Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Reject Blood Transfusions?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True but they are indoctrinated to not see such overbearing unbiblical restrictions. they are ruled by Pharisee like rulers who make up all sorts of rules. Like th eSabbath. The commandment is simple, but in Jesus day, there were over 600 added commands to the simple sabbath command that bound Jews with heavy heavy burdens.
And had Jesus breaking the Sabbath by healing a man on the Sabbath.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would have you relieved and arrested

What branch, rank and PMOS and what theater/OP(s) if I may?

That begs the question, exactly what military were you in? I was US Army.

No, that "direct order" must be LAWFUL in order to be obeyed ( which is why I asked what "law" UCMJ and AR's covered what you were claiming which by the way you have yet to give)

This is ABSURD

You said it and i fully agree on that point.
I would have you relieved and arrested

If you were higher in command, you could do so, and I would answer for myself. And if I had let the soldier die, then no doubt you would have given me a commendation for religious tolerance. Which is why I avoided such as you, whenever I could. And still do.

Which is why I'm not volunteering any details about my career nor myself. You don't rate.

No, that "direct order" must be LAWFUL in order to be obeyed

Every soldier has right to refuse what they believed to be an unlawful order, which were usually fairly obvious. Yet still, they risked court-martial if disobeying a direct order that had been judged lawful.

As in every law, code, or operations plan, there is interpretation. The commander is to make a command decision based on his interpretation to carry out the order and mission. And the American soldier has always been special, in that they too could question orders, if they believed them to be unlawful and deadly foolish.

"Suicidal efforts are punishable. Refusing life-saving medical procedures is suicidal. And preventing suicide outweighs any right to religious belief. I would also seek psychological discharge for you."
This is ABSURD

You would let a soldier kill himself in a moment of extremity. That is absurd. And while you're arresting me, the soldier goes on to live another day and possibly rethink their foolishness.

And if you agree with this anti-transfusion radicals, then that explains why your view of command is so absurd.

So don't tell me who or what you were. I want to keep thinking I never knew you.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if that is your personal conviction, that is fine. but to say it is an all encompassing command from god that no human should receive a transfusion- that is ludicrous.

You should also know that many reputable and well established koine greek scholars believe that blood here is actually "blood guilt" or murder. The reason is that things strangled were the only meats which retained blood. and drinking of blood by this time in history was reserved mostly for p[agan priests and prietesses.

Like I said, if you believe you shouldn't transfuse- then don't. but to say anyone who does is committing sin based on vague philosophical connections to refraining from blood as one would refrain from immorality places you as a Pharisee.

What people choose to believe is their choice. It was God who told his servants that it was forbidden for humans to eat the blood of animals. It was God who said why it was forbidden, that reason being that the life of the animal is in it's blood and that life has been put on the altar. So life is precious and holy to God and these animal lives that were sacrificed for people were a foreshadow of the greater sacrifice to come, God's Only Begotten Son who's life was in his blood and was and is so much more precious and holy to God. Human blood is to be abstained from with equal commitment as you would abstain from all forms of sexual immorality. As I said those who are not truly committed to abstaining from all forms of sexual immorality will most likely not be committed in abstaining from blood either.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah Witnesses accept and seek out Medical Advice. It's the blood foreign to the Body of Christ that Jehovah Witnesses reject and for good reason. True Christians who exercise faith in the Living Blood of Christ will survive that Last Days and 'are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.'(Rev 7:14)

Medical Alternatives to Blood Transfusions
Medical Information for Clinicians

Many who are not JW's ask Doctors and Hospitals to be treated in the same manner of JW's because their conscience bear witness not to partake of Blood outside the Body of Christ.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah Witnesses accept and seek out Medical Advice. It's the blood foreign to the Body of Christ that Jehovah Witnesses reject and for good reason. True Christians who exercise faith in the Living Blood of Christ will survive that Last Days and 'are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.'(Rev 7:14)

Medical Alternatives to Blood Transfusions
Medical Information for Clinicians

Many who are not JW's ask Doctors and Hospitals to be treated in the same manner of JW's because their conscience bear witness not to partake of Blood outside the Body of Christ.
So, do you drink the blood of the Jesus as He commands we must, if we are to have life in Him?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have known cult leaders who would always say exactly what you did, with the idea that there is only one interpretation of Scripture, and their's was always the right one.

And I know righteous pastors who say the exact same thing I just said. Scripture isn't open to interpretation, but acceptance.

When there is no clear right or wrong- then individuals decide bassed on their conscience before God. That is the exact opposite of a cult leader. Thery demand control not individual liberty.

The Scripture says no prophecy of Scripture: no preaching or ministering of Scripture is to be of any private interpretation.

There are several private interpretations of Scripture: the scripture says no drunkard shall inherit the kingdom of God. Therefore, a private interpretation could be no drinking at all, moderate drinking without drunkenness, or medicinal and health as Paul told Timothy, which was a common practise in foreign lands.

No that is you mishandlong the Scripture based on just a reading of the English!

Jesus drank wine all the time. People in that region drank wine all the time! That is not private interpretation but fact.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, the believer by personal faith can do any of the three, but then going on to preach their personal rule as Scripture, as law of Christ, such as 'thou shalt not drink', then thy make themselves false teachers of their own private interpretation: falsely teaching from their own mind, which is what Moses declared he had not done:

Well teh three you mentioned are not private interpretations. But if a person says don't drink any alcohol at all, that is what is the private interpretation.

So, in this case, if someone wants to be insane enough to forbid themselves blood transfusion, then so be it. And only a false minister would then go on to preach it for law of God.

I would not consider them insane. But if they preach it as a command from God for all- then they are bearing false witness.

The law of Christ certainly isn't kept by all people, but neither does it look strangely odd and ridiculous to the average sinner.

The law of Christ is riiculed by so so many. Smite on one cheek, offer the next? People call that crazy for the most part!

So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Ezra gave the proper normal sense of the scripture. IF someone give something that is nonsense from scripture, then you can be sure it isn't rightly dividing the word of truth.

The God of the Bible is the God of common sense.

If He were the god of common sense- the world would be a much better place to live!

But as it says in proverbs:

roverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Man is fallen and common sense has fallen with us!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What people choose to believe is their choice. It was God who told his servants that it was forbidden for humans to eat the blood of animals. It was God who said why it was forbidden, that reason being that the life of the animal is in it's blood and that life has been put on the altar. So life is precious and holy to God and these animal lives that were sacrificed for people were a foreshadow of the greater sacrifice to come, God's Only Begotten Son who's life was in his blood and was and is so much more precious and holy to God. Human blood is to be abstained from with equal commitment as you would abstain from all forms of sexual immorality. As I said those who are not truly committed to abstaining from all forms of sexual immorality will most likely not be committed in abstaining from blood either.

whatever ffloats your boat. but to call transfusions a sin, I will call it what it is- False teaching! I do not eat blood when I get a transfusion.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well teh three you mentioned are not private interpretations. But if a person says don't drink any alcohol at all, that is what is the private interpretation.

I would not consider them insane. But if they preach it as a command from God for all- then they are bearing false witness.

The law of Christ is riiculed by so so many. Smite on one cheek, offer the next? People call that crazy for the most part!

If He were the god of common sense- the world would be a much better place to live!

But as it says in proverbs:

roverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Man is fallen and common sense has fallen with us!
But if a person says don't drink any alcohol at all, that is what is the private interpretation.

So, we disagree. When someone chooses to believe something for themselves, that is the private interpretation and application of scripture. When they preach it for doctrine of god, that is false teaching of a private interpretation. In any case, we agree to keep our own rules to ourselves for our own good, and not them preach them at others to obey also.

There is no god of common sense. The devil has never done anything good, productive, and wise.

Man is fallen. Not common sense. Fallen man is often guilty of having no common sense, especially them that preach things that make absolutely no sense at all.

By common sense, I refer to that ability to make sense of what is obvious, and apply it properly for good success, including that of Scripture:

So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Some call it natural good sense: the God of nature is the God of naturally good common sense, that all men, sinners and saints alike, may partake of:

Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets: She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words.

When the believers display a lack of such common sense wisdom, that all men are lightened by Christ with, when they come into the world as sinners (John 1:9), that is when Jesus said the children of this world showed more sense than the children of the kingdom of God:

And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

It doesn't save anyone's soul by displaying common sense wisdom, but it is available for all to hear and apply for themselves, and it is from God in heaven.

