Why did God put humans on earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is sort of funny.
God though actually has a family. That also includes things in heaven and on earth.
Just like we hopefully love and care for our own, God does that too. We were created in His likeness.
[snip]
Since we are of His family, God provides for His own.

Beware the tail wagging the dog.
GOD (Father-Son-Spirit) is eternally and unchangingly complete before we existed and has no NEED for any outside thing. God is already FAMILY. WE are adopted and grafted into His Family by His grace. We are ultimately nothing more than wet clay ... whose immeasurable value comes from His love for US. We have value because God values us. We are His family because God chose to adopt us into His family. Innately, we are the same lump of dust of the ground that Adam started out as - without the breath of God, we are no more and no less than Adam started out.

Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit*, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit* is spirit*. Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind* blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit*." - [John 3:5-8]

*πνεῦμα pneûma, pnyoo'-mah; from G4154; a current of air, i.e. breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively, a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, demon, or (divine) God, Christ's spirit, the Holy Spirit:—ghost, life, spirit(-ual, -ually), mind. Compare G5590.​

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Beware the tail wagging the dog.
GOD (Father-Son-Spirit) is eternally and unchangingly complete before we existed and has no NEED for any outside thing. God is already FAMILY. WE are adopted and grafted into His Family by His grace. We are ultimately nothing more than wet clay ... whose immeasurable value comes from His love for US. We have value because God values us. We are His family because God chose to adopt us into His family. Innately, we are the same lump of dust of the ground that Adam started out as - without the breath of God, we are no more and no less than Adam started out.

Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit*, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit* is spirit*. Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind* blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit*." - [John 3:5-8]

*πνεῦμα pneûma, pnyoo'-mah; from G4154; a current of air, i.e. breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively, a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, demon, or (divine) God, Christ's spirit, the Holy Spirit:—ghost, life, spirit(-ual, -ually), mind. Compare G5590.​
Yes which is why we must become more than just wet clay, we must be born again of the Spirit of God, only then are we the family of God, and Christ seeks you out as one of the Lost Sheep, since you actually then belong to Him, and He saves His people from sin, the devil, this evil age.
You must be born again first to see the kingdom of God, John 3
But we who are born again, God foreknew as His own people, before our natural and spiritual births. God did not choose us in this present time, but before time began.
================================
2 Timothy 1:8-10
8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, 9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began, 10 but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since Christ represents the Kingdom of God to all people, unless you are first born again by the Spirit, you will never see the kingdom of God, meaning you will not believe in Christ unless first Born Again. You can not understand who Christ is and belive on Him in your heart.
===============================
3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
===============================

People do not get born again by the Spirit after seeing the kingdom of God, they are blinded in their minds by Satan and cannot see the glorious light of the gospel of Christ. 2 Corinthians 4

And this too. To live according to the Spirit means He has made you alive who were dead, spiritually alive, that only comes by being Born of God.
==============================================================
Romans 8
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps the earth is simply a 'Testing Ground' to sort out the human chaff from the wheat?
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize" (1 Corinthians 9:24)
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life.." (James 1:12)
"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" (2 Timothy 4:7)

Reactions: Lambano

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps the earth is simply a 'Testing Ground' to sort out the human chaff from the wheat?
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize" (1 Corinthians 9:24)
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life.." (James 1:12)
"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" (2 Timothy 4:7)

Yes, we must all overcome the world by our faith and not draw back from following Christ.

Luke 9:62
But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”
1 John 5:4
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
1 John 5:5
Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

And what happened to Lot's wife, she turned and looked back and God struck her and she becomes a pillar of salt.
Do not look back with longing for what God is destroying because of sin.

Jesus talking about the judgement of God and the end of the age here
Luke 17:31-33
31 “In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods are in the house, let him not come down to take them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back. 32 Remember Lot’s wife. 33 Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a simple question but perhaps CB members have various interesting opinions?
A follow-up question is- Where were we before we were put on earth?
So that we would survive. And, nowhere.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me rephrase my original question-
Why did God put his family on earth if they're already his and therefore saved?
Likewise, why did he put the others (non-family) on earth too?
That's a complex question.

