Why did the women want to anoint the body of Jesus after the burial?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Words are cheap.

Let proposition P1 = The women went to Jesus' tomb to anoint his body.
P2 = They had no intention to anoint Jesus' body.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight. The betting odds will be based on your weighting scheme.

This is not a lotto/gambling bet. This is a wager to mathematically and scientifically measure the strength of your belief. Put money where your mouth is. If you are interested in mathematically finding out the strength of your belief, then tell me those two weights. See Subjective (Bayesian) Probability and betting.

You can say you are 100% sure the earth is flat. Words are cheap unless you are willing to wager on it.

This is the second time I have asked.

I have already explained in detail that I am not going with P1 or P2. No wager and no weight.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Dear Friend,

Have you gathered that the LORD laid down His Life on Pesach/Passover ???
1 minute ago#298

CGE:

I just LOVE this. This shows, reveals, proves and confirms the grand sum total of your ethical, mental and Scriptural grounding, capability, achievement and integrity.
O, how I love his kind of whit!

It proves just what I say the more,

That if one has no Sword to settle score,

To impress, with foam and slob he seizes fit.

This is becoming my standard final reply to the insult sure to be received from the incompetent.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 minute ago#298

CGE:

I just LOVE this. This shows, reveals, proves and confirms the grand sum total of your ethical, mental and Scriptural grounding, capability, achievement and integrity.

It proves just what I say the more,

That if one has no Sword to settle score,

To impress, with foam and slob he seizes fit.

This is becoming my standard final reply to the insult sure to be received from the incompetent.
@GerhardEbersoehn says to @David in NJ = "I just LOVE this. This shows, reveals, proves and confirms the grand sum total of your ethical, mental and Scriptural grounding, capability, achievement and integrity.

ME TOO!!!

My Heavenly FATHER infused in me His WHIT. - Gospel of John

"If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you."

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
ME TOO!!!

My Heavenly FATHER infused in me His WHIT. - Gospel of John

"If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you."
O how I despise his lack of whit

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
O how I despise his lack of whit
Yeah, God laughs at the whit of men............

Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

The Moral of the Story = You can be 'whitless' or in Christ you can be a 'Witness'

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn