Why are the 7 Churches in Revelation each greeted differently...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it the same thing? Jesus is doing the works of the Father using the Power given him.

Well I basically am saying that The Only True God Jehovah because he is the only creator and the source of all life, he deserves all praise and glory for those reasons. It is true that because his Only Begotten Son has always been faithful and obedient to him because of The Only Begotten Sons love for his Father and God, The Only True God Jehovah has given all authority to his son. Jehovah God has subjected all authorities, governments, Kings to his Only Begotten Son. The only one not subject to The Only Begotten Son is the Father and God of The Only Begotten Son, " Jehovah God." So when The Only Begotten Son does anything he does it in recognition of or in the name of The Only True God Jehovah who is his Father and God.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought Acts 1 said "a cloud hid Him"... not that it "transported" Him.

You really need to leave the idea of 'transport' out of it, because that idea is nowhere written there in Acts 1. That's something you tried to add.

The LORD appeared from Heaven in a cloud per the Old Testament, both literally and by vision (Ex.34:5; Dan.7:13). The Acts 1 Scripture speaks for itself, as we are shown Christ's Apostles were looking up at the heavens as Jesus ascended in a cloud. No mystery that is was a literal cloud in the sky, and no mistaking that He ascended off the earth into Heaven. The cloud was probably only a mask to represent the transition between dimensions.

Now if you want to get into the idea of God 'transporting' Himself between the Heavenly and earthly dimensions, then study Ezekiel 1 about the fiery chariot.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really need to leave the idea of 'transport' out of it, because that idea is nowhere written there in Acts 1. That's something you tried to add.

The LORD appeared from Heaven in a cloud per the Old Testament, both literally and by vision (Ex.34:5; Dan.7:13). The Acts 1 Scripture speaks for itself, as we are shown Christ's Apostles were looking up at the heavens as Jesus ascended in a cloud. No mystery that is was a literal cloud in the sky, and no mistaking that He ascended off the earth into Heaven. The cloud was probably only a mask to represent the transition between dimensions.

Now if you want to get into the idea of God 'transporting' Himself between the Heavenly and earthly dimensions, then study Ezekiel 1 about the fiery chariot.
Try going back and really reading my post. I was speaking against the foolishness of the idea that seemed to be developing of a cloud being Jesus' or God's means of transportation.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Chapter 1 all of the characteristics below are used to describe Jesus...but when addressing each church separately only 1 characteristic is used in the greeting to the church....and each church received a different one. WHY? Is there any significance to this?
Refer to Revelation 1:11-20

2:1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks

8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;

18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars;

7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

I don't believe this was done by mistake or happenstance. I believe there is a reason and am studying it as best I can. Anyone got an answer?

That is amazing! I never noticed that before, but have studied chapters 2 and 3 in depth! Thank you so much!!!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please share any knowledge you have gained in those chapters as well!

I wrote a book on it. There is too much to share in a post. In a nutshell, the letters to the seven churches is three-fold. 1. Those ancient particular churches. 2. Individuals down through church history of those types. 3. A prophecy of the seven church ages from the 1st century to the coming of the Lord. We have reached Philadelphia, and maybe Laodecia. If Laodecia, the second coming is right around the corner. Personally, I believe we are into Laodecia. The first 3 church ages happened but they do not go on to the end. Thyatira is the first church age that will continue to the end (RCC and Orthodox) and overlap the next three, and they will also overlap each other as different spiritual movements (Reformation/Sardis, Holiness/Philadelphia, and nominal Christians/Laodecia.)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wrote a book on it. There is too much to share in a post. In a nutshell, the letters to the seven churches is three-fold. 1. Those ancient particular churches. 2. Individuals down through church history of those types. 3. A prophecy of the seven church ages from the 1st century to the coming of the Lord. We have reached Philadelphia, and maybe Laodecia. If Laodecia, the second coming is right around the corner. Personally, I believe we are into Laodecia. The first 3 church ages happened but they do not go on to the end. Thyatira is the first church age that will continue to the end (RCC and Orthodox) and overlap the next three, and they will also overlap each other as different spiritual movements (Reformation/Sardis, Holiness/Philadelphia, and nominal Christians/Laodecia.)
I believe we are in Laodecia as well.... one of my posts way back I commented about that. And then I proposed that if that is the case then what comes next.....Harvest Time....gathering and separating.
I would love to read your book on this.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe we are in Laodecia as well.... one of my posts way back I commented about that. And then I proposed that if that is the case then what comes next.....Harvest Time....gathering and separating.

It was my first book and I couldn't find a publisher. It was huge - about 500 pages, so you see why I say it was too much to put into a post. But, at least, I learned a lot while I did research. Guess I needed to learn how to edit! LOL

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would warn against the so-called 'Church Ages' theories. A lot of money is being made from that idea which isn't actually a Bible doctrine at all, and is just theory from Dispensationalism.

