Why should we study the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epdesmond

Jan 20, 2024
Winlock
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have realized in my life that I do not understand the Bible as much as wish I did.

I have decided to undertake a large course for a greater understanding of the Bible. I have already completed my first week of study and have found great satisfaction in finding all the intricacies of Bible study. I have met multiple people from different parts of the world united by a love for God and His word. I have learned some really interesting facts about the Bible and its history. I now would like to ask whoever reads this to take more time out of their day to just read the Bible. Whether you study on your own or with a guide, just a small amount of study can give such a great feeling.

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have realized in my life that I do not understand the Bible as much as wish I did.

I have decided to undertake a large course for a greater understanding of the Bible. I have already completed my first week of study and have found great satisfaction in finding all the intricacies of Bible study. I have met multiple people from different parts of the world united by a love for God and His word. I have learned some really interesting facts about the Bible and its history. I now would like to ask whoever reads this to take more time out of their day to just read the Bible. Whether you study on your own or with a guide, just a small amount of study can give such a great feeling.
It's good to read our bibles and I read a portion of mine every morning. However don't discount the work of the Holy Spirit plays in giving us understanding of what we read. I think it's best to study Jesus.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is the Guide to God's Kingdom. Those who sit in church and trust preachers are likely to burn in Hell. STUDY the Bible like your eternity is at stake, because it is!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Bible is the Guide to God's Kingdom. Those who sit in church and trust preachers are likely to burn in Hell. STUDY the Bible like your eternity is at stake, because it is!
I have never been in a church where the preacher didn't encourage us to check the facts. And actually it isn't the bible which is our eternity it is Jesus the Christ. And when we read or study our bibles it is not our own interpretations that matter it is what the Holy Spirit reveals to us. Our bibles are no replacement for a personal relationship with Jesus.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never been in a church where the preacher didn't encourage us to check the facts. And actually it isn't the bible which is our eternity it is Jesus the Christ. And when we read or study our bibles it is not our own interpretations that matter it is what the Holy Spirit reveals to us. Our bibles are no replacement for a personal relationship with Jesus.
"The Bible is the Guide to God's Kingdom."

It leads us to Jesus / God! To reject the Bible as God's written Word is the road to Hell fire.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"The Bible is the Guide to God's Kingdom."

It leads us to Jesus / God! To reject the Bible as God's written Word is the road to Hell fire.
Have I said to reject the bible? No I didn't.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can't separate Jesus and the Bible.
Well you could if you didn't have a bible. I knew Jesus before I started reading a bible. But the bible taught me about him and about God the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you could if you didn't have a bible. I knew Jesus before I started reading a bible. But the bible taught me about him and about God the Father and the Holy Spirit.
How did you know Jesus without the Bible??

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm glad you believe the Bible is the written Word of God, but Satan can disguise himself as Jesus.
I do believe the bible is God's written word and Jesus is also called the Word of God. After I was born again I bought a bible so I could find out more about Jesus. It was a Good News version which the church I joined was using at the time. After a while I bought a New International bible and read that until it fell apart.

I do believe our bibles are an important part of our spiritual growth if we let the Holy Spirit guide us and not try to go it alone and putting our interpretation on things. But the vital thing is to know Jesus, it is knowledge of Him that saves us.. We can know about him - and most people do - a bit like we can know about a famous person. We can never know that famous person in a personal was but we can know Jesus in that one to one personal way. Not just knowing about him but really knowing him as a friend and brother.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe the bible is God's written word and Jesus is also called the Word of God. After I was born again I bought a bible to I could find out more about Jesus. It was a Good News version which the church I joined was using at the time. After a while I bought a New International bible and read that until it fell apart.
Just curious: was your NIV the 1978 version or the 2011 version?

Last edited: