Why is contraception against God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-- The Catholic church telling you that if you and your spouse use any type of contraception in a manner not approved by the church then your salvation is in danger....

....is a little bit more than "inconvenient."

Especially when - and this seems to be an ongoing theme - the church has nothing but man-made opinion to base this belief on.

But the church goes even further than that. They have even banned the practice of oral sex between a husband and a wife.

And no, they aren't just talking about banning the practice to completion because it prevents pregnancy, but as a foreplay activity before completing the regular sex act.

My sister summed it up best after her mandatory "marraige counseling" with the priest: "Why is it that those who can't play the game feel most qualified to make the rules?"

Wisdom indeed.

All Churches take moral stances - you just don't agree with this one. I am sure you agree with their stance on abortion and may even admire their tenacity. Your disagreement is noted.

When is comes down to it - we all have to follow our own conscious,

BTW, when I used the word inconvenient, I was describing following the moral teachings of the church, not salvation.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
All Churches take moral stances - you just don't agree with this one. I am sure you agree with their stance on abortion and may even admire their tenacity.

-- Sorry, but there is no moral equvalence between a husband performing oral sex on his wife and an invasive surgical procedure that involves taking a life to prevent pregnancy.

Yet the Catholic church would have you believe that both put you on the same fast-track to hell.

Ranks up there with Scapulars and Indulgences.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-- Sorry, but there is no moral equvalence between a husband performing oral sex on his wife and an invasive surgical procedure that involves taking a life to prevent pregnancy.

Yet the Catholic church would have you believe that both put you on the same fast-track to hell.

Ranks up there with Scapulars and Indulgences.

ok.