WHOEVER relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches OTHERS to do the same

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mat 5:

17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Jesus was speaking to the Jews and the Jewish teachers.

19 Therefore whoever [Jewish teacher] relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others [other Jews] to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Paul and Peter did not tell the followers of Judaism to relax the Law or the Prophets. They wanted them to convert to Christianity by believing in Jesus and his fulfilling the OT.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 5:

Paul and Peter did not tell the followers of Judaism to relax the Law or the Prophets. They wanted them to convert to Christianity by believing in Jesus and his fulfilling the OT.
Christianity is about following Christ and the way to Christ is not by disregarding his warring against relaxing the least part of the law or teaching others to do that. The way to believe in Jesus is also not by rejecting what he taught.

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christianity is about following Christ
Right.

and the way to Christ is not by disregarding his warring
Please quote my words where I did. Read my writing carefully as I wrote it carefully. Stop overgeneralizing.

against relaxing the least part of the law or teaching others to do that. The way to believe in Jesus is also not by rejecting what he taught.
Please quote my words where I did. Read my writing carefully as I wrote it carefully. Stop overgeneralizing.

You have trouble with precision in your reading my words. Do you overgeneralize when you read the Bible?

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, the Mosiac Law is not destroyed but is annulled.
So then is it your position that Christians should follow the Mosaic Law and that we should not relax the least part of it or teach others to relax the least part of it?

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So then is it your position that Christians should follow the Mosaic Law
That's between the Christian and his indwelling Paraclete. I am not stopping anyone, Christian or not, to follow the Law.

and that we should not relax the least part of it or teach others to relax the least part of it?
Again, follow what the Paraclete tells you in your spirit.

Do you have the Paraclete in you? That's the important question.

Reactions: marks

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's between the Christian and his indwelling Paraclete. I am not stopping anyone, Christian or not, to follow the Law.

Again, follow what the Paraclete tells you in your spirit.

Do you have the Paraclete in you? That's the important question.
The issue of whether followers of God ought to follow God's law in accordance with Christ's example or whether followers of God should rebel against His law is not an issue that is up to someones indwelling Paraclete, but rather the Paraclete as the role of leading us to obey God's law (Ezekiel 36:26-27). Again, do you think that we should heed Christ's warning against relaxing the least part of the Mosaic Law or teaching others to relax the least part or do you think that we should ignore his warning? Indeed, I do have then Paraclete in me.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not communicating. Please focus if you are able.

Do you have the Paraclete in you? This is the 2nd time I have asked.
We are not communicating because you are ignoring my direct answers to your questions.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are not communicating because you are ignoring my direct answers to your questions.
We are still not communicating. You need to stop overgeneralizing and jumping to kangaroo conclusions.

Do you have the Paraclete in you?

This is the 3rd and the last time I have asked. This is a fundamental question for anyone who calls himself a Christian. Please answer it straightforwardly. Perhaps you don't call yourself a Christian. (Note that I am not accusing you. Don't jump to a kangaroo conclusion as you are habitually doing.)

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are still not communicating. You need to stop overgeneralizing and jumping to kangaroo conclusions.

This is the 3rd and the last time I have asked. This is a fundamental question for anyone who calls himself a Christian. Please answer it straightforwardly. Perhaps you don't call yourself a Christian. (Note that I am not accusing you. Don't jump to a kangaroo conclusion as you are habitually doing.)
I am not over generalizing or jumping to kangaroo conclusions. If you had read my post, then you would know that I have directly and straightforwardly answered your question instead of repeating the same question. I call myself a Christian because I follow Christ’s example of obedience to the Mosaic Law.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not over generalizing or jumping to kangaroo conclusions. If you had read my post, then you would know that I have directly and straightforwardly answered your question instead of repeating the same question. I call myself a Christian because I follow Christ’s example of obedience to the Mosaic Law.
At this point, you are jumping to the following kangaroo conclusion.

Premise: I call myself a Christian.

Conclusion: I have the Paraclete in me.

If you don't think you have jumped to a conclusion, then go ahead and show me the logical steps leading to that conclusion. I don't want to waste any more of my time. Show me the logic, step by step.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At this point, you are jumping to the following kangaroo conclusion.

Premise: I call myself a Christian.

Conclusion: I have the Paraclete in me.

