Why does God test us?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you feel as though as you have been tested lately?

• Yes

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Where am I?

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If one went through life today where everything was smooth and all we did was whistle a tune, then there is something terribly amiss, although they may not see it

There's a quote that says "think not that God has cast you off if you have tribulations, but if you have none it could be a sign that He has cast you off"

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, ha ha..."testing"...maybe He's dating to find the perfect Bride.

Maybe he has a checklist too and a vetting process as well...

Maybe not...

Reactions: liafailrock

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do we have to get so stressed out?
It is under stress that steel is forged.

"At its most basic level, forging is the process of forming and shaping metals through the use of hammering, pressing or rolling. The process begins with starting stock, usually a cast ingot (or a "cogged" billet which has already been forged from a cast ingot), which is heated to its plastic deformation temperature, then upset or "kneaded" between dies to the desired shape and size."

Reactions: DuckieLady

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel like I'm having some sort of testing today. I feel like I am failing maybe, but I'm really doing okay. Keep me in prayer. Could be my blood pressure/headaches messing with me. But feels like this Ted Dekker book. Absolute crazy.

Praying for you. *Hugs* :)

Reactions: Tone

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Tests are designed to produce Evidence that can be used as a Witness in a Trial.

Job 2:3
"And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause."

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning the topic: considering all the times Jesus Christ knew what was in hearts. Even knowing what thoughts were there. Luke 18:18-23 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? [19] And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God. [20] Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother. [21] And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up. [22] Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. [23] And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.

‘Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.’ The question is what do you say this is: a test, a temptation, or mercy? Because often it is said to be a test where if you give all your goods away to the poor then you have passed the test of not holding onto those things. yet in Corinthians he says although you give everything even your body to be burned; without charity it profits nothing.

‘Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.’ And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.

James 1:8-15 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. [9] Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted: [10] But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away. [11] For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways. [12] Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. [13] Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: [14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. [15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Just thinking but when Jesus Christ said one thing you lack ...was it not for good and not evil ...yet the man went away very sorrowful for he was very rich. ‘Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: [14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. [15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.’