Why I can't recommend Pentecostal Holiness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Sister he stepped out of God into himself and what he had was a cult. Usually cults and their leaders have backgrounds in church affiliations first of some kind. That is why they are so good at twisting the word.

You did right by standing your ground for God. Remember told the ppl ,you can serve the gods of the land or choose to serve God!
As for me and my house,we will serve the Lord!
Oh, I know. But there was a whole lot more to that place than met the eye.

The pastor and his men were
handed a lot of authority over us. I fought against that system tooth and nail. Finally, I said to my husband, "I married you, not the pastor!"

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
?? plz explain.. give me a picture of what your saying.

Hi and welcome.

Is my walk ,my journey between my God, his word and his will in my life?

Or am I walking by what my church tells me to do? OBEY THE PROGAMS...OR....QUENCH THE DIRECTIONS OF THE SPIRIT.

All denominations are so large now they have become corporations with all the bussiness, money and legalities that go with them.

Who do we serve God or man ?

Jesus said several things to put us on the right path. He prayed the Father would sanctify us ( set us apart as holy ) by his word and that his word is TRUTH.

When we have to stand before Jesus and answer to him on our obedience, faithfulness, ect. WHO will stand with us? NO ONE ! Our life is hid in Christ and him crucified. We owe man NOTHING except to love one another.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We had an evangelist hold revivals and he stopped by the Baptist church I was going to at the time. He would pack the altar with crying penitents night after night and I had an invited friend go up to testify that he had never prayed so hard. I picked up a cassette labeled, "Worldliness or Godliness" and I made a YouTube video out of it. I met up with the same Spirit in the Pentecostal Holiness church. With such spirit it was very easy to live righteously and spirituality in the time in which I was living. Radically different denomination... But in same Spirit!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember the old Pentecostal Holiness church...

1. Salvation - As easy as asking the Lord Jesus into ones heart
2. Sanctification - When the Lord Jesus was born into the heart. If the experience was not there we would tell you to come back tomorrow night, and smile a little as we said it.
3. Holy Spirit - If a message in tongues was given out they would wait for an interpretation. If none was given someone was considered disobedient. None of this, however, had anything to do with salvation.
4. Divine Healing - Would take time to anoint people with oil and pray prayers of faith.
5. Altar service - People would take time to pray at the altar after the sermon.
6. Revival - It was a conference rule that we had at least so many revivals in a year, and they would report to conference the results. Our pastor would take time to invite wonderful evangelists and we would have wonderful times in revival.
7. Doctrine - I have no problems with Pentecostal Holiness doctrine and the results in our church was many saintly gentleman and ladies, both in spirit and in appearance.

I have no problem with Pentecostal Holiness doctrine and the the picture below is our church pictured around 50 years ago was a wonderful place and I am still a member there. But... The Spirit simply is not there anymore. In which case, even though I like the doctrine, I cannot recommend the church because it is no longer a place to grow in the Christian faith.

356460_84ac67aed5e9f8ecefc9bbe1250aa904.jpg

Our church remained a wonderful place until just a few years ago when our pastor retired. I remain worried that we live in a time in which the doctrine may be correct... But the Spirit simply is not there. Here is a video of just a few years ago when our old pastor held wonderful service....

I am in the same spot...and I can't seem to find a church that is still filled with the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: rockytopva

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why I can't recommend Pentecostal Holiness
What!....it's never on special?