Why do you believe the Bible is 100% inspired?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Giuliano

To All,

It's not "BAD" to be a preterist, although many SLANDER their fellow posters with this term, -- not because it's true, but because these posters are dishonest in the defense of their own doctrines. So rather than argue merit, they resort to slander.

But although the preterist position is in error, we all have errors in our doctrines just as we have in our lives. We STRIVE for PERFECTION, but that's part of the process of being Christ-like. The only problem is when we choose religious doctrines over what Scripture says, and what the Holy Spirit reveals to us.

So I would encourage @Giuliano to continue a conversation on what the Book of Daniel actually says. He can present and defend his information, and I'll do the same, and we'll see where the TRUTH of GOD and Scripture lie.

Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord ...

Bobby Jo

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Or maybe every story book, every text book, every newspaper u'v read has been a lie, a forgery or a conspiracy? But you don't think like dat do you, you trust wat u read 2 be true, u have faith. all these maybe's but u don't apply the same principal 2 the material u look at. why don't u apply dat same faith 2 the bible? U see u already have a presupposition of wat the bible is b4 u'v read it.

U'v let society decide 4 u weather its real or not by listening 2 all the worldy revision. If u were the 1st person 2 arrive on the planet and a voice came 2 u out of the sky saying here's a book, it will tell you all u need to know about me and dis place dat ur in and u read it i'm sure u would believe. That's sort of wat u have 2 do man. U gotta start from scratch. U gotta empty ur mind of all worldly intellect (so 2 speak) otherwise Gods word wont go in you, mans wisdom is foolishness 2 God bible say's.

1st empty the cup (ur mind) den u can make room 4 the word 2 come in you! u start wiv God u don't add him on afterwards, without God u cant make sense of anything!!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Giuliano

To All,

It's not "BAD" to be a preterist, although many SLANDER their fellow posters with this term, -- not because it's true, but because these posters are dishonest in the defense of their own doctrines. So rather than argue merit, they resort to slander.

But although the preterist position is in error, we all have errors in our doctrines just as we have in our lives. We STRIVE for PERFECTION, but that's part of the process of being Christ-like. The only problem is when we choose religious doctrines over what Scripture says, and what the Holy Spirit reveals to us.

So I would encourage @Giuliano to continue a conversation on what the Book of Daniel actually says. He can present and defend his information, and I'll do the same, and we'll see where the TRUTH of GOD and Scripture lie.

Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord ...

Bobby Jo
Perhaps we can discuss Daniel later; and studying history might help.

For now, let me say I doubt we'd see much progress if we can't agree that "shortly" in Revelation 1:1 means "shortly." If someone can't believe the first verse, I doubt any of what follows will make sense.

I also think many people don't believe what Jesus said here:

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

That is easy to understand unless you want to hang onto an idea you have that he did not come in "that generation." So people start complicating things and redefining words so "this generation" doesn't mean the very generation Jesus was talking to. The want to redefine what "death" means so they can believe all those people died and did not see the Son of man coming in his kingdom -- and that despite the account of what Stephen saw. Did Jesus come for Stephen? Did the people around Stephen see it? Or did they "perceive" something -- and gnash their teeth -- because they did not want to have Jesus come? Remember Jesus told the High Priest he would see him coming. Is that possible?

Matthew 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

The High Priest was at Stephen's trial when Jesus came for Stephen.

Many, perhaps most, seem to think the coming of Christ will be something they can observe with their physical eyes.

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Again many, perhaps most, think Paul was mistaken since they cannot "see" how it could true:

1 Thessalonians 2:19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

I believe if we understand how Jesus came for them, we may get a better idea of how he can come for us. Perhaps that age ended, and the age we find ourselves in today is also about to end. I am not saying Jesus cannot be not coming in the future. Revelation has it in the present tense, "I come quickly."

He was coming then, and he is coming now and he will be coming in the future. This promise can be true for anyone, past, present or future for people who "look for him."

Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think we'd see much progress if you can't agree that "shortly" in Revelation 1:1 means "shortly." ...

I don't think we'll make much progress if you can't find the era in which people travel 60 to 600 mph; and when you have INSTANT INFORMATION at your FINGER TIPS:

Dan. 12:4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”

Hmmmmm, this sound like the era approximate to NOW!

Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think we'll make much progress if you can't find the era in which people travel 60 to 600 mph; and when you have INSTANT INFORMATION at your FINGER TIPS:

Dan. 12:4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”

Hmmmmm, this sound like the era approximate to NOW!

Bobby Jo
It doesn't require cars or airplanes for people to "run" to and fro. Indeed, running does mean either of those things, so I find it odd that you would think that means cars or airplanes. I also would not think that "knowledge" has to mean science. Could it possibly mean the knowledge Jesus brought?

Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Could it be the "knowledge" the lawyers had taken away the key to?

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... and it doesn't take a high IQ to see when a preterist chooses to be blind! :)

Did I also include "deaf and dumb"?
Bobby Jo
No responses to what I wrote. If you keep acting frustrated and wanting to talk about me instead of what the Bible says, I think I should end the conversation since I will conclude you want to talk about me and not the topic at hand.

You see airplanes and cars. Your physical sight might be excellent. It doesn't require any spiritual sight to see those. If you think the kingdom will come because you can observe them, it's okay with me.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"frustrated"? NO! Just honest. You should try it sometime! :)

Preterism, -- LOL,
Bobby Jo
I don't think I'd be comfortable living with myself if I spoke every thing that came into my mind because I thought it was true. If something is not loving, why say it? Just because I think it's true? If I think someone is ugly, should I say so? What if he really is ugly? Should I tell him? I speak the truth as I see it when I feel confident other people might listen and benefit.

James 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

I see now I cannot talk to you and have you benefit. I will be putting you on ignore after citing one Scripture and you can take it as an insult if you want.

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Without calling you a pig or a dog, I still am reminded of that verse. I tried to hold a peaceful conversation with you; and you want to make unpleasant personal remarks. I see no reason to continue. I know I have nothing to give you that you would find of value. So why bother? Nothing for me to be disturbed about -- I can shake the dust off my feet and move on.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To All,

If someone is so intellectually dishonest that he/she refuses to answer in which era we have people traveling 60 to 600 mph, and where knowledge is instantly available at one's FINGERTIPS, then they're purposefully BLIND. All we can do is inform them of the TRUTH, and then their blood is on their own heads.

It's true in the world, and it's true in the church,
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chariots were the fastest method of battle during the Roman times. The verse you are quoting does not say 60 to 600 miles an hour - you are adding that. Also, the time period in question boasted the Roman Empire, Persian Empire, Chinese Empire, Hellenistic culture and access to the declining Egyptian Empire - it was a time of great knowledge and advancement that would not be rivaled for a thousand years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Giuliano