Why I can't be a Christian any more

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jul 6, 2011
Winnetou,
Firstly, I agree with Sr.Brandon’s point. Christians dont live up to Christ, we all fall short.
But
Judging instead of charity (follow the rules, otherwise we do not accept you)
Apart from, if you dont share the faith why would you want to join let alone be accepted?

Lacking appreciation of the problems and worries of single people (whoever has a problem it is HIS fault)
Good point. It is better now in many churches especially bigger ones where the church is running loads of fellowship stuff and life groups etc.
Hate for women who abort
Again, no, the hatred is for abortion, churches I know give forgiving support for women who are troubled by abortions they have had.
Hate for homosexuals
Again, they don’t hate homosexuals, they hate homosexual practice, the idea that churches hate homosexuals comes from people who dont like the idea churches hate homosexual practice.
Hate for everyone who is not like them
The opposite. Love for everyone.
Inability really to understand the biblical message.
The opposite. Such criticisms mostly come from those who deny the Biblical message.
Inability to live a modern and tolerant life.
The most intolerant people are usually those who call others intolerant. On the UK Equalities Commission it was the gay activist who objected to the Christian not the Christian who objected to the gay activist.

And these are only some of the points which I can lead. At first I did not have any problem with Jesus.
Your previous remarks indicate you do have a problem with Jesus, especially as by denying His teaching you dont know Him.
This reminds me of my childhood somehow: My bucket is bigger than your bucket.
But thats it., Jesus said He is the way the truth and the life.
It is an arrogance and insult of other religions, to claim by himself, to have the only truth.
Then you have a problem with Jesus.
From science we know that there are both absolute and relative truths. And that "truths" can change e.g. if new knowledge is won.
Faith isnt science. From science we dont know how matter came into being.
I shall believe in such a feeble-mindedness? Please do not offend my intelligence!
No 'skin off our nose' We are perfectly happy to be considered feeble minded, we have chosen to be believe.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You do know Winnetou, that you can quiet happily be a Christian and never attend church, Jesus is quiet capable of teaching you and showing you things without all the man made overheads, in fact if you look through the whole new testament. all Jesus ever did was call all to Himself. Its quiet a different experience when you let Jesus do the work.

In all His love

Jul 6, 2011
You do know Winnetou, that you can quiet happily be a Christian and never attend church,
I am sure one can, but not by choice, the NT doesnt say that, it says to meet together and share, encourage, support etc.
Jesus is quiet capable of teaching you and showing you things without all the man made overheads, in fact if you look through the whole new testament. all Jesus ever did was call all to Himself. Its quiet a different experience when you let Jesus do the work.
Thats true provided it is Jesus, but Winnetou's worldview demonstrated here is somewhat of another jesus.

I wish Wnnnetou good luck with Wicca and the spiritual search, but I pray and suspect the seed is shown and Winnetou will be convicted of the real Christ in the future. Then Winnetou will be a great witness.

tcross.us

Jul 17, 2012
San Antonio
Just know that God still loves you and will be waiting for you to call on Him again and when you do know that He will be there for you for He is an understanding God. May God keep you safe until you return back to Him...blessings!!