Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope it isn't God's policy.

Because, if it is, we're all lost.

You're frightening, by the way.

The lovers of evil.....Christ said it best....“You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?" See ya...would not want to be ya!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plenty of prayers go unanswered - should we abandon the faith? Should the martyrs who prayed for deliverance have abandoned theirs? Please forgive my bluntness, but that's pretty pathetic.

Let me tell you, in 2004, I went to Bellsouth and told them I can't be here on Sabbath and they said you'll be here if you want to keep working here. At the phone company, it's easier to get away with 1st degree murder than it is to no show up for work when scheduled, and that is the God's honest truth.

I made arrangements with coworkers to be off on Sabbath, but in 2005 when Hurricane Katrina struck, there was no getting around it. After refusing to perform routine work on Sabbath, I was fired and went from $10,000/month to a big fat zero/month just like that. A wife, a son, and a baby girl who needed ear surgery all looking to me with no job, no insurance, no prospects - there weren't that many multi-billion dollar a year telecommunications companies around other than Bellsouth...like zero.

I prayed and prayed and no answer. "God, I need this job". No answer. "God, I'll give you a double tithe". No answer. It's hard praying to God and not getting an answer. What we all need to remember is that the teacher always gets quiet when it's time for a test...right or wrong?

For almost two years, God didn't answer our prayers. Did I give up my faith? No. I just decided if that job couldn't be held by an obedient SDA Christian, then they could have their stupid job.

Soon after, I got a call that the grievance I had filed with the Union two years before was to go to "Precedent Setting Arbitration". Let me tell you, God showed up in a MASSIVE way that day. As little David was before Goliath, so we took on this corporate giant and by the time we got done with them, they were busier than a one-legged man in an butt-kicking contest, scrambling for damage control. Everytime the company attorney thought he had me cornered, God gave me what to say. He finally gave up in disgust, as did my supervisors when they realized the cords with which they thought they'd sewn up the case became a noose with which God hung them out to dry.

The Administrative Law Judge ruled in our favor, hands down. The company had to hire me back, cut me a check for around $70 or $80K (can't quite remember tonite), pay me for lost vacation, PTO, holidays, etc., plus match lost 401k contributions, and eventually gave me a promotion, a pay raise, and transferred me to a department that doesn't work weekends. That was 2008, and I'm still there while the men who tried to ruin my career are all gone. There's so much more I left out of this story, but suffice it to say, I have to disagree with you about whether God answers an SDA's prayers. :)
That's wonderful! I didn't say God doesn't answer a SDA's prayers, I said He didn't answer my prayers. It didn't have to do with the Sabbath, it had to do with not being filled with God's Spirit. It just so happened that I hadn't been taught anything about this doctrine of Jesus that He taught Nicodemus. Not even after changing church denominations. The Church of Christ denomination doesn't teach it either. Edit this testimony and add GH's name. I've been arguing with him about whether or not you are saved. Of course, I'm on your side.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, let's see if that's true by considering Hebrews 4:9-10 Lamsa's Peshitta:
[9] It is therefore the duty of the people of God (Christians) to keep the Sabbath.​
[10] For he that has entered into His rest, he has ceased from his own works as God did from His.​

Hmm...seems what Paul is saying here is that it's our duty to rest every seventh day of the week...and the only reason we can conjecture for why it's our "duty" is to demonstrate by outward expression our inward rest that we have in Jesus...right or wrong?

Isn't Baptism the outward expression of our inward experience of having "died to self, buried the old man of sin, and resurrected to new life in Jesus"?

Isn't Communion the outward expression of our inward partaking of the Broken Body and Blood that was shed for sinners?

Are you really sure I've added anything?
I can't go by a Bible version written in 1933, even though I have it in my library.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya know I have had Devine visitations and there is a certain kind of light in that. In Holy Ghost churches I have felt the movement of the Holy Ghost and that is exciting particularly when other people feel it and look around to see that others are feeling it to.

But as far as light coming from a person….I have not seen that yet, but seers have said they see a light coming from me. I had a preacher stop his sermon to describe the light coming from me. The circumstances around that event were amazing because later on in the same service I was knocked off my feet by the Holy Spirit. That is a unique feeling because you come out of it totally blessed.
God only gives His Spirit to "them that obey Him". (Acts 5:32 KJV)

I assure you, those who fight against His Ten Commandments are recipients of spirits, all right - but not His.

Repent, you child of rebellion.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This sounds very Pharisaical.
LOL
Definitions of pharisaical. adjective. excessively or hypocritically pious. synonyms: holier-than-thou, pharisaic, pietistic, pietistical, sanctimonious, self-righteous pious.

I am none of that.....quoting scripture is not self-righteous unless you think God’s Word is self-righteous. I am not a legalist….that is the point….Law as a concept does not exist in Christianity.

As far as my tolerance for other beliefs….you probably have not meet anyone as tolerant as I am….. I fellowship and worship with the Baptists, the Lutherans, the Pentecosts, the Catholics, the Glad Tidings Assembly of God, the Moravian Church and nearly a dozen non-denominational churches although I favor the Holy Ghost churches and I have had Jewish friends from the time I was a kid. And I physically stood between Israel and her enemies.

But still religion is a serious thing….it not like a club or a game of horseshoes….there are real ramifications to sinning… They cross certain lines and they have taken the path to Hell. If everyone is patting them on the back as they go by…..that is not love.

On the other hand the Lord's Sheep….got to love the sheep!….they are God’s best…. naive....but great. The sheep will criticize the military for defending our country but hide behind the boarders and criticize those that fight. The sheep will criticize the shepherd saying he is too mean to the wolves.

How many people will these Judaizers drag to Hell with them? But the sheep will continue to be nice to those that drag others to Hell….and criticize those that try to warn others. Try explaining your attitude to Christ on Judgment Day….Not that it will damn you, cause I am sure He hears it a lot. It is kind of like the Democrats being soft on crime. But it will probably be an interesting conversation.

Show evil no tolerance, no mercy, and no quarter.
Be good and do good.
The Johnny Appleseed of Truth

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's wonderful! I didn't say God doesn't answer a SDA's prayers, I said He didn't answer my prayers. It didn't have to do with the Sabbath, it had to do with not being filled with God's Spirit. It just so happened that I hadn't been taught anything about this doctrine of Jesus that He taught Nicodemus. Not even after changing church denominations. The Church of Christ denomination doesn't teach it either. Edit this testimony and add GH's name. I've been arguing with him about whether or not you are saved. Of course, I'm on your side.
I'm sure God was at your side the whole time, too, dear. One thing I've learned is to wait on Him and gave up on running out ahead of Him.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God only gives His Spirit to "them that obey Him". (Acts 5:32 KJV)

I assure you, those who fight against His Ten Commandments are recipients of spirits, all right - but not His.

Repent, you child of rebellion.

Copy and paste function activated….
A fair and truthful warning!

A general statement to Judaizers that say Christians should observe the Sabbath or any Old Testament Law or Commandment. Just say no to Judaizing. Christ said it best “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

What they say makes no sense…..They never describe how they “keep” the Sabbath…or the Commandments or the 613 Mosaic Laws. Most of their mindless rhetoric sounds as if they are picking some parts to observe and ignoring other parts. Are they going to keep it “kind of” setting their own rules over and above the Judaism and Christianity and even God? Do they have some fetish about selling their daughters as sex slaves or having sex with children themselves? Jewish men liked their brides “fresh” meaning virgin and taking them before they started menstruating.

Observe the Sabbath in accordance with what? To keep the Sabbath has a meaning…. Believe it or not words mean things in the scriptures! There are rules regarding the Sabbath, rules that require execution if they are broken. Same thing for the Old Testament Commandments and Laws. And if you do not execute the offender you are just as guilty as the one that broke the rules. Are they going to kill people? There is no half in the Old Covenant and half in the New Covenant or any combination thereof. This belief is not Judaism and it is not Christian. The picking and choosing of what to keep and what to ignore is one of the worst sins in the Old Testament. The 613 Mosaic Laws have Commandments, ordinances, and statutes, but they are all Mosaic Laws and cannot be separated, you cannot pick and choose what you want to obey and what you want to ignore. And scriptures say if you break one, you break them all.

They are basically violating both religions and preaching a third religion. The people that do this, are in “no man’s land” they are not in the Old Covenant with God nor in the New Covenant with God, they have violated both. Separated from Christ and have fallen from Grace and are Cursed by God. That is how the scriptures put it. The Apostle Paul struggled with Judaizers during his ministry. The ruling at the council in Jerusalem stated that none of this was required.

