Why Preaching Is Important

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't aware God was thinking of me when Christ went to the cross till a
man at work walked up and told me. That was quite a eureka moment
because I knew Jesus died for the sins of the world but didn't think it was for
anybody in particular. In point of fact, I had been brought up to feel pity for
Christ as a victim of unfortunate circumstances beyond his control. Had that
man at work not taken the initiative to speak with me, I might've never
known the truth.
_

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonderful OP!!

WE ABSOLUTELY DON'T GO AROUND THINKING ABOUT THE LORD OUR GOD!

Even "believers" don't go around thinking about the Lord our God even though we believe He is with us all the time. What a mistake!

Heb 3: 13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

So we need to remind one another day after day, that Jesus Christ is with us and is thinking about us and that we can seek Him and thus hear from Him.

The only thing is takes to hear from Him is the belief that He is there thinking about us, and wanting us to hear what He has to say!!

Rev 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

That is what we are preaching - a reminder that He is there with us and is thinking about us.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
known the truth.
_
Thank you for the reminder of speaking God's words = which is planting and watering the Seed of Salvation.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
known the truth.
_
It is our assignment sir: Matthew 28:19-20 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.

This would continue until the end of this world system: Verse 20b And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”
(Matthew 24:14) . . .And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. . .

It is important on a personal level as well, as our salvation is dependent upon obeying God's will:
(Matthew 7:21) . . .Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.

Reactions: Karl Peters

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 8:30-31 . . Philip ran over and heard the man reading from the
prophet Isaiah; so he asked, "Do you understand what you are reading?"
The man replied, "How can I, when there is no one to instruct me?"

The man with whom Philip dialogued wasn't some obscure cobalt miner in
the Democratic Republic of Congo or an illiterate cow poke herding beef in
Montana. The man was high up in the government of Ethiopia; so it's likely
he had an above-average IQ, and yet without someone to help him, he was
stumped by Isa 53:7-8.
_

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 19:1-2 . . While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through
the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples and
asked them: Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed? They
answered: No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.

Those folks were disciples, but not Jesus' disciples 'cause had they been,
they would've been endowed with his spirit. That was a lucky encounter for
those people, and Paul of course straightaway took some time to get them
connected with Christ. I mean, after all, isn't that what preachers sign on
for?
_

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 6:3 . . My spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal

The Hebrew word translated "contend" basically refers to law and order. In
other words: God's spirit was preaching to folk on up to the time of the
Flood.

FAQ: Did the people hear an audible voice?

REPLY: Yes, but it wasn't the Spirit's voice, rather, it was Noah's (2Pet 2:5)

The reason given for not contending with people forever is that people don't
live forever. In other words: the time for folks to listen to preaching is now;
before a Flood, viz: before something takes them away of a sudden.
_

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 19:1-2 . . While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through
the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples and
asked them: Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed? They
answered: No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.

Those folks were disciples, but not Jesus' disciples 'cause had they been,
they would've been endowed with his spirit. That was a lucky encounter for
those people, and Paul of course straightaway took some time to get them
connected with Christ. I mean, after all, isn't that what preachers sign on
for?
_
YES, they were disciples of Jesus and knew He was the Savior.

Acts 19:1 While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the interior and came to Ephesus.
There he found some disciples and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you became believers?”

Intellectual diagnosis of scripture cannot endow a person with the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

God poured out the Baptism of the Holy Spirit upon SAVED BELIEVERS in Acts chapter 2.

The Apostles/Disciples were already Born-Again BEFORE the Holy Spirit was poured out upon them in Acts ch2.

Same is today = many saved Believers who have yet to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit = for MOST teach against it.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES, they were disciples of Jesus and knew He was the Savior.

Acts 19:1 While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the interiora and came to Ephesus.
There he found some disciples and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you became believers?”

Intellectual diagnosis of scripture cannot endow a person with the Holy Spirit.

God poured out the Baptism of the Holy Spirit upon SAVED BELIEVERS in Acts chapter 2.

The Apostles/Disciples were already Born-Again BEFORE the Holy Spirit was poured out upon them in Acts ch2.

Same is today = many saved Believers who have yet to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit = for MOST teach against it.

Jn 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

The words of life Jesus Christ speaks to us are spirit - as proven by the above verse!!

And it has always been that way!

Jn 8:43 43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word.

Even when Jesus was in the flesh, and talking via sound waves, those hearing the sound waves COULD NOT HEAR HIS WORD!!!

