Whosoever therefore shall break one of these...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is there such apprehension because God's Commandments are encouraged....what! is it impunity to breaking God's Law that is wanted?....I seem to think that is the case, besides, I do not know any Christian worth his salt who claims the Law will save them.

Nothing wrong with following God's laws (the ones still in effect that Jesus did not nail to His cross). But it's no longer just about keeping the letter of the law, but down to the spirit of them. The Holy Spirit is our Guide in that, and we are to listen to Him, because that is how God said He would write His laws in our minds and hearts per The New Covenant.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And no-one is suggesting we do or should. The question we should be asking is ate we saved while practising lawlessness?

I agree that our works should align with the good works of which there is no law against, which Apostle Paul preached in Galatians 5. If we do that, then we walk by The Spirit. But the main purpose for God's laws is to point to Christ Jesus and His Salvation without the law. This doesn't mean God's laws are dead today, but that the purpose today for God's laws are instituted because of the ungodly and the sinner, not the righteous (1 Timothy 1).

Also, not everything in God's laws are about judgments and punishments. There are many very helpful things that God shows us to do because of how He made His creation operate. This is the reason why there's still so many of those laws on the books today among the Christian nations. One such law is to not reap the corners of your field, but leave it for the poor. There's still some Christian areas that practice that.