Why do people say this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
What do people mean when they say " You are hiding behind God?" I never really truly understood it .I was always taught that you are suppose to turn to God for all things in your life . Mathew 6:33 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.~~~~When you put God first , things always turn out better. You have to trust that He will work it out ! Sounds like they are trying to stop your faith In God? Well I have news for them , I love God and plan to keep him in my heart and trust him for the rest of my life.
smile.gif
:grouphug:

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
people say a lot of things. Who knows the reason for it, maybe jealousy or anger. I really don't understand the remark :/

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
It's because they have no comprehension of what is meant by "live by faith". They can only believe in what they can see and feel, and believing in and relying on Someone we can't see is beyond them.

zozephin

Apr 4, 2008
Many people don't want to believe in something...They think they haven't any sins so they do not want God...This is a big sign of selfiness.We must pray for our savior and our Maker because that's the reason that we live today.

eternalarcadia

Nov 15, 2007
some people i think are just too caught up in their own desires which makes it almost impossible to see the light.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
I don't know,I intepreted it as like,you hiding behind God,you don't want to be seen by him. You want to stay in you "free sin" world.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Arrogance.The idea of gods - the first thing put in the way of God - has evolved into humans as gods. I think one of the biggest reasons people are not Christian, or religious in general, is it's too difficult for them to accept something bigger than them. I think that's why those who do not believe in God tend to be rather offensive. (Please note there are exceptions to every rule like this, but you get the idea.)The Bible repeatedly emphasizes this, just as we get in II Peter.II Peter 3:3
Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
(((( Denver))))
(Please note there are exceptions to every rule like this, but you get the idea.)
Thank You! Yes I do. This scripture helps a lot too. I read the whole chapter
smile.gif
I have added it to my Bible study notes. God:blessyou:

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Lookin'4wardtoHeaven;45075)
What do people mean when they say " You are hiding behind God?" I never really truly understood it .I was always taught that you are suppose to turn to God for all things in your life . Mathew 6:33 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.~~~~When you put God first , things always turn out better. You have to trust that He will work it out ! Sounds like they are trying to stop your faith In God? Well I have news for them , I love God and plan to keep him in my heart and trust him for the rest of my life.
smile.gif
:grouphug:
Whatever people mean by that,who knows. I like to hide behind God,what else is there? He is my refuge,and hiding place.He knows me better than I know myself.
smile.gif