Now that doesn't seem to make sense, and doesn't unless you understand that His words are spirit and come from the HOLY SPIRIT, as proven in Jn 6:63.

Jn 8:47 He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.”

God is spirit. Thus the words we hear from God are spirit. And Jesus Christ owns the words of God!! All things the Father has are His, which include the very words of God! The Holy Spirit takes those words of God which belong to Jesus Christ, and gives them to us via our spirit!! So unless you actually are hearing the Holy Spirit speaking to your spirit you are not hearing the words of God which belong to and thus are the words of Jesus Christ!!

The pharisees didn't understand this, and nobody does unless they are actually hearing from the Holy Spirit! So Webers Home made some fine post in pointing this out, and also explaining why we here on earth who hear Jesus Christ via His Holy Spirit need to preach and thus explain this to people!!

Some very nice posts by Webers Home, and it seems he proved the importance of preaching Jesus Christ and how we need the Holy Spirit, because it is still not clear to all.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They were John the Baptist's disciples. (Acts 19:3-4) In point of fact, the
people with whom Paul spoke didn't become Jesus' disciples until the 5th verse.
_
God knowing ALL things has provided for us ALL Truth that corrects the errors of religion in the churches.

REMEMBER this = John the Baptist preached the Gospel to his disciples = John 1:29-31

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
This is He of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water.”

They were BELIEVERS in Jesus through the preaching of the Gospel which they heard from:

A.) John the Baptist =Then Paul said, “John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance, (John the B)saying to the people that they should believe on Him who would come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.”

B.) Apollos preached the Gospel to them = Acts 18:24-25
Now a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man and mighty in the Scriptures, came to Ephesus.
This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things of the Lord, though he knew only the baptism of John.

MANY Believers in Christ today have been taught to REJECT the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and to ASSUME they have received it when they believed the Gospel unto Salvation.

Intellectual diagnosis of scripture cannot endow a person with the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

The words of life Jesus Christ speaks to us are spirit - as proven by the above verse!!

And it has always been that way!

Jn 8:43 43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word.

Even when Jesus was in the flesh, and talking via sound waves, those hearing the sound waves COULD NOT HEAR HIS WORD!!!

Now that doesn't seem to make sense, and doesn't unless you understand that His words are spirit and come from the HOLY SPIRIT, as proven in Jn 6:63.

Jn 8:47 He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.”

God is spirit. Thus the words we hear from God are spirit. And Jesus Christ owns the words of God!! All things the Father has are His, which include the very words of God! The Holy Spirit takes those words of God which belong to Jesus Christ, and gives them to us via our spirit!! So unless you actually are hearing the Holy Spirit speaking to your spirit you are not hearing the words of God which belong to and thus are the words of Jesus Christ!!

The pharisees didn't understand this, and nobody does unless they are actually hearing from the Holy Spirit! So Webers Home made some fine post in pointing this out, and also explaining why we here on earth who hear Jesus Christ via His Holy Spirit need to preach and thus explain this to people!!

Some very nice posts by Webers Home, and it seems he proved the importance of preaching Jesus Christ and how we need the Holy Spirit, because it is still not clear to all.
SEE Post 11

You also need to understand the difference of being Born-Again and being Baptized in the Holy Spirit.

EXAMPLE: Many believe that Salvation was not available in OT = this is FALSEHOOD

Isaiah 45:22
Look to Me, and be saved,
All you ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.

David's Prayer AFTER he sinned with Bathsheba
Psalm 51
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
known the truth.
_

Though not all are called to be preachers, all are certainly called to be a witness for what the Lord has done for them by His Gospel. Why must we tell people about the Gospel of Christ, the Word? Because faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word. Paul tells the Church in Rome why it is important to have not only preachers, but also evangelists, and teachers, of which every believer can become to some degree.

Romans 10:8-15 (KJV) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15:1-3
“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the conclusion of the church's extraction per 1Thess 4:13-18, not one
God-given preacher will remain anywhere on Earth, so that those preachers
who do remain will all be cheap goods: yet there will no doubt be numerous
frightened congregations all 'round the world looking to those very same
incompetent quacks for answers just the same as they did before the
extraction.
_

Last edited:

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They were John the Baptist's disciples. (Acts 19:3-4) In point of fact, the
people with whom Paul spoke didn't become Jesus' disciples until the 5th verse.
_
Are you sure about that?

Jesus explained that His words were spirit and that they came via the Holy Spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

The importance and understanding of the above is often missed, just like it was missed then and so why Jesus had to point this out!!

So for example, where did king Solomon get his wisdom???

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Jesus Christ is the Lord, right?

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

So according to the Scriptures, if we care to believe they are correct, even king Solomon was getting his wisdom from the mouth His (Jesus Christ the Lord's, mouth!!!

So what about even those disciples of Jesus. They didn't actually hear from Him before hearing from the sound waves that came out of His mouth did they?

What is going on with this little conversation between Jesus and Nathanael?

Jn 1:48,49 Nathanael *said to Him, “How do You know me?” Jesus answered and said to him, “Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.”
Nathanael answered Him, “Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel.”

The fact is that Jesus Christ has been around from the beginning as the Word of God, and so all those who heard from God heard from Jesus Christ and knew Him as the Lord! They learned from Him, got wisdom from Him, instructions from Him, and were discipled by Him, if they believed.

Gen 15:1,2 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying,
“Do not fear, Abram,
I am a shield to you;
Your reward shall be very great.”
Abram said, “O Lord GOD, what will You give me, since I am childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?”

We should understand that Jesus Christ has always been the Word of God, or word of the Lord, because He is the One who has the words of God for men. He comes and speaks to us, and if we believe in Him that is counted as righteousness to us.

Gen 15:6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

So when we go out and preach the Word of God, we are preaching Jesus Christ and that He is there to talk to us by faith!!

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

Now that was true before He took on flesh, just like it is true after He took on flesh!! The real problem has always been the men, in general, don't want to listen to Him!!

Ps 81:8 “Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you;
O Israel, if you would listen to Me!

That is it!!! Even back in the Old Testament, if His people would listen to Him He would "admonish" them - and we understand that means discipling them, right?

Is 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.

Reasoning with the Lord is discipleship!! And we all need to be doing that, and all should have been from long before Jesus took on flesh and came down out of heaven.

• Love

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure about that?

Jesus explained that His words were spirit and that they came via the Holy Spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

The importance and understanding of the above is often missed, just like it was missed then and so why Jesus had to point this out!!

So for example, where did king Solomon get his wisdom???

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Jesus Christ is the Lord, right?

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

So according to the Scriptures, if we care to believe they are correct, even king Solomon was getting his wisdom from the mouth His (Jesus Christ the Lord's, mouth!!!

So what about even those disciples of Jesus. They didn't actually hear from Him before hearing from the sound waves that came out of His mouth did they?

What is going on with this little conversation between Jesus and Nathanael?

Jn 1:48,49 Nathanael *said to Him, “How do You know me?” Jesus answered and said to him, “Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.”
Nathanael answered Him, “Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel.”

The fact is that Jesus Christ has been around from the beginning as the Word of God, and so all those who heard from God heard from Jesus Christ and knew Him as the Lord! They learned from Him, got wisdom from Him, instructions from Him, and were discipled by Him, if they believed.

Gen 15:1,2 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying,
“Do not fear, Abram,
I am a shield to you;
Your reward shall be very great.”
Abram said, “O Lord GOD, what will You give me, since I am childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?”

We should understand that Jesus Christ has always been the Word of God, or word of the Lord, because He is the One who has the words of God for men. He comes and speaks to us, and if we believe in Him that is counted as righteousness to us.

Gen 15:6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

So when we go out and preach the Word of God, we are preaching Jesus Christ and that He is there to talk to us by faith!!

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

Now that was true before He took on flesh, just like it is true after He took on flesh!! The real problem has always been the men, in general, don't want to listen to Him!!

Ps 81:8 “Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you;
O Israel, if you would listen to Me!

That is it!!! Even back in the Old Testament, if His people would listen to Him He would "admonish" them - and we understand that means discipling them, right?

Is 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.

Reasoning with the Lord is discipleship!! And we all need to be doing that, and all should have been from long before Jesus took on flesh and came down out of heaven.
Isaiah 45:19, 22

“I am the LORD,
and there is no other.
I have not spoken in secret,
from a place in a land of darkness.
I did not say to the descendants of Jacob,
‘Seek Me in a wasteland.’
I, the LORD, speak the truth;
I say what is right.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 45:19, 22

“I am the LORD,
and there is no other.
I have not spoken in secret,
from a place in a land of darkness.
I did not say to the descendants of Jacob,
‘Seek Me in a wasteland.’
I, the LORD, speak the truth;
I say what is right.

YES - YES - YES!!! :)

The Bible is correct and it points to us needing to hear from our Lord, Jesus Christ! His name is called "The Word of God"

Revelation 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

He is called the Word of God because He speaks to us, but some don't have that revelation because they don't want to listen to what He has to say! And perhaps some don't even understand that He is there to be heard from, so they don't even know He is there to be heard from. That is why we preach The Word of God - meaning Jesus is there to speak to us. His Holy Spirit is not the only spirit around, but He is omni-present so we can at anytime seek our Lord and all those who seek find! And that means all of us who are in this "wasteland". This fleshy body of ours will go away but what about our spirit? Where is our spirit going?

If we know Him who is not only the Word of God but also the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORD and is ruling over the Kingdom of God, will our spirit then not have a place of awesome wonder and His glory to go to? And we have access to not only the King, which is amazing in itself, but if the King then His Kingdom also. The Kingdom of God is in our midst.

So it is that I hear with my spiritual ears by faith. And of course the day I hear is Today. I hear with my physical ears today, so of course I also hear with my spiritual ears today. Though I have only been up an hour or so, I have already had several short conversation with my Lord, Jesus Christ. Nothing all that important, except they are all important to me. I woke up and asked Him if He wanted to talk. He responded and said He did. We had a short conversation about who wisdom it like hair, in that wisdom is the stuff that comes out of our head. I have talked to Him about that before, but He had two reasons for bringing it up again. Frist was that He wanted me to get a hair cut today. Not only because I am over due for a hair cut, but because tomorrow I was going to be doing some ministry at the church I go to, and He needed my thinking to be cut back so that His thinking could come through. The hair cut was a symbolic act, meaning that I was going to need to make every effort to seeking His thinking during ministry tomorrow.

Now that is how it should be for us Christians. That needs to be the normal Christian life - where we are talking to Him everyday called Today. Yet we find that many don't really know who Jesus Christ is:

Jn 8:25 So they were saying to Him, “Who are You?” Jesus said to them, “What have I been saying to you from the beginning?

The religious people when Jesus came in the flesh, though they had been told about Him from the beginning, did not know who He was!! He was the One who had been saying to them, "from the beginning"!! And they didn't know it!!

And some among us still don't know that!! They still don't even know who Jesus Christ is!!!

He is the Word of God because He has the words of God that we hear from the Holy Spirit who takes them from Him and gives them to our spirit!! And it has been that way from the beginning!!

Jn 1:1,2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

The same One who wanted me to get a hair cut today, is the same One was in the beginning with God, was God, took on flesh, went to the cross, rose again, and sit at the right hand of God on the throne of God, and whose name is called "The Word of God" because He owns the words of God. They were given to Him by His Father.

Jn 16: 13-15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. “He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

So when we preach "The Word of God" we are preaching Jesus Christ, and that does not mean Jesus Christ is the Bible. He is the One who had the men who wrote the Bible write it!

The Spirit once told me: We don't use the Lord to preach the Scriptures, we use the Scriptures to preach the Lord!

That is not hard to understand. The Scriptures are good for study, reproof and teaching. So we use them to tell people about Jesus Christ and how they can hear from Him TODAY - - - He stands at the door and knocks and if anyone opens up to Him, He will come into them and eat with them and them with Him! (Rev 3:20)

That is what we are telling people! Jesus Christ is the Word of God we preach, meaning that He talks to us, and it is apparent that some don't understand that even TODAY! So it is important to preach the Word of God today,

The Lord is not only thinking about us today, He wanting to talk to us TODAY!

So are we going to get up in the morning and seek Him, but saying something like, "Lord, do you want to talk?"

That is all the seeking it takes - because He does want to talk to us.

• Love

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES - YES - YES!!! :)

The Bible is correct and it points to us needing to hear from our Lord, Jesus Christ! His name is called "The Word of God"

Revelation 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

He is called the Word of God because He speaks to us, but some don't have that revelation because they don't want to listen to what He has to say! And perhaps some don't even understand that He is there to be heard from, so they don't even know He is there to be heard from. That is why we preach The Word of God - meaning Jesus is there to speak to us. His Holy Spirit is not the only spirit around, but He is omni-present so we can at anytime seek our Lord and all those who seek find! And that means all of us who are in this "wasteland". This fleshy body of ours will go away but what about our spirit? Where is our spirit going?