The apostles and elders, your brothers, To the Gentile believers in Antioch, Syria and Cilicia:
Greetings.
24 We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. 25 So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul— 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. 28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell. Acts 15:24-29 So it is that no Old Testament Law or Commandment pertains to Chrisitans, none of them.

Is there a way to observe the sixth day as respect to Yahweh? The New Testament does not describe such a thing. Christians show respect and worship the Trinity on the Lord’s Day…Sunday. But when you throw in the word Sabbath….that pulls in a whole lot of Old Testament Laws….strict Laws. They would have to have no respect for the Old Covenant nor the New Covenant, just wing it and make up their own religion…..a personal religion that would probably land them in Hell…..but if they preach it, they are back to being separated from Christ….falling from Grace….and cursed of God. It all equates to Hell bound.

So thank you for activating the copy and paste function. If you want to see it again, just do the same stupid thing again and you will get it again.

You are so sweet and everything is going to be OK. I wish you a good time and this is your pat on the back on your way to Hell. Don’t forget the barbeque sauce….you are going to need it.

Give evil no tolerance, not mercy, and no quarter
Be good and do good

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lovers of evil.....Christ said it best....“You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?" See ya...would not want to be ya!
If only you were as quick to answer simple questions as you are to criticize.

A general statement to Judaizers that say Christians should observe the Sabbath or any Old Testament Law or Commandment. Just say no to Judaizing. Christ said it best “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

What they say makes no sense…..They never describe how they “keep” the Sabbath…or the Commandments or the 613 Mosaic Laws. Most of their mindless rhetoric sounds as if they are picking some parts to observe and ignoring other parts. Are they going to keep it “kind of” setting their own rules over and above the Judaism and Christianity and even God? Do they have some fetish about selling their daughters as sex slaves or having sex with children themselves? Jewish men liked their brides “fresh” meaning virgin and taking them before they started menstruating.

Observe the Sabbath in accordance with what? To keep the Sabbath has a meaning…. Believe it or not words mean things in the scriptures! There are rules regarding the Sabbath, rules that require execution if they are broken. Same thing for the Old Testament Commandments and Laws. And if you do not execute the offender you are just as guilty as the one that broke the rules. Are they going to kill people? There is no half in the Old Covenant and half in the New Covenant or any combination thereof. This belief is not Judaism and it is not Christian. The picking and choosing of what to keep and what to ignore is one of the worst sins in the Old Testament. The 613 Mosaic Laws have Commandments, ordinances, and statutes, but they are all Mosaic Laws and cannot be separated, you cannot pick and choose what you want to obey and what you want to ignore. And scriptures say if you break one, you break them all.

They are basically violating both religions and preaching a third religion. The people that do this, are in “no man’s land” they are not in the Old Covenant with God nor in the New Covenant with God, they have violated both. Separated from Christ and have fallen from Grace and are Cursed by God. That is how the scriptures put it. The Apostle Paul struggled with Judaizers during his ministry. The ruling at the council in Jerusalem stated that none of this was required.

The apostles and elders, your brothers, To the Gentile believers in Antioch, Syria and Cilicia:
Greetings.
24 We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. 25 So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul— 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. 28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell. Acts 15:24-29

Is there a way to observe the sixth day as respect to Yahweh? The New Testament does not describe such a thing. Christians show respect and worship the Trinity on the Lord’s Day…Sunday. But when you throw in the word Sabbath….that pulls in a whole lot of Old Testament Laws….strict Laws. They would have to have no respect for the Old Covenant nor the New Covenant, just wing it and make up their own religion…..a personal religion that would probably land them in Hell…..but if they preach it, they are back to being separated from Christ….falling from Grace….and cursed of God. It all equates to Hell bound.

So thank you for activating the copy and paste function. If you want to see it again, just do the same stupid thing again and you will get it again.

You are so sweet and everything is going to be OK. I wish you a good time and this is your pat on the back on your way to Hell. Don’t forget the barbeque sauce….you are going to need it.

Be good and do good
A Christian discussion forum is no place for the spiritually immature, especially those who substitute truth with supposed "holy ghost" experientialism nonsense.

The only spirit that abides in you is the spirit of rebellion, friend, else you'd answer the question:

Is the Christian obligated to keep the 6th commandment or is he free to commit murder?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If only you were as quick to answer simple questions as you are to criticize.

A Christian discussion forum is no place for the spiritually immature, especially those who substitute truth with supposed "holy ghost" experientialism nonsense.