Much love!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Read what happens, and notice the 'mixed multitude who were among them', notice how they stirred up the israelites against God to complain
And this is after all the great deliverance they had witnessed.
They were looking back to their life in Egypt and thinking how it was better.

Numbers 11

The People Complain
Now when the people complained, it displeased the Lord; for the Lord heard it, and His anger was aroused. So the fire of the Lord burned among them, and consumed some in the outskirts of the camp. 2 Then the people cried out to Moses, and when Moses prayed to the Lord, the fire was quenched. 3 So he called the name of the place Taberah, because the fire of the Lord had burned among them.

4 Now the mixed multitude who were among them yielded to intense craving; so the children of Israel also wept again and said: “Who will give us meat to eat? 5 We remember the fish which we ate freely in Egypt, the cucumbers, the melons, the leeks, the onions, and the garlic; 6 but now our whole being is dried up; there is nothing at all except this manna before our eyes!”

7 Now the manna was like coriander seed, and its color like the color of bdellium. 8 The people went about and gathered it, ground it on millstones or beat it in the mortar, cooked it in pans, and made cakes of it; and its taste was like the taste of pastry prepared with oil. 9 And when the dew fell on the camp in the night, the manna fell on it.

10 Then Moses heard the people weeping throughout their families, everyone at the door of his tent; and the anger of the Lord was greatly aroused; Moses also was displeased. 11 So Moses said to the Lord, “Why have You afflicted Your servant? And why have I not found favor in Your sight, that You have laid the burden of all these people on me? 12 Did I conceive all these people? Did I beget them, that You should say to me, ‘Carry them in your bosom, as a guardian carries a nursing child,’ to the land which You swore to their fathers? 13 Where am I to get meat to give to all these people? For they weep all over me, saying, ‘Give us meat, that we may eat.’ 14 I am not able to bear all these people alone, because the burden is too heavy for me. 15 If You treat me like this, please kill me here and now—if I have found favor in Your sight—and do not let me see my wretchedness!”

The Seventy Elders
16 So the Lord said to Moses: “Gather to Me seventy men of the elders of Israel, whom you know to be the elders of the people and officers over them; bring them to the tabernacle of meeting, that they may stand there with you. 17 Then I will come down and talk with you there. I will take of the Spirit that is upon you and will put the same upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with you, that you may not bear it yourself alone. 18 Then you shall say to the people, ‘Consecrate yourselves for tomorrow, and you shall eat meat; for you have wept in the hearing of the Lord, saying, “Who will give us meat to eat? For it was well with us in Egypt.” Therefore the Lord will give you meat, and you shall eat. 19 You shall eat, not one day, nor two days, nor five days, nor ten days, nor twenty days, 20 but for a whole month, until it comes out of your nostrils and becomes loathsome to you, because you have despised the Lord who is among you, and have wept before Him, saying, “Why did we ever come up out of Egypt?” ’ ”

21 And Moses said, “The people whom I am among are six hundred thousand men on foot; yet You have said, ‘I will give them meat, that they may eat for a whole month.’ 22 Shall flocks and herds be slaughtered for them, to provide enough for them? Or shall all the fish of the sea be gathered together for them, to provide enough for them?”

23 And the Lord said to Moses, “Has the Lord’s arm been shortened? Now you shall see whether what I say will happen to you or not.”

24 So Moses went out and told the people the words of the Lord, and he gathered the seventy men of the elders of the people and placed them around the tabernacle. 25 Then the Lord came down in the cloud, and spoke to him, and took of the Spirit that was upon him, and placed the same upon the seventy elders; and it happened, when the Spirit rested upon them, that they prophesied, although they never did so again.

26 But two men had remained in the camp: the name of one was Eldad, and the name of the other Medad. And the Spirit rested upon them. Now they were among those listed, but who had not gone out to the tabernacle; yet they prophesied in the camp. 27 And a young man ran and told Moses, and said, “Eldad and Medad are prophesying in the camp.”

28 So Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ assistant, one of his choice men, answered and said, “Moses my lord, forbid them!”

29 Then Moses said to him, “Are you zealous for my sake? Oh, that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put His Spirit upon them!” 30 And Moses returned to the camp, he and the elders of Israel.

The Lord Sends Quail
31 Now a wind went out from the Lord, and it brought quail from the sea and left them fluttering near the camp, about a day’s journey on this side and about a day’s journey on the other side, all around the camp, and about two cubits above the surface of the ground. 32 And the people stayed up all that day, all night, and all the next day, and gathered the quail (he who gathered least gathered ten homers); and they spread them out for themselves all around the camp. 33 But while the meat was still between their teeth, before it was chewed, the wrath of the Lord was aroused against the people, and the Lord struck the people with a very great plague. 34 So he called the name of that place Kibroth Hattaavah, because there they buried the people who had yielded to craving.

35 From Kibroth Hattaavah the people moved to Hazeroth, and camped at Hazeroth.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A follow-up question is why did God put humans on earth less than half a million years ago?
I mean, the earth was lush and fertile for literally many millions of years, so why didn't he put them on earth way back then?

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A follow-up question is why did God put humans on earth less than half a million years ago?
I mean, the earth was lush and fertile for literally many millions of years, so why didn't he put them on earth way back then?
He like to garden

Reactions: Lambano

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
[QUOTE="Dropship, post: 1431396, member: 20222"]It's a simple question but perhaps CB members have various interesting opinions?[/quote] The short answer is that the earth was created for humans. He made them a little lower than the angels, and then Adam and Eve messed up everything badly. See Psalm 8 for God's plan for humanity, which has now been transferred totally to Christ (Hebrews 2).

It is noteworthy that there is no other planet which can support plant, animal, and human life like the earth. As for all the worship of "Mother Earth" and all the climate nonsense and climate activism, that should be brought to an immediate end.
A follow-up question is- Where were we before we were put on earth?
In the mind of God. Don't buy all that Mormon nonsense.

Reactions: Dropship

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Dropship, post: 1431396, member: 20222"]It's a simple question but perhaps CB members have various interesting opinions?
The short answer is that the earth was created for humans. He made them a little lower than the angels, and then Adam and Eve messed up everything badly. See Psalm 8 for God's plan for humanity, which has now been transferred totally to Christ (Hebrews 2).

It is noteworthy that there is no other planet which can support plant, animal, and human life like the earth. As for all the worship of "Mother Earth" and all the climate nonsense and climate activism, that should be brought to an immediate end.
In the mind of God. Don't buy all that Mormon nonsense.[/QUOTE]

It would take a very long time to search the trillions of stars in the universe, to know for sure if there is no other habitable planet. God did stretched it out like a certain to dwell in probably another somewhere.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is fake news that the earth looks so ancient. When God created the earth, he made rocks. Rocks by their nature look and seem very ancient. God made old looking rock and structures. Sedimentary rocks with fossils can also develop quickly as during the flood. People find layers, those layers settle out of the water in bands, according to density, quickly, then due to the heat and pressures became rocks. People have found sea fossils on top the mountains. They claim this was once a sea and over the eons the mountains slowly raised up, however Noah's flood covered the entire earth, even mountains. Then there are examples of fossilized tree trunks still upright crossing thru many sedimentary layers. The great flood destroyed the earth that then was, and God reformed it to be different. The earth was formed by catastrophism, not uniformitarianism.

The grand canyon held an inland sea after the flood, and the sea broke thru the land and the rushing waters formed the entire thing. No river through eons of time cut thru the dirt, mud, rock.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hebrews 4:4
For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”;

The sabbath day is an important day. It also signifies when you observe a sabbath day that God made the heavens and earth in 6 days.
Evolutionists have no use for such a thing. It is meaningless to them. the sabbath day remains an important day for Jews and Christians.

Exodus 20:11
For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Exodus 31:17
It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”