If we know Him who is not only the Word of God but also the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORD and is ruling over the Kingdom of God, will our spirit then not have a place of awesome wonder and His glory to go to? And we have access to not only the King, which is amazing in itself, but if the King then His Kingdom also. The Kingdom of God is in our midst.

So it is that I hear with my spiritual ears by faith. And of course the day I hear is Today. I hear with my physical ears today, so of course I also hear with my spiritual ears today. Though I have only been up an hour or so, I have already had several short conversation with my Lord, Jesus Christ. Nothing all that important, except they are all important to me. I woke up and asked Him if He wanted to talk. He responded and said He did. We had a short conversation about who wisdom it like hair, in that wisdom is the stuff that comes out of our head. I have talked to Him about that before, but He had two reasons for bringing it up again. Frist was that He wanted me to get a hair cut today. Not only because I am over due for a hair cut, but because tomorrow I was going to be doing some ministry at the church I go to, and He needed my thinking to be cut back so that His thinking could come through. The hair cut was a symbolic act, meaning that I was going to need to make every effort to seeking His thinking during ministry tomorrow.

Now that is how it should be for us Christians. That needs to be the normal Christian life - where we are talking to Him everyday called Today. Yet we find that many don't really know who Jesus Christ is:

Jn 8:25 So they were saying to Him, “Who are You?” Jesus said to them, “What have I been saying to you from the beginning?

The religious people when Jesus came in the flesh, though they had been told about Him from the beginning, did not know who He was!! He was the One who had been saying to them, "from the beginning"!! And they didn't know it!!

And some among us still don't know that!! They still don't even know who Jesus Christ is!!!

He is the Word of God because He has the words of God that we hear from the Holy Spirit who takes them from Him and gives them to our spirit!! And it has been that way from the beginning!!

Jn 1:1,2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

The same One who wanted me to get a hair cut today, is the same One was in the beginning with God, was God, took on flesh, went to the cross, rose again, and sit at the right hand of God on the throne of God, and whose name is called "The Word of God" because He owns the words of God. They were given to Him by His Father.

Jn 16: 13-15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. “He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

So when we preach "The Word of God" we are preaching Jesus Christ, and that does not mean Jesus Christ is the Bible. He is the One who had the men who wrote the Bible write it!

The Spirit once told me: We don't use the Lord to preach the Scriptures, we use the Scriptures to preach the Lord!

That is not hard to understand. The Scriptures are good for study, reproof and teaching. So we use them to tell people about Jesus Christ and how they can hear from Him TODAY - - - He stands at the door and knocks and if anyone opens up to Him, He will come into them and eat with them and them with Him! (Rev 3:20)

That is what we are telling people! Jesus Christ is the Word of God we preach, meaning that He talks to us, and it is apparent that some don't understand that even TODAY! So it is important to preach the Word of God today,

The Lord is not only thinking about us today, He wanting to talk to us TODAY!

So are we going to get up in the morning and seek Him, but saying something like, "Lord, do you want to talk?"

That is all the seeking it takes - because He does want to talk to us.

The Spirit bears witness as before your post i was thinking how God says:
"honor the grey haired" and not only that but also "the bald head"
Why is that?
God is referring to men/women who have walked with Him in Life and have Wisdom, Discernment and Truth.
Notice also "grey haired or bald" = no distinction = no discrimination with God and the Holy Spirit

Remember what happened to those children who mocked saying: 2 Kings 2:23
Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!”

So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

Because of religion few understand who the "Word was God" IS from the Beginning.

107:23-32
Those who go down to the sea in ships,
Who do business on great waters,
24They see the works of the Lord,
And His wonders in the deep.
25For He commands and raises the stormy wind,
Which lifts up the waves of the sea.
26They mount up to the heavens,
They go down again to the depths;
Their soul melts because of trouble.
27They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man,
And [e]are at their wits’ end.
28Then they cry out to the Lord in their trouble,
And He brings them out of their distresses.
29He calms the storm,
So that its waves are still.
30Then they are glad because they are quiet;
So He guides them to their desired haven.
31Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness,
And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
32Let them exalt Him also in the assembly of the people,
And praise Him in the company of the elders.

Now when He got into a boat, His disciples followed Him. And suddenly a great tempest arose on the sea, so that the boat was covered with the waves. But He was asleep. Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!”
But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. So the men marveled, saying, Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?