For example, if such a doctrine were true, and today we are in a so-called Laodecian Church age, then that suggests the previous Messages represent Church ages already having been fulfilled. However, in all the previous Messages our Lord Jesus gave prophetic links to the day of His 2nd coming, which of course is still future to us. So how could those previous Church ages be over when that last day prophecy in them of His coming is yet to be fulfilled?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would warn against the so-called 'Church Ages' theories. A lot of money is being made from that idea which isn't actually a Bible doctrine at all, and is just theory from Dispensationalism.

For example, if such a doctrine were true, and today we are in a so-called Laodecian Church age, then that suggests the previous Messages represent Church ages already having been fulfilled. However, in all the previous Messages our Lord Jesus gave prophetic links to the day of His 2nd coming, which of course is still future to us. So how could those previous Church ages be over when that last day prophecy in them of His coming is yet to be fulfilled?
How long is an age? Could be 100 years? Could be a generation? Are we the generation that will not pass away until we see His return?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How long is an age? Could be 100 years? Could be a generation? Are we the generation that will not pass away until we see His return?

A quick answer can be found in Genesis. It is my understanding that Isaac was born at the beginning of the third age. Isaac was born in the year, 2049 AA, so the year 2048 is the last year of the second age. Dividing 2048 by 2 gives us the length of an age as 1,024 (solar) years long.

This is the way that I have reached this conclusion. Others may disagree with the calculation as to the year that Isaac was born, but from my research the year 2049 AA provides the best answer for the year that Isaac was born.

Shalom

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The definition of a Biblical 'age' (NT Greek aion) depends on other describers with it in context. In Matthew 24:3 the subject is about the end of this present world when Jesus returns. So it's referring to this present world time, from Genesis 1 to the end. In the majority of NT cases, Greek aion refers to this present world. The Englishman's Concordance is a great word study tool that will show you every Bible example of a word in the Bible manuscripts, so you can compare how the translators defined it into English. It uses Strong's numbers, which are based on Dr. James Strong's numbering of the words in the 1611 KJV Bible.

Are we the last generation? I personally believe so. Israel becoming a nation again in 1948 wasn't by chance, for God had promised He would bring Judah back to the land (along with others) and not take them out again. If there is not another foreign nation that attacks today's state of Israel and removes them all captive again, then that Jeremiah 24 prophecy will have been fulfilled in 1948. Jeremiah 24 is part of the parable of a fig tree that our Lord Jesus commanded us to learn in Matthew 24 and Mark 13.

One of the seven signs of the end Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse was that of wars and rumors of wars. But at the end of that He then said not to be troubled for those things must be, but the end is not yet. In other words, as long as there are wars and rumors of wars, then the end is not yet. In 1 Thessalonians 5, Apostle Paul showed that when the deceived say, "Peace and safety", then "sudden destruction" will come upon them. So the end is pointing to the great tribulation time. It will be a time of world peace, howbeit a fake peace. How close are we to that today, one should ask themselves? Pretty close in my opinion. The nations serving under the U.N. flag are in many countries today trying to put an end to Islamic terrorism, peace loving Muslims, and even our cold war enemy (Russia) helping in that. And the orthodox Jews in Jerusalem today already have the materials ready to build another temple in Jerusalem, which is a requirement for the "abomination of desolation" prophecy to take place.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I usually try to simply READ the Bible.... NOT read INTO it, things that are not there.
But... then sometimes as we read one verse the Holy Spirit in us directs us read another verse in another place in scripture, or even to a conclusion. Of course, sometimes people are led and don't know who or what is leading them. Jesus says that His sheep know His voice, but then comes the question of who are His sheep...?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Reading the bible is the first step. Understanding what is read is the step that most people fail at. Having the Holy Spirit as a guide to our understanding is helpful if we allow the Holy Spirit to operate in our lives to guide us through God's scriptures.

My experience is that the meaning jumps out at me unexpectedly, often after reading the same passage many times in isolation, when I discover other scriptural passages that fill in the missing pieces of the jigsaw.

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There is a sense in which the present age will end at the coming of the Lord Jesus for His people. So if we don't know exactly when this will be, hard to express it in years.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main trouble with finding something here and something there — the way we like to "discover" various numbers to add to other numbers, (with The Holy Spirit's guidance, of course) thus "proving" the end-times conclusions we have come up with...…… is that all the other people all down through history have been doing the very same thing to also "prove" that THEIR generation was actually the spoken-of, "Last Generation."

And then the REAL arrogance comes when we also swear the older generations got it all correct... and that is supposedly why we follow the Apostolic creeds they wrote, discarding any of this "new fangled Christianity"..... EXCEPT the revelation we "Chosen Ones" have been given that the whole book of Revelation was written almost exclusively for those of us living in what are finally the REAL End-times, the year 2019...
(and maybe a few years beyond, if we happened to have guessed a little wrong.)

Last edited: