Who will do the judging/condemning in the end?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 5:

22 For the Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son.
27 And he [Father] has given him [Son] authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man.
The Son is in charge of the final judgment instead of the Father.

John 12:

47 If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him
i.e., in person

for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words [G4487 rhema] has a judge; the word [G3056 logos] that I have spoken will judge him on the last day. 49 For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment—what to say and what to speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told me.”
The Father uses the Son as his mouthpiece to speak words of judgment. Jesus does not judge the wicked in person himself, but his word (Logos) will judge the wicked directly. There is a fine semantic line between judgment by Jesus himself and judgment by the word of Jesus. In the latter, the Word is activated.

Who will judge/condemn in the end?

The Logos who represents Jesus, who represents the Father, will do the final condemnation.