WHOEVER relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches OTHERS to do the same

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not according to FOL. Nevertheless, let me assume that.
Please explain why my answer was not in accordance with FOL.

Now my next question: What makes you think that you have the Paraclete in you? Try to answer that precisely and according to FOL as much as possible. I know that you can't do it, but try anyway and stop overgeneralizing as your usual habit.
Ephesians 1:13-14 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee[d] of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Romans 8:1-17
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. 3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. 8 Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. 10 But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.

12 So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 19:3-8 KJV
3) And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
4) Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.
5) Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6) And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
7) And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
8) And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

The Law & Prophets are a covenant God made with Israel at Mt. Sinai, and specifically did not include Gentiles.

Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV
11) Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Much love!

Exodus 19:3-8 KJV
3) And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
4) Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.
5) Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6) And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
7) And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
8) And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

The Law & Prophets are a covenant God made with Israel at Mt. Sinai, and specifically did not include Gentiles.

Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV
11) Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Much love!
In Ephesians 2:19, through faith in Christ everything in Ephesians 2:11-12 is no longer true in that Gentiles are no longer strangers of aliens, but are fellow citizens of Israel along with the saints in the household of God.

Reactions: Cassandra

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please explain why my answer was not in accordance with FOL.
Show me my question and show me your answer. FOL requires precision and no jumping to conclusions. I don't think you understand the words precision and overgeneralization regarding FOL. For an example, see "Whoever is not with me is against me" vs "Whoever is not against you is for you". I prefer to argue with mathematical precision and you don't. That's why we are not communicating. You don't understand what I mean by precision and overgeneralization. BTW, I don't require everyone to argue like I do. So don't jump to conclusions about that as you do habitually.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Ephesians 2:19, through faith in Christ everything in Ephesians 2:11-12 is no longer true in that Gentiles are no longer strangers of aliens, but are fellow citizens of Israel along with the saints in the household of God.
Amen! And Hallelujah! Though we are still not included in their covenant, but through a new way, through Jesus Christ.

Much love!

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! And Hallelujah! Though we are still not included in their covenant, but through a new way, through Jesus Christ.

Much love!
Jesus spent his ministry teaching his followers to walk in God's way by word and by example, so he did not teach a new way.

Reactions: Cassandra

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me my question and show me your answer.
FOL requires precision and no jumping to conclusions. I don't think you understand the words precision and overgeneralization regarding FOL. For an example, see "Whoever is not with me is against me" vs "Whoever is not against you is for you". I prefer to argue with mathematical precision and you don't. That's why we are not communicating. You don't understand what I mean by precision and overgeneralization. BTW, I don't require everyone to argue like I do. So don't jump to conclusions about that as you do habitually.
Your binary question is in post #5 and my binary answer is in post #6. Go and read.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your binary question is in post #5 and my binary answer is in post #6. Go and read.
This reply is exactly what I meant by your habitually practicing imprecision in terms of FOL
Thanks for the reference. This is how to do referencing in a scholarly manner:
  1. Display and indent the quoted text.
  2. Selectively bold the relevant keywords that are important to the point that you are making. No need to bold the entire sentence. Have a laser-sharp focus.
  3. Be concise and precise to the point. No need to quote the entire post.
This is what I do for others who read my posts. It is a standard high-school scholarship. If you practice this, I guarantee you it will improve your analytical thinking. In any case, no one is required to do it.

FOL does not allow the kind of imprecision that is in your head. Such imprecision causes overgeneralization in your brain. If you wish to continue our communication. Please observe the basic standard scholarship.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This reply is exactly what I meant by your habitually practicing imprecision in terms of FOL
Thanks for the reference. This is how to do referencing in a scholarly manner:
  1. Display and indent the quoted text.
  2. Selectively bold the relevant keywords that are important to the point that you are making. No need to bold the entire sentence. Have a laser-sharp focus.
  3. Be concise and precise to the point. No need to quote the entire post.
This is what I do for others who read my posts. It is a standard high-school scholarship. If you practice this, I guarantee you it will improve your analytical thinking. In any case, no one is required to do it.

FOL does not allow the kind of imprecision that is in your head. Such imprecision causes overgeneralization in your brain. If you wish to continue our communication. Please observe the basic standard scholarship.
If you had read my post in the first place, then you would know that I gave a binary answer to your question and what that answer was, so you wouldn't need me to quote it for you, but because you have not read it, I am directing your to the post so that you will read it. I'm fully capable of giving a concise and precise quote, but on principle, I'm not going to support your laziness, pride, and dishonesty.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus spent his ministry teaching his followers to obey the Mosaic Law by word and by example, so Gentiles can decided whether or not to follow him, but Gentiles can't follow him by refusing to follow what he taught. Following what Jesus taught is not just for Jews, but for Gentiles too.
You need to remember that the earliest followers of Jesus were all Jews! Not gentiles. If you want to know how Gentile followers of Jesus need to live, you need to read the epistles of Paul. Jesus at first was announcing the kingdom had arrived (if Israel would receive it). Paul was the apostle to teh gentiles and he was given the gospel to the gentiles while peter was given the gospel to th eJews.
You are interpreting Acts 15 as essentially ruling that Gentiles shouldn't follow Christ. Do you think that Gentiles are free to do the things spoken against in Romans 1:28-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Galatians 5:19-21, and Titus 3:1-3? Do you think that Gentiles are not even required to obey the greatest two commandments? Sexual immorality covers laws like those against rape, incest, bestiality, homosexual sex, and adultery.
The MNosaic Law is no longer in effect. We do not do animal sacrifices anymore and that was part and parcel of the law. You just can't say I will obey these but not those. All 613 commands were one complete law given by God.

Paul in Galatians unambiguously declared we are no longer under the law and in Romans he told us Jesus is the end of the law for those who believe.

Paul also declared that those that wish to be under the law are under a curse. If that is where you wish to be- that is your issue, but not what the followers of Jesus are called to do.

Reactions: marks

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you had read my post in the first place
Now you are jumping to a kangaroo conclusion. You posings have been a series of imprecisions and overgeneralizations. It is a bad habit to interpret my words and the Bible that way.

If you don't think you have jumped to a kangaroo conclusion, then show me the logical steps of how you arrived at this conclusion.

Let me make a prediction. Your next reply will contain either imprecision or overgeneralization or both. it is a bad habit.

Last edited:

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you are jumping to a kangaroo conclusion. You posings have been a series of imprecisions and overgeneralizations. It is a bad habit to interpret my words and the Bible that way.

If you don't think you have jumped to a kangaroo conclusion, then show me the logical steps of how you arrived at this conclusion.
1.) I gave a binary answer in post #5.
2) If you had read my post, then you would know that I gave a binary answer in my post and what it was.
3.) If you knew what my answer was, then you won't not need me to quote it for you.
4.) If you knew what my answer was, then you would not have kept asking me to answer your question.
5.) Because you needed me to quote it for you and because you kept asking me to answer your question, you do not know what my answer.
4.) Therefore you have not read post #5.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1.) I gave a binary answer in post #5.
2) If you had read my post, then you would know that I gave a binary answer in my post and what it was.
3.) If you knew what my answer was, then you won't not need me to quote it for you.
4.) If you knew what my answer was, then you would not have kept asking me to answer your question.
5.) Because you needed me to quote it for you and because you kept asking me to answer your question, you do not know what my answer.
4.) Therefore you have not read post #5.
We are going around in circles. Let me try another way.

Let proposition P1 = I have the Paraclete in me.

Is P1 true when it is applied to you?

Please answer with yes or no and nothing else. Can you do this in order for us to continue this conversation in a meaningful manner?

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are going around in circles. Let me try another way.

Let proposition P1 = I have the Paraclete in me.

Is P1 true when it is applied to you?

Please answer with yes or no and nothing else. Can you do this in order for us to continue this conversation in a meaningful manner?
I have already given you a binary answer to that question in post #5, so if you want to know my answer, then you can read it in that post. If you refuse to read my answer, then that is on you, but it is dishonest to keep pretending like I haven't already given you a binary answer and is pride and laziness for you to refuse to read it, which I will not support.