Why did Jesus not say explicitly that he was God in the Gospels?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The child will inherit the traits of the parent. his Father is God so he will be as well but he is still not his Father.
Being GOD is not belonging to a race or a family, like having a family last name ... nor it is an essence.

GOD is a position and Deity is what belongs exclusively to GOD, as his unique qualities as Creator.

"Divinity" is the spirit nature... power over others is related to it.

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Being GOD is not belonging to a race or a family, like having a family last name ... nor it is an essence.

GOD is a position and Deity is what belongs exclusively to GOD, as his unique qualities as Creator.

"Divinity" is the spirit nature... power over others is related to it.
No one denies that Jesus had divinity, But to do his work he had to become man.

Mat 8:20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

Now did Jesus say that about himself or did he not ? also where was God the Father when Jesus was walking this earth.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one denies that Jesus had divinity, But to do his work he had to become man.
Jesus only had/has divinity being a spirit in heavens which does not mean that it is GOD.
In heaven no creature that exists in spirit form considers Jesus as their GOD.

Rev. 5:9 And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”
Now did Jesus say that about himself or did he not ? also where was God the Father when Jesus was walking this earth.
In the Bible we have testimonies of God's statements about Jesus:

Luke 9:35 And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him.”

Peter said after that:

2 Pet. 1:17 For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when words such as these were borne to him by the magnificent glory: “This is my son, my beloved, whom I myself have approved.” 18 Yes, these words we heard borne from heaven while we were with him in the holy mountain.

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus only had/has divinity being a spirit in heavens which does not mean that it is GOD.
In heaven no creature that exists in spirit form considers Jesus as their GOD.

Rev. 5:9 And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”

In the Bible we have testimonies of God's statements about Jesus:

Luke 9:35 And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him.”

Peter said after that:

2 Pet. 1:17 For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when words such as these were borne to him by the magnificent glory: “This is my son, my beloved, whom I myself have approved.” 18 Yes, these words we heard borne from heaven while we were with him in the holy mountain.
You are basically saying the same as me but in your style.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats basically it.
Consider this: If Jesus has someone he calls GOD (Rev. 3:12; John 20:17), then he cannot be in the Supreme position of the Universe. Likewise, if Jesus was exalted to a position that he did not have before (Phil. 2:9; Eph. 1:20,21), it is because that One who exalted him is superior to him.

Trinitarians should ask themselves why Jesus taught about a God superior to him, and if they have ever thought about the superiority of that God.

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Consider this: If Jesus has someone he calls GOD (Rev. 3:12; John 20:17), then he cannot be in the Supreme position of the Universe. Likewise, if Jesus was exalted to a position that he did not have before (Phil. 2:9; Eph. 1:20,21), it is because that One who exalted him is superior to him.

Trinitarians should ask themselves why Jesus taught about a God superior to him, and if they have ever thought about the superiority of that God.
Its all quite obvious but for some reason there are so many that cast all logic aside. They seem to go all religious and embrace the absurd.

Think of it this way, God is the author of physics and the laws of nature. The study of science is really just back engineering Gods technology. If you want to get some idea of what God thinks then just study physics.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its all quite obvious but for some reason there are so many that cast all logic aside. They seem to go all religious and embrace the absurd.

Think of it this way, God is the author of physics and the laws of nature. The study of science is really just back engineering Gods technology. If you want to get some idea of what God thinks then just study physics.
Agree.

Imagine thinking:

one equals three,
beginning means forever,
firstborn means eternal,
dead is alive somewhere else,
first is chief,

... etc. Those are signs of a broken mind.

• Haha
Reactions: Traveler