Why believe some 15th. century little men and try to ignore the eternal Word of God??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why believe some 15th. century little men and then try to ignore the inspired(God breathed) eternal living Word of God??

All ""are"" called but none are forced!!!

All may choose to believe and accept the offer of Salvation...
All, Who so ever, any, everyone, may choose to believe and accept the offer of salvation as it is God's will that none perish but that all choose to believe and live! The offer of salvation through faith.

Salvation is a free gift is given to ""all "" who choose to believe. This belief results in eternal salvation: For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to ""all "" people.
Titus 2:11

For God so loved the world, that
He gave His only begotten Son, that ""whoever"" believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

For this is the will of My Father, that ""everyone"" who beholds the Son and
believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day." (John 6:40)

This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires ""all "" men to be saved and
and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Timothy 2:3-4)

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for ""any "" to perish but for ""all ""
to come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of ""all "" men, especially of believers. (1 Timothy
4:10)

For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to ""all "" men, (Titus 2:11)

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw ""all "" men to Myself." (John 12:32)

So then as through one
transgression there resulted condemnation to ""all "" men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to ""all "" men. (Romans 5:18)

For the death that He died, He
died to sin, once for ""all ""; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. (Romans 6:10)

For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ ""all "" shall be made alive. (1 Corinthians 15:22)

For the love of Christ
controls us, having concluded this, that one died for ""all "", therefore all died; and He died for ""all "", that they who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on
behalf. (2 Corinthians 5:15)

For it was fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens; who does not need daily, like
those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins, and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for ""all "" when He offered up Himself. (Hebrews 7:26-27)

But when
Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation; and not through
the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for ""all "", having obtained eternal redemption. (Hebrews 9:11-12)

By this will we have been sanctified
through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for ""all "". (Hebrews 10:10)

For Christ also died for sins once for ""all "", the just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God, having
been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; (1 Peter 3:18)

Reactions: Heislord

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why believe some 15th. century little men and then try to ignore the inspired(God breathed) eternal living Word of God??

Good question, why are they held in such high esteem. Why are their thoughts adopted as their own. Why does the Holy Spirit get put on the back burner while reading the scriptures. Some would say without their knowledge being passed onto you, you wouldn't have a clue what you were reading. I say hogwash. It is not their Word, it is His Word, and who is the Word? Only the Holy Spirit can reveal to you, personally, what you are reading between those 2 pieces of leather and if you can't understand it, ask Him to show you.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Good question, why are they held in such high esteem. Why are their thoughts adopted as their own. Why does the Holy Spirit get put on the back burner while reading the scriptures. Some would say without their knowledge being passed onto you, you wouldn't have a clue what you were reading. I say hogwash. It is not their Word, it is His Word, and who is the Word? Only the Holy Spirit can reveal to you, personally, what you are reading between those 2 pieces of leather and if you can't understand it, ask Him to show you.

trouble is many if not most have been doing exactly what you think you know or have particularly discovered and the results are division, confusion, divergence, differences and chaos etc - trouble is too many infallible spirit filled and inspired Popes - twinc

Reactions: Armadillo

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Go to the forum Christian Reddit and scroll up and down. Look at the manybasic questions about Christianity and Christian living.

There is massive ignorance of the bible, theology and how to apply such knowledge to daily life.

Why are men like Luther, Calvin so revered? Because God gave them the grace to find salvation and the ability to teach it to others.
If we can belittle their achievements, it is only because we stand on their shoulders using the freedom they won for us.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We dont need any man. You have no need of anyman to teach you. The Holy Ghost will teach YOU all things. God said.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We dont need any man. You have no need of anyman to teach you. The Holy Ghost will teach YOU all things. God said.

There is an expression that goes, ' He's busy re inventing the wheel!'
Meaning he is wasting his time trying to do what has already been done.
John 14:26
But the Advocate, the holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
Is what you are referring to. It is address to the disciples but applies to us.
What does that 'all things' mean, certainly not how to get qualifcations without studying.
In the same way does it mean teach you spiritual things you don't know.
I think it is best understoo with the next pharase. 'He will remind you of everything I have said to you.'
We read the bible, attend bible studies, listen to sermons and read theology/applogetics etc
Somewhere in what passes as our memory is what we have learnt and the Spirit will kick it to the fore front of our mind when we need it.
( yes there is supernatural knowledge given at Gods discression we are not to rely on that but are to be Gods work men approved as diligent workers.)

So please don't dispise the wisedom of those who have recorded their learning, rather test it does the spirit in you acknowledge the truth to be found or do you think it wise to start from scratch reading all that atheists say against Christianity?

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I dont, you are correct we do stand on the shoulders of them and go further. noe of them went as far as Paul but they could have. And so can we.