Central Coast Outreach Services..God has taught me to see the Truth in His Words, to stand on His Words, to Believe His Words..He has taught me to Trust Him in all things..and He is faithful..He has taught me that LOVE is the most important thing in life...and to listen for He speaks and He hears the cries of His children and that He provides all things...to rejoice in all things, and to proclaim the Good News...He has taught me He is alive and waiting on us to find Him in a personal way and to have fun with Him...He has taught me that if it is not in His word, that it is a lie from Hell...and how to battle in the Spirit without the Georgia Redneck coming out and I think one of the most important things is how to forgive those that have hurt me in the past....How to live in FREEDOM..wahoo that is the most awesome part...I am free...
Thank you for your post. I have asked this question many times on a number of different forums, and you are the only one who has understood the difference of knowing who God is, and knowing God.

Well two people in one thread understand, I thank you also.
No matter how we are taught the things of God---whether through the reading of His word, or through anointed human teachers, everything we learn that is the truth of God comes only by His Spirit.

Well two people in one thread understand, I thank you also.