Who Uncovered The Nakedness Of Noah?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
all of the scriptures that you posted refer to "not to UNCOVER the nakedness"

nowhere in the noah/ham incident is that issue suggested.

noah was FOUND naked in the tent by ham. ham didnt UNCOVER his father's nakedness

i challenge you to present scripture evidence to substanciate otherwise.

Yes we are told not to uncover our fathers nakeness why what does that mean why are we told not to do it?
I didnt ask you to tell me what Ham did or didnt do I asked you to please tell me what the phrase uncover your father nakeness means in Lev. verses please tell me what it is we are not to do ... and what Lev. 20:19 says it is we are not to do

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
Yes we are told not to uncover our fathers nakeness why what does that mean why are we told not to do it?
I didnt ask you to tell me what Ham did or didnt do I asked you to please tell me what the phrase uncover your father nakeness means in Lev. verses please tell me what it is we are not to do ... and what Lev. 20:19 says it is we are not to do

YOU AND OTHERS HERE have said that "uncovering their nakedness" means having sex with them, but i interpret it to mean literally what it says "uncover their nakedness" which would entale removing their clothing and presenting their nakedness. the subject of this thread is that several have tried to tie the leviticus scripture to the reason for canaan's punishment. i dont make that comparison.

is that what you ask of me?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
YOU AND OTHERS HERE have said that "uncovering their nakedness" means having sex with them, but i interpret it to mean literally what it says "uncover their nakedness" which would entale removing their clothing and presenting their nakedness. the subject of this thread is that several have tried to tie the leviticus scripture to the reason for canaan's punishment. i dont make that comparison.

is that what you ask of me?

No this is what god says Im not asking what you think or what we said this is whast God says

8The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.
What is thy fathers nakedness ? to uncover his wife
now what doers this mean to uncover his wife

11'(J)If there is a man who lies with his father's wife, he has uncovered his father's nakedness; both of them shall surely be put to death, their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
So this is what the term means not what we say what God says

Now please show me the law that says if someone see's their father with no clothes on naked they would curse them or their offspring

considering they had been together in an Ark for some time ....That community baths would have been quite common, that they had no private bathroom suites but just an open area away from their camp ...Why would Noah have been so angry because his son saw him naked and where is your proof this was a sin ....

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
No this is what god says Im not asking what you think or what we said this is whast God says

8The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.
What is thy fathers nakedness ? to uncover his wife
now what doers this mean to uncover his wife

11'(J)If there is a man who lies with his father's wife, he has uncovered his father's nakedness; both of them shall surely be put to death, their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
So this is what the term means not what we say what God says

Now please show me the law that says if someone see's their father with no clothes on naked they would curse them or their offspring

considering they had been together in an Ark for some time ....That community baths would have been quite common, that they had no private bathroom suites but just an open area away from their camp ...Why would Noah have been so angry because his son saw him naked and where is your proof this was a sin ....

YOU SAID: Now please show me the law that says if someone see's their father with no clothes on naked they would curse them or their offspring
MY QUESTION EXACTLY where is it written that ham did any wrong?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
YOU SAID: Now please show me the law that says if someone see's their father with no clothes on naked they would curse them or their offspring
MY QUESTION EXACTLY where is it written that ham did any wrong?
You said he saw his father naked your words not mine Your quote " but i interpret it to mean literally what it says "uncover their nakedness" which would entale removing their clothing and presenting their nakedness"

so I see your just playing games not really intersted in what scripture says but just what you think suit yourself

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
You said he saw his father naked your words not mine Your quote " but i interpret it to mean literally what it says "uncover their nakedness" which would entale removing their clothing and presenting their nakedness"

so I see your just playing games not really intersted in what scripture says but just what you think suit yourself

I NEVER SAID THAT HAM UNCOVERED HIS FATHERS NAKEDNESS AND NEITHER DOES THE SCRIPTURE. (NOAH FELL ASLEEP NAKED). YOU ASKED ME ABOUT THE LEVITICUS SCRIPTURE.

THE TWO ARE WORDED DIFFERENTLY, HAVE DIFFERENT MEANINGS AND DO NOT APPLY TO ONE ANOTHER.

QUIT TRYING TO TAKE ONE TEXT OF MINE TO APPLY TO ANOTHER. CHEAP TRICK BUT LAIM.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
I believe God uses some places in His Word to give us practice in connecting dots so we can learn to use our minds when it comes to deeper truths. It's like little children first learn easy things and continue learning more difficult things. We start by entering shallow water and slowly work our way into deeper water. If a person is unable to think through shallow truths they will never be able to handle the deeper ones. It all comes with studying the Word of God. Knowing that all the answers are not on the surface, sometimes you need to dig a little and connect some dots. As you start digging God will show you more so you can difg even deeper.