Who wrote the bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many of us, are very curious about who the author of the Bible is? And when was this Bible written? Let's explore this topic with me.

Once all... of God's Word is studied and understood through Faith on Jesus Christ and gifted by The Holy Spirit, then it becomes obvious Who actually wrote The Bible.

2 Tim 3:16-17
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

Only an atheist, or one not given to understand God's written Word via The Holy Spirit would consider it is simply as a work by men, and not from God.

God's written Word is unlike any other known literature by man. It has perfect sequences and prophecies in it that have been proven to have come true much time after given (like David given to prophesy by The Holy Spirit about Christ's crucifixion in Psalms 22, about 1,000 years before it actually happened!)

So I get a little tired of those who keep trying to compare God's written Word to man's little notions of literature and fiction. Those only show they can't find their way out of a paper bag when it comes to understanding God's writings given via The Holy Spirit to His servants.

The 19th century Christian scholar, E.W. Bullinger, wrote a work called The Witness of the Stars. In it he documented scholarship about the real original names for the ancient 12 Zodiac constellations, and found their original names had been changed by pagans over the centuries. Their original names ALIGNED WITH GOD's WORD THE BIBLE. It means God's Word was written in the stars... before... it was given through man to write down in letters!

Now you secularists, try to explain that... with your ideas of man's literature and fiction books.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep in mind that Almighty God is the author of the Bible and the forty-prophets only penned it. Reference these scriptures. Exodus 17:14; 24:4; 34:27; Numbers 33:2; Deuteronomy 17:18; 18:18; 1 Samuel 10:25; Nehemiah 6:17; Isaiah 30:8; Jeremiah 1:4; 30:2; 36:2, 4, 28; 32:1; 45:1; 51:60; Ezekiel 1:1; 40:2; 43:11; Daniel 7:1; Hosea 1:1; 8:12; Joel 1:1; Jonah 1:1; Micah 1:1; Habakkuk 2:2; Zephaniah 1:1; Haggai 1:1; Zechariah 1:1; Revelation 1:11; 3:12; 14:13; 19:9; 21:5.

Reactions: Jim B

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God the Son our Lord Jesus is the Author and Finisher of our faith. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of Christ. He is the Living Word who was God and is God as per John 1:1

Jesus said the OT was about Himself

Luke 24:25-27
25 And He said to them, "O foolish men and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 " Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?" 27 Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.

John 5:39-40
39 "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Luke 24:44-45
44Now He said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled." 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,

Jesus said the Holy Spirit will bear witness of HIM

John 15:26
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. 27 And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

John 16:7-9
But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me

John 16:13-14
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 

Jesus said He only does what He hears and sees the Father doing.

John 5:17-20
 But He answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working.”

18 For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

19 Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner. 20 For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing;

John 12:49-50
For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. 50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
God the Son our Lord Jesus is the Author and Finisher of our faith. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of Christ. He is the Living Word who was God and is God as per John 1:1

Jesus said the OT was about Himself

Luke 24:25-27
25 And He said to them, "O foolish men and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 " Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?" 27 Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.

John 5:39-40
39 "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Luke 24:44-45
44Now He said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled." 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,

Jesus said the Holy Spirit will bear witness of HIM

John 15:26
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. 27 And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

John 16:7-9
But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me

John 16:13-14
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 

Jesus said He only does what He hears and sees the Father doing.

John 5:17-20
 But He answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working.”

18 For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

19 Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner. 20 For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing;

John 12:49-50
For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. 50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

hope this helps !!!
@Christophany Great verses there; the central theme of the written Word of God is indeed the living and eternal Word Himself!

Reactions: ChristisGod

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wrote the bible. And some people don't understand about supernatural realities. God/Jesus is a supernatural being, and not common with man.

Reactions: Jim B

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question becomes "Who?" wrote the Bible? Not one of the manuscripts has the authors name and date attached. We have copies of copies of copies as evidence. Even now we question the first original date of the Gospels....Dating is estimated to be 100 AD and beyond ....yet not one book in the New Testament says a word about the destruction of Jerusalem starting in 67Ad and finishing in 76AD when the surviving Jews were taken to Rome ....

The most likely is that the four Gospels were written in the lifetime of those who knew and witnessed the workings of Jesus on earth.

The question is not WHO (singular) wrote the Bible. It is WHO (All) wrote the Bible. (A little southern tossed in there.) ...

Ya'll come back now, ya hear?