The only spirit that abides in you is the spirit of rebellion, friend, else you'd answer the question:

Is the Christian obligated to keep the 6th commandment or is he free to commit murder?

Greetings.
24 We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. 25 So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul— 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. 28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell. Acts 15:24-29 So it is that no Old Testament Law or Commandment pertains to Chrisitans, none of them.

Be good and do good

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Greetings.
24 We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. 25 So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul— 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. 28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell. Acts 15:24-29

Be good and do good
Your lack of courage to publicly state which of the Ten Commandments you're free to ignore is proof you don't really believe the Ten Commandments don't pertain to the Christian - besides the Sabbath, that is, right? Your pathetic, cowardly brand of Christianity is unrecognized by Christ.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure God was at your side the whole time, too, dear. One thing I've learned is to wait on Him and gave up on running out ahead of Him.
He was very quiet at that time. I remember finally questioning whether God even existed. That all changed at the beginning of 1977. But it was more like Thomas than those who believe without evidence. God revealed Himself to me. First with one word that I heard. Then a vision. And then 8 sentences. It was then I repented with all my heart and got a double portion of His Spirit, and all the gifts of the Spirit, except two in 1 Cor. 12, and more since 1977.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your lack of courage to publicly state which of the Ten Commandments you're free to ignore is proof you don't really believe the Ten Commandments don't pertain to the Christian - besides the Sabbath, that is, right? Your pathetic, cowardly brand of Christianity is unrecognized by Christ.

Public statement: Christians are free to ignore the Ten Commandments or any other Law in the OId Covenant. Christian morals come from the New Covenant.

Greetings.

Be good and do good

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 3:31
Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

Glad you brought that up!

2nd Corinthians 3:7-8 But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was, how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory?

Galatians 3:12 “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us.....”

Galatians 3:1-5 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh? Have you experienced so much in vain—if it really was in vain? So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?

Galatians 5:4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.

1st Corinthians 9:20 “And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, through not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law;”

Romans 4:15 “for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, neither is there violation.”

Romans 6:14 “For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.”

Romans 6:15 “What then? Are we to sin because we are not under the Law but under grace?”

Romans 8:2 “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath me free from the law of sin and death.”

Romans 7:6 “But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.”

Romans 7:8 “But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.”

2nd Corinthians 3:3 “being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts.”

This follows Paul’s statement saying You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you….
Galatians 4:21 “Tell me, you who want to be under the law, do you not listen to the law?”

Galatians 3:10 “For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”

Galatians 3:24-25 “Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Galatians 5:18 “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Galatians 2:16 “Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.”

Galatians 2:21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

Hebrews 8:13 “In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.”

Romans 3:20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

Matthew 22:36-40 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.” Christ said this while the Old Covenant was still in effect, but still true.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Public statement: Christians are free to ignore the Ten Commandments or any other Law in the OId Covenant.
So, you agree that Christians may 1) worship Satan 2) engage in idolatry 3) blaspheme 4) work on the Sabbath 5) dishonor parents 6) murder 7) commit adultery 8) steal 9) lie 10) covet

Got it.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad you brought that up!

2nd Corinthians 3:7-8 But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was, how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory?

Galatians 3:12 “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us.....”

Galatians 3:1-5 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh? Have you experienced so much in vain—if it really was in vain? So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?

Galatians 5:4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.

1st Corinthians 9:20 “And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, through not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law;”

Romans 4:15 “for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, neither is there violation.”

Romans 6:14 “For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.”

Romans 6:15 “What then? Are we to sin because we are not under the Law but under grace?”

Romans 8:2 “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath me free from the law of sin and death.”

Romans 7:6 “But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.”

Romans 7:8 “But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.”

2nd Corinthians 3:3 “being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts.”

This follows Paul’s statement saying You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you….
Galatians 4:21 “Tell me, you who want to be under the law, do you not listen to the law?”

Galatians 3:10 “For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”

Galatians 3:24-25 “Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Galatians 5:18 “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Galatians 2:16 “Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.”

Galatians 2:21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

Hebrews 8:13 “In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.”

Romans 3:20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

Matthew 22:36-40 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.” Christ said this while the Old Covenant was still in effect, but still true.
The Ten Commandments are a "ministry of death" only to those who seek to obtain salvation by them. To us, they are "holy, just, and good" and a "law of liberty".