If you don't think you have jumped to a conclusion, then go ahead and show me the logical steps leading to that conclusion. I don't want to waste any more of my time. Show me the logic, step by step.
I didn’t claim that I call myself a Christian, therefore I have the Paraclete in me, so I didn’t jump to any conclusions. You asked me a yes or no question about whether I the Paraclete in me, which I directly affirmed or denied. The Paraclete has the role of leading us to obey the Mosaic Law, so an indication that some has the Paraclete in them is if they are expressing the fruits of the Spirit in obedience to it in accordance with Christ’s example.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I didn’t claim that I call myself a Christian, therefore I have the Paraclete in me, so I didn’t jump to any conclusions. You asked me a yes or no question about whether I the Paraclete in me, which I directly affirmed or denied. The Paraclete has the role of leading us to obey the Mosaic Law, so an indication that some has the Paraclete in them is if they are expressing the fruits of the Spirit in obedience to it in accordance with Christ’s example.
Are you familiar with First-Order Logic?

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
an indication that some has the Paraclete in them is if they are expressing the fruits of the Spirit in obedience to it in accordance with Christ’s example.
True.

However, according to FOL, an indication is not a proof. It is only a piece of evidence.

Answer this question, yes or no. It is a simple binary question. It will improve our communication. Otherwise, there is no further purpose for our communication.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True.

However, according to FOL, an indication is not a proof. It is only a piece of evidence.

Answer this question, yes or no. It is a simple binary question. It will improve our communication. Otherwise, there is no further purpose for our communication.
I have already given you a binary answer. If you want to dishonestly act like I have not, then that is your choice, but I am not going to give any credence to your dishonesty by repeating my answer.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity is about following Christ and the way to Christ is not by disregarding his warring against relaxing the least part of the law or teaching others to do that. The way to believe in Jesus is also not by rejecting what he taught.
You have to keep things in their proper context. Jesus was talking to Jews and not gentiles. Remember to Paul, Jesus entrusted the gospel to the gentiles. At the Jerusalem counsel the elders in Jerusalem rejected 608 of the 613 Mosaic Laws for the gentiles to obey. Of all 613 Mosaic commandments God gave to Moses all are gone by virtue of being fulfilled in Jesus.

also the church has the NT commands (1008 of them) to show their righteousness not to gain righteousness.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 19:3-8 KJV
3) And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
4) Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.
5) Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6) And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
7) And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
8) And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

The Law & Prophets are a covenant God made with Israel at Mt. Sinai, and specifically did not include Gentiles.

Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV
11) Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Much love!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have already given you a binary answer.
Not according to FOL. Nevertheless, let me assume that.

Now my next question: What makes you think that you have the Paraclete in you? Try to answer that precisely and according to FOL as much as possible. I know that you can't do it, but try anyway and stop overgeneralizing as your usual habit.

Last edited:

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to keep things in their proper context. Jesus was talking to Jews and not gentiles.
Jesus spent his ministry teaching his followers to obey the Mosaic Law by word and by example, so Gentiles can decided whether or not to follow him, but Gentiles can't follow him by refusing to follow what he taught. Following what Jesus taught is not just for Jews, but for Gentiles too.

Remember to Paul, Jesus entrusted the gospel to the gentiles. At the Jerusalem counsel the elders in Jerusalem rejected 608 of the 613 Mosaic Laws for the gentiles to obey.
You are interpreting Acts 15 as essentially ruling that Gentiles shouldn't follow Christ. Do you think that Gentiles are free to do the things spoken against in Romans 1:28-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Galatians 5:19-21, and Titus 3:1-3? Do you think that Gentiles are not even required to obey the greatest two commandments? Sexual immorality covers laws like those against rape, incest, bestiality, homosexual sex, and adultery.

Of all 613 Mosaic commandments God gave to Moses all are gone by virtue of being fulfilled in Jesus.
In Matthew 5:17, Jesus said that he came to fulfill the law in contrast with saying that he came not to abolish the law, so you shouldn't interpret fulfilling the law as meaning the same thing as abolishing it. In Galatians 6:2, bearing one another's burdens fulfills the Law of Christ, yet you don't consistently interpret that as doing away with the Law of Christ.

also the church has the NT commands (1008 of them) to show their righteousness not to gain righteousness.
All of the commands in the NT are in accordance with what was commanded in the NT and none of the commands in the OT were commanded for the purpose of gaining righteousness.

Last edited: