Who's Winning: Adam Or Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Christ is winning for sure!

Yeppers
smile.gif

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Christ is the winner! At calvary he won the battle for mankind. You choose to loose or to win in Christ Jesus. Jesus has doen his part and it is 100% successful in cleaning and paying the price of sin for all people. you decide to accept Jesus or not. I choose to accept Christ Jesus my lord and saviour!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Christ is the winner! At calvary he won the battle for mankind. You choose to loose or to win in Christ Jesus. Jesus has doen his part and it is 100% successful in cleaning and paying the price of sin for all people. you decide to accept Jesus or not. I choose to accept Christ Jesus my lord and saviour!
According to Paul, Father reconciled all things back to Himself through Christ's death on the cross.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
What happens to those (MOST) who reject the terms of His offer of pardon?

Matthew 7:13-14 (NKJV)
[sup]13 [/sup]"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. [sup]14 [/sup]Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina

What happens to those (MOST) who reject the terms of His offer of pardon?

Matthew 7:13-14 (NKJV)
[sup]13 [/sup]"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. [sup]14 [/sup]Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

I don't like to say it but Hell happens to those who do not and refuse not to believe in Jesus Christ.

Job one

Jan 9, 2008
Western USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I strongly suspect that for God to pardon those like Satan and Adam who willfully and in full knowledge of the choice they are making, sin, it would be like setting a precedent for others to take lightly doing the same thing.

1 Timothy 2:14a "And Adam was not deceived ..." And neither was Satan. They made a conscious choice to see another way as better than the way that God had outlined for them.

So then, what about those to who Jesus said, "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. ..."? (John 8:44a)

I believe these ones do sin after the similitude of Adam. Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses,
even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come."

I believe that common sense says then that some of us do sin
"after the similitude of Adam's trangression."

I won't discuss it at length here, at least for now, but in the life of David we are enabled to see a clear picture of the type of sins God will and will not forgive. We are enabled to know that just as there is a sin that is "not unto [unpardonable] death", "there is a sin unto [unpardonable] death." (1 John 5:16)

I find in the many responses to the OP question, a wide variety of views and opinions. I suspect that many views are not encompassing a clear supported view and assessment.

Is it possible that Adam and Christ both won?

I would agree that Adam was not deceived.

I would agree that the effects of the fall brought mortality to all his posterity.

However this raises a few very big questions for all to reflect and consider.

What would have happened if Adam had not chosen to partake of the fruit?

If Adam had not partaken of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, then what would have been our fate?

God said that all that He planted in the garden was very good. The tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil were placed in the center of the garden.

If the tree of knowledge of good and evil and the tree of life were both placed there by God, then was God tempting Adam and Eve?

Are we to believe that if Adam and Eve had not eaten of that tree, that NONE of their posterity would have been tempted to eat thereof?

Last, but not least is the big question:

Why would an all wise God choose to send Lucifer and a third of the hosts of heaven that chose to follow him to this earth instead of sending them to another planet millions of light years away?

Feel free to answer one at a time or all the above questions at once.

TheWarIs1

Dec 11, 2009
Hi all!

Adam's disobedience led to condemnation of ALL mankind. He was 100 percent "successful" in polluting mankind.

What about Christ? Will He "get back" the 100 percent that Adam lost? Will He be as successful in saving mankind? Or is He falling short?

Blessings,
Brian
Chirst said he would not lose even one of those his Father gave him

Its done

Rom 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Rom 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Rom 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

There is the answer reiterated several times.

Job one

Jan 9, 2008
Western USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[To make it a little easier I will ask my questions one at a time.

What would have happened if Adam had not chosen to partake of the fruit?

Job one

Jan 9, 2008
Western USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahigherway, I would put it a little differently:

Adam was 100% successful in staining all mankind with sin..

Jesus was 100% successful in paying the penalty for the sin Adam put on all mankind.

Man alone is responsible for deciding whether to accept Jesus and do away with Adam's curse, or accepting Adam's curse and doing away with the price Christ has paid.

Out of curiosity, exactly what sin did Adam stain you or I with???

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
It seems like in Adam's case, all was well in the garden and there was only one tree he "must not choose" in order to remain in God's will. The wierd parallel seems to be how now we live in a debauched garden and there is only one tree we "must choose" in order to remain in God's will and partake of everlasting life.

Job one

Jan 9, 2008
Western USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear TheWarIs1 and martinlawrencescott,

Thanks for your great responses as quoted below:.

""It seems like in Adam's case, all was well in the garden and there was only one tree he "must not choose" in order to remain in God's will. The wierd parallel seems to be how now we live in a debauched garden and there is only one tree we "must choose" in order to remain in God's will and partake of everlasting life."

"We aren't told that but the Lord knew what they would do from the beginning.

All is going according to his plan "

I agree totally. The Lord indeed had a plan from the very beginning that was in place even before the foundations of this earth were laid. As the scriptures clearly teach, His plans and purposes never fail. He knows the end from the beginning.

I sometimes ask questions to get people to think and consider more fully, for instance, the delicate predicament that Adam was confronted with.

Eve had eaten of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and was destined to be cast out of the garden and Adam would have been left a lone man in the garden of Eden. Suppose the Lord had placed her 10,000 miles from the garden. Now observe that here in the garden stood Adam completely alone and his wife no where to be found.

What would you do if you were in Adam's predicament?

Adam understood that he was commanded by God to multiply and replenish the earth.

Adam also understood that he was commanded to remain with his wife and that they were "no longer twain, but one flesh".

We should observe and clearly understand that if Adam had refused to eat of the fruit, it would be obvious that he would not be able to fulfill and obey the first commandments.

So which would be the better choice?

If you were Adam and were faced with this predicament which would be the better of the two choices???

We should remember that either of the available choices would have profound consequences!

As one weighs all the options, we should keep in mind that the "Garden of Eden", as lovely as it was, was not Heaven.

We should also consider that had he chosen to remain in the garden that by so doing he would have frustrated God's plan in the beginning and made God a liar. For we must remember that the original plan included Christ as the savior and redeemer of ALL MANKIND. Adams body was not subject to death while in the garden. He was not at that point subject to the consequences of the fall and as such had not need for the blessings of the resurrection. Therefore had he chosen to not partake of the fruit then Christ could never have been the redeemer of ALL MANKIND.

Adam was not deceived.

There is no evidence that his decision was done in rebellion.

His choice allowed the fulfillment of the earlier commandments.

His choice allowed mortality to be introduced on this earth.

His choice deprived not one of his posterity of the opportunity of salvation.

His choice deprived not one of his posterity the God given power of agency.

His choice allowed God's plan for the Redeemer (who was chosen before the foundations of this world were laid) to come into full force and effect according to His divine plan.

In the end, we are truly punished for our own sins and not Adams transgression.

In the end we observe, that according to scripture, everyone who chooses to overcome will be privileged to: "partake of the tree of life"