Why didn't Jesus write any manuscript directly himself?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God wrote the Ten Commandments on tablets of stone. We don't have them now.

Jesus spent his time proclaiming the gospel, healing the sick, performing miracles, and interacting with people in real-time. In the end, he died on the cross. He was a man of action.

Jesus cried out and said in John 12:

48 "The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day. 49 For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment—what to say and what to speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told me.”
Jesus had a speaking ministry. He spoke for God. It was not a writing ministry. He left that to his witnesses. Even if Jesus had written a book, there was no guarantee that his writing would be preserved perfectly over the millennia. God inspired the apostles to write the original manuscripts. God used fallible copyists to transmit the records.

Reactions: Cassandra

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus had written a gospel Personally....it would be holy....
Currently, Archeologists are pouring over every stone in Sepphoris to look for any stone that Jesus might have signed as proof of work to his foreman so he could get his pay. They are looking for it because "God carved this stone"....
It really would be his....no different than God's Mercy Seat on top of the Ark of the Covenant.
So....personally I don't think a stone will be found.

Reactions: Lambano

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus had written a gospel Personally....it would be holy....
Currently, Archeologists are pouring over every stone in Sepphoris to look for any stone that Jesus might have signed as proof of work to his foreman so he could get his pay. They are looking for it because "God carved this stone"....
It really would be his....no different than God's Mercy Seat on top of the Ark of the Covenant.
So....personally I don't think a stone will be found.
I'm sure that somebody will turn up with one :Broadly:

• Haha

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why didn't Jesus write any manuscript directly himself?​

We'd probably just turn it into an idol anyway.

2 Kings 18:4 said:
He removed the high places and smashed the memorial stones to pieces, and cut down the Asherah. He also crushed to pieces the bronze serpent that Moses had made, for until those days the sons of Israel had been burning incense to it; and it was called Nehushtan.

Which brings up another question: Did Moses or God write the 10 commandments on the SECOND set of tablets? (Moses smashed the first set of tablets back in Exodus 32:19.)

Exodus 34:27-28 said:
27 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” 28 So he was there with the Lord for forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water. And he (He?) wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

Reactions: TonyChanYT

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did Moses or God write the 10 commandments on the SECOND set of tablets?
Yes, Exodus 34:1 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Chisel out two stone tablets like the originals, and I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke."

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Exodus 34:1 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Chisel out two stone tablets like the originals, and I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke."
Ah, but in verse 27, God tells Moses to write down the Words of the Covenant.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why didn't Jesus write any manuscript directly himself?​

We'd probably just turn it into an idol anyway.

Which brings up another question: Did Moses or God write the 10 commandments on the SECOND set of tablets? (Moses smashed the first set of tablets back in Exodus 32:19.)
Deut 09:1-4At that time the Lord said to me , “Hew for yourself two tablets of stone like the first, and come up to Me on the mountain and make yourself an ark of wood. And I will write on the tablets the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke; and you shall put them in the ark.” So I [Moses] made an ark of acacia wood, hewed two tablets of stone like the first, and went up the mountain, having the two tablets in my hand. And He wrote on the tablets according to the first writing, the Ten Commandments, which the Lord had spoken to you in the mountain from the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly; and the Lord gave them to me

Moses wrote the handwriting or ordinances--the ceremonial laws, etc. He hewn the stone, and God wrote the 10 commandments down again.

"Which you broke"is the identifier

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wrote the Ten Commandments on tablets of stone. We don't have them now.

Jesus spent his time proclaiming the gospel, healing the sick, performing miracles, and interacting with people in real-time. In the end, he died on the cross. He was a man of action.

Jesus cried out and said in John 12:

Jesus had a speaking ministry. He spoke for God. It was not a writing ministry. He left that to his witnesses. Even if Jesus had written a book, there was no guarantee that his writing would be preserved perfectly over the millennia. God inspired the apostles to write the original manuscripts. God used fallible copyists to transmit the records.
Maybe he was too busy?

• Haha