Why not Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
You would be surprised... If Christians knew Christ the churches would be empty and the world filled with praise, and the bible would have no place in mens hearts because they would have the one who is the truth, Jesus Christ, and when HE comes it will be too late,

Depart from Me i never knew you.

That is a twisted thing to say about the Bible.
Do you burn Bibles and worship satan?
Those two things often go together.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a twisted thing to say about the Bible.
Do you burn Bibles and worship satan?
Those two things often go together.
Agreed. And what renounces the quote you responded to having said: (
mjrhealth said:
You would be surprised... If Christians knew Christ the churches would be empty and the world filled with praise, and the bible would have no place in mens hearts because they would have the one who is the truth, Jesus Christ, and when HE comes it will be too late,)
is the evidence. If MJH ever cited a scripture from the Bible their proclamation is void.

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Denigrate why would you feel that way... and if Jesus said put that book away and follow Me would you be offended,

Joh_12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Is He not enough.
Of course He is enough! And Jesus isn't telling me to get rid of the Bible, but He does speak to me through it. It's more, not less!

:)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. And what renounces the quote you responded to having said: (
mjrhealth said:
You would be surprised... If Christians knew Christ the churches would be empty and the world filled with praise, and the bible would have no place in mens hearts because they would have the one who is the truth, Jesus Christ, and when HE comes it will be too late,)
is the evidence. If MJH ever cited a scripture from the Bible their proclamation is void.
Rather odd that both peter and paul would constantly point to scripture . And the reminder it ought to be learned well .
But today folks look for any reason to kick scripture to the curb . HMMM . I was about to say i wonder why that is .
But i do know why that is . Cause when folks love a sin that the scriptures condemn , You better believe they want
to downplay the scripture . Its a way of taking in a false comfort . OH but its end is the second death .
Cause lambs would say as did paul , peter and the true ones said . Learn those scriptures . They wouldnt say OH there is no need for bibles .

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather odd that both peter and paul would constantly point to scripture . And the reminder it ought to be learned well .
But today folks look for any reason to kick scripture to the curb . HMMM . I was about to say i wonder why that is .
But i do know why that is . Cause when folks love a sin that the scriptures condemn , You better believe they want
to downplay the scripture . Its a way of taking in a false comfort . OH but its end is the second death .
Cause lambs would say as did paul , peter and the true ones said . Learn those scriptures . They wouldnt say OH there is no need for bibles .
It's Humanism.
Joel Osteen, who has/had a church in what was formerly a sports arena in Texas, and seats some 30,000 people, is referred to as a Mega-Church Pastor.
He's not a pastor. He's a Materialist (prosperity preacher) Humanist. And as he memorizes his speeches, he takes their textual version he leaves at home and after a period of time, seemingly 6 months to a year, publishes those into a "new book" designed to be part of the Motivational books market/marketing.
JO delivers at the end of his speeches a quote that he tells viewers and those attending, if they recite that quote he believes they've been born again. (There is no such thing as a sinners prayer in scripture). He tells them to then get into a good Bible believing church. But he never says, and be Baptized. Even though JO allegedly does Baptize people in his sports arena.

Remember the old Shakespeare quote? Even the Devil can quote scripture?
And appear as an angel of light? 2nd Corinthians 11:14
That is a perfect description of JO & his materialist wife, as well as Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyers, Hagee, and so many others.

(VA:"are going to do amazing damage to the kingdom of God." *well, she was right about that part. A $200 thousand dollar Lamborghini to make up for adultery?Prosperity speaker John Grey's wife may want to build a larger garage for future.:rolleyes:o_O )

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's Humanism.
Joel Osteen, who has/had a church in what was formerly a sports arena in Texas, and seats some 30,000 people, is referred to as a Mega-Church Pastor.
He's not a pastor. He's a Materialist (prosperity preacher) Humanist. And as he memorizes his speeches, he takes their textual version he leaves at home and after a period of time, seemingly 6 months to a year, publishes those into a "new book" designed to be part of the Motivational books market/marketing.
JO delivers at the end of his speeches a quote that he tells viewers and those attending, if they recite that quote he believes they've been born again. (There is no such thing as a sinners prayer in scripture). He tells them to then get into a good Bible believing church. But he never says, and be Baptized. Even though JO allegedly does Baptize people in his sports arena.

Remember the old Shakespeare quote? Even the Devil can quote scripture?
And appear as an angel of light? 2nd Corinthians 11:14
That is a perfect description of JO & his materialist wife, as well as Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyers, Hagee, and so many others.

(VA:"are going to do amazing damage to the kingdom of God." *well, she was right about that part. A $200 thousand dollar Lamborghini to make up for adultery?Prosperity speaker John Grey's wife may want to build a larger garage for future.:rolleyes:o_O )
Thems some highly deceptive folks you just showed there my friend . Some of the most deadliest doctrines they have spouted .

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thems some highly deceptive folks you just showed there my friend . Some of the most deadliest doctrines they have spouted .
Indeed. And they're so deft at it as to live in a 10+million dollar mansion in the exclusive palatial private community of River Oaks in Houston Texas.

Prosperity doctrine and its teachers, are a disgrace. Teaching what is basically this message. God says, if you love him he'll make ya rich!

Reactions: amigo de christo

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mate I dont care, your would rather your religion than Christ that is your doing, when you stand before Him with "JW" written all over and defiling your garment, than what will you say to Him. " But Jesus I loved its doctrines".

Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

your religion is no better than SDA catholism or all the rest, all part of the harlot church, and Christ will not join Himself to a harlot.

Come out of her My people. So why wont you??

Where true worship is concerned, the roadmap or guidebook is the Bible. Yet today’s individual ignorance about that guidebook is astounding. The average man and woman—do not really know what they believe and why. They might be called religious illiterates. Many persons do not know the Bible.” There are people who, like you, talk about love for God, which I certainly agree with but then many try to tell you Jesus is God which the scriptures don't say. So yes love for God and his Only-begotten Son is very important which means what you do foremost is read and study the scriptures. Search in the scriptures for the truth about God who he is and his Only-begotten Son. Search the scriptures for the truth as though you're searching for gold or silver. We must ask for God's Holy Spirit help yes and we must allow God's word to help transform us into the loving people that God wants us to be. So I'm not against love for God, that's true of all JW, but ignoring the scriptures and going along with false doctrine , that's not how you show love for God.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's all read 1 Corinthians 13. The whole 13 verses. This chapter is full of ways to love Jesus in a practical every day approach.

So "why not Christ" and read this perfect chapter of love.

Reactions: BobVance

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's all read 1 Corinthians 13. The whole 13 verses. This chapter is full of ways to love Jesus in a practical every day approach.

So "why not Christ" and read this perfect chapter of love.
I agree. I joined this site because as a Christian, I could no longer take all the nonsense on FB. I have only been on here a couple of weeks, and I find bickering here too , but nothing like FB..
I love Jesus more than anything...period. Regardless of ones background or past issues, if you love Jesus, proclaim what he has done for you and BE Jesus to others. Love as Christ wants us to. Obey His Holy Spirit in every Matter, but try to live in peace without compromising Christian principles.

Reactions: Wynona