Why are we here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the point of existence according to the Bible?

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia

To give glory to God, ultimately. I believe we do that by accepting the grace He offers us and then living a life that leads us closer to Christ, making the gospel known as we go.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Oh! Here's a good quote for this!!

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by enabling sinners to enjoy God without obscuring the glory of God." - John Piper

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
To be? Or not to be? That is the question. I think the answer is to be as God intends. To be any other way is simply not to be. To understand who we are we need to understand God who made us in His image. So I think one of our first purposes is to grow in understanding of who God is and who we are in relation to God. Our first examples are our parents and they are meant to teach us the ways of God.

However, we were born enemies of God, and many of us lack godly instruction when we are young, so reconciliation is one of our greatest purposes, and once we have been reconciled, to stay in fellowship and to assist God in reconciling the rest of humanity to himself. God is love and we are not, so in order to be as God intended, we need to be identified with His love, demonstrated in its greatest capacity when Christ, God's son, was given for us. By placing our faith in Christ is to unlock our potential for relationship with God, and our highest purpose is then to communally and perpetually continue in this relationship forever, which accomplishes an equal purpose of bringing God glory.

In order to fellowship with God we should be overcome with a desire to obey his commands which give us life. Our lives and everyday existence at this point have "purpose" and we can "be" as God intends.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia

I believe that we were created to be caretakers of the earth. If God has spiritual beings with responsibilities in Gods heavenly arrangement, then we can be confident that we were created in order to fulfill a role in his physical creation.

The command he gave to Adam and Eve was to fill the earth starting with the garden. In Gen 1:9 it says God settle him in the garden of E′den to cultivate it and to take care of it.

So we are earths caretakers. We are supposed to be turning the earth into a paradise like the garden of eden was...but we are not fulfilling our God given assignment because man fell into sin.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great posts! I am enjoying everyone's point of view.

I tend to believe that we were created to love. After the Fall, God decided to teach us about forgiveness - His heart, Jesus broke for us on the Cross and He forgave and now we are called to practice forgiveness as well. I believe forgiveness is the highest form of love.