Afterall, God still so loves the word, that He offers His wisdom to all, even if they reject the wisdom of Scripture to be saved.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
whatever ffloats your boat. but to call transfusions a sin, I will call it what it is- False teaching! I do not eat blood when I get a transfusion.
Neither do you commit fornication.

I wonder how many great and mighty non-transfusers commit fornication.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And that's why you have No Understanding. Only a person who rejects the Blood of Christ, seeks to save his life by other means. "For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Matthew 16:25)

Teaching of the Holy Spirit:
  • "Abstain . . . from blood. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (Acts 15:28-29)
  • "For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come." (Matthew 12:32)

Such ones who have spoken ageist Holy Spirit have No Understanding. You can Claim Holy Spirit is Church Doctrine all day long but that doesn't make it so. (Daniel 12:10)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, we disagree. When someone chooses to believe something for themselves, that is the private interpretation and application of scripture. When they preach it for doctrine of god, that is false teaching of a private interpretation. In any case, we agree to keep our own rules to ourselves for our own good, and not them preach them at others to obey also.

that is not what is written. If a person feels convicted to abstain personally, that is their right before God!

Romans 14
King James Version

14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's why you have No Understanding. Only a person who rejects the Blood of Christ, seeks to save his life by other means. "For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Matthew 16:25)

Teaching of the Holy Spirit:
  • "Abstain . . . from blood. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (Acts 15:28-29)
  • "For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come." (Matthew 12:32)
Such ones who have spoken ageist Holy Spirit have No Understanding. You can Claim Holy Spirit is Church Doctrine all day long but that doesn't make it so. (Daniel 12:10)

Well as I cherish and accept teh Blo9od of Christ your whole point is moot and irrelavent!

Notice th eteaching of the Holy Spirit is you will do well or prosper. Not if you abstain you won't sin!

And y9u can claim that anyone who takes a blood transfusion god rejects all day long and that is certainly not so!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as I cherish and accept teh Blo9od of Christ your whole point is moot and irrelavent!

Notice th eteaching of the Holy Spirit is you will do well or prosper. Not if you abstain you won't sin!

And y9u can claim that anyone who takes a blood transfusion god rejects all day long and that is certainly not so!

Now you are just chanting gibberish without scripture...... That was expected. It's not like all of sudden you will gain understanding... it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come." (Matthew 12:32)

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I will say the way it actually is, and that's you're a weed calling the truth false and what is false you call the truth.

You got it... he's not a goat... but rather those who are being bundled up by the angels... the angels are the reapers... AS the Last Days come to their conclusion... (Notice the following scripture)

Malachi 3:18
And you will again see the distinction between a righteous person and a wicked person, between one serving God and one not serving him.”

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ronald Colette said:
Well I cherish and accept the Blood of Christ your whole point is moot and irrelevant!

Notice the teaching of the Holy Spirit is you will do well or prosper. Not if you abstain you won't sin![/Quote\]

Yes, you will do well. Don't you think that agreeing and going along with God's Holy Spirit to be doing well? That scripture at Acts says, The Holy Spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper.” Now this scripture isn't any man's opinion, the Holy Spirit was in agreement with what was said at Acts 15:28,29. This scripture in the Bible isn't teaching anyone won't ever sin, that you won't ever make a mistake it's simply telling you that if you put into practice abstaining from things that belong to idols, and from blood and fornication you will do well at being the person of faith the True God wants you to be. God doesn't want you to have anything to do with idols or adultery he wants people who say they're his servants to abstain from these things. The True God wants people to abstain from blood including human blood because the Holy Spirit says it's just as necessary to abstain from blood as a man of God would abstain from idols and fornication.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got it... he's not a goat... but rather those who are being bundled up by the angels... the angels are the reapers... AS the Last Days come to their conclusion... (Notice the following scripture)

Malachi 3:18
And you will again see the distinction between a righteous person and a wicked person, between one serving God and one not serving him.”

I think God has excellent timing, because I was at one time long ago going to baptists and pentecostal churches and seen things that didn't seem scriptural to me and then one day the witnesses were at my door and left the book live forever on Paradise Earth I got hook on that book which had scripture in it that showed that the book was in keeping with God's word. I began going to the meetings the next Sunday after reading the book which one